Will Guns cancel the 2020 shows due to COVID-19? Update: tour has been paused

Just now, RussTCB said:

Right....so as I said: that's not what you were replying to. 

What you actually did was quote the part where he stated a fact, then you made it sound as if "people" on here are rooting for GNR to fail, then you insinuated that they're not real fans. 

I was replying to the whole quote even if I did not quote it. As for the "people" quote. I can use that term without implying the entire board. Like some people want this tour canceled. Doesn't it mean that I am referring to you? If you take the conversation out of context and think I am then yeah. 

Look at the entire context of the conversation.  I did not say anything about you or the board as a whole. I said people as in certain groups

• Haha 1

As much as it's easy to take jabs at the ticket sales, lack of new music, and so forth, I don't think anyone here is saying they want the tour cancelled. The question is will it be cancelled - be it by Guns, Live Nation, or other forced external factors pertaining the virus. It does indeed remain a possibility and that's what the discussion is. Doesn't mean it will be, doesn't mean it won't be. It is a very real possibility that some shows could be postponed depending on what some nations decide to implement.

• Like 3

Just now, James Bond said:

As much as it's easy to take jabs at the ticket sales, lack of new music, and so forth, I don't think anyone here is saying they want the tour cancelled. The question is will it be cancelled - be it by Guns, Live Nation, or other forced external factors pertaining the virus. It does indeed remain a possibility and that's what the discussion is. Doesn't mean it will be, doesn't mean it won't be. It is a very real possibility that some shows could be postponed depending on what some nations decide to implement.

Exactly. 

3 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

I was replying to the whole quote even if I did not quote it. As for the "people" quote. I can use that term without implying the entire board. Like some people want this tour canceled. Doesn't it mean that I am referring to you? If you take the conversation out of context and think I am then yeah. 

Look at the entire context of the conversation.  I did not say anything about you or the board as a whole. I said people as in certain groups

So you chose to not include a full quote, then tried to claim that you were replying to the part of the quote you didn't use.......and I'm the one who needs to look at the entire context of the conversation? That's a good one. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I heard your movie got delayed?

Europe tour cancellation is entirely possible atm.

33 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Exactly. 

So you chose to not include a full quote, then tried to claim that you were replying to the part of the quote you didn't use.......and I'm the one who needs to look at the entire context of the conversation? That's a good one. 

Read the entire exchange again. He said that those fuckers deserve to have the tour canceled.

I said it amasses me that some people are rooting for the tour to be cancelled because they are bitter about an album not being released when they want it. 

Some People was that person.

Edited by Gibsonfender2323
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

To want it cancelled at all is just plain weird... 

LOL, no one wants the tour canceled. People are however, stating facts that it's selling terribly and the band could use the virus as an excuse to cancel it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

LOL, no one wants the tour canceled. People are however, stating facts that it's selling terribly and the band could use the virus as an excuse to cancel it. 

Is "justice" the wrong word to use here? Just wondering.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Read the entire exchange again. He said that those fuckers deserve to have the tour canceled.

I said it amasses me that some people are rooting for the tour to be cancelled because they are bitter about an album not being released when they want it. 

Some People was that person.

I've talked in circles with you enough on this. 

You're accusing users here of things you can't back up. No one said they're rooting for the tour to be canceled because the band hadn't released an album. 

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

You're accusing users here of things you can't back up. No one said they're rooting for the tour to be canceled because the band hadn't released an album. 

16 hours ago, RedHook said:

They may cancel and blame it on coronavirus but the real reason will be low ticket sales. Take a look at the NY/NJ and Chicago shows, you can still buy tickets for every section including Pit tickets. If these shows happened tomorrow these places would be empty.

And these fuckers deserve this after teasing a new album that turns out to be a bait & switch of the same show from the past 5 years.

:shrugs:

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

erm, they literally quoted where this was said...

10 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Depends how you view it. The tour is selling similarly to other equivalent tours on the market (The Stones).

Obviously it won't sell at the same rate as the 2016 shows, and I've no doubt we'll see prices slashed as it approaches the date, but they're selling fine for a placeholder tour.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

:shrugs:

Haha. This isn't a matter of me not reading what the user said ooriginally. It's a matter of you not replying to that part of his post. 

That's already been explained to you, twice now. No amount of attempted backtracking will change that. 

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Haha. This isn't a matter of me not reading what the user said ooriginally. It's a matter of you not replying to that part of his post. 

That's already been explained to you, twice now. No amount of attempted backtracking will change that. 

Not backtracking though I am defending my statement:smiley-confused2:.

Anyway, that's not the point of this topic gonna get to the main point of this thread.

We won't know if the virus will cause the shows to be cancelled until at least the next few months. If the outbreak is worse then yes.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

erm, they literally quoted where this was said...

Depends how you view it. The tour is selling similarly to other equivalent tours on the market (The Stones).

Obviously it won't sell at the same rate as the 2016 shows, and I've no doubt we'll see prices slashed as it approaches the date, but they're selling fine for a placeholder tour.

It's impossible for gibsonfender to have quoted Red Hook saying they were rooting for the tour to be cancelled because that's not what Red Hook said. 

As far as ticket sales go: I have no interest in the business side of GNR but that doesn't change the fact that ticket sales are dismal. 

5 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Not backtracking though I am defending my statement:smiley-confused2:.

Anyway, that's not the point of this topic gonna get to the main point of this thread.

We won't know if the virus will cause the shows to be cancelled until at least the next few months. If the outbreak is worse then yes.

We can stay on topic so long as you don't attempt to make things up, put words in users mouths and insinuate that people aren't fans when they state a fact that you don't like. 

8 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

We can stay on topic so long as you don't attempt to make things up, put words in users mouths and insinuate that people aren't fans when they state a fact that you don't like. 

Again I strongly but respectfully disagree

"Those Fuckers Deserve this After The Bait And Switch for no new album for the same show for the past 5 years"

That's what he said and that's a fact  You can say I didn't reply to that and so on. But that's what he said. He implied that if GNR canceled the tour he would be happy because of the no new album. He doesn't have to directly say but he can imply it. 

That's an indisputable fact 

I'm' done

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Again he said

"Those Fuckers Deserve this After The Bait And Switch for no new album for the same show for the past 5 years"

That's what he said. You can say I didn't reply to that. But that's what he said. He implied that if GNR canceled the tour he would be happy because of the no new album. He doesn't have to directly say but he can imply it. 

You won the Internet today!  Congratulations!  Can we move on now? 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Again he said I strongly but respectfully disagree

That's what he said and that's a fact  You can say I didn't reply to that and so on. But that's what he said. He implied that if GNR canceled the tour he would be happy because of the no new album. He doesn't have to directly say but he can imply it. 

I'm' done

LOL "he implied..." is an indisputable fact? I'm sure you're aware that sentence doesn't make sense. That's before you consider that fact that he didn't say anything at all about no new album having anything to do with it whatsoever. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

LOL "he implied..." is an indisputable fact? I'm sure you're aware that sentence doesn't make sense. That's before you consider that fact that he didn't say anything at all about no new album having anything to do with it whatsoever. 

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!  Russ please!!

Image result for let it go gif

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

It's impossible for gibsonfender to have quoted Red Hook saying they were rooting for the tour to be cancelled because that's not what Red Hook said. 

As far as ticket sales go: I have no interest in the business side of GNR but that doesn't change the fact that ticket sales are dismal. 

You're simply wrong on that first point. Simple as.

And as for the US ticket sales no one is saying they're selling amazing. But this will all be factored in to the tour's planning by people access to much better data than we have.

There's a reason the US dates were announced so far ahead of time, to get the mega-fans to pay top dollar and then reel in casuals with price reductions and group-on vouchers. Venues will be decently filled and turn a nice profit. 

The fact the Smashing Pumpkins are supporting them is proof they know that some extra effort is required to move tickets.

Edited by GNR_RNR
accidently submitted first version
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

There's a reason the US dates were announced so far ahead of time, to get the mega-fans to pay top dollar and then reel in casuals with price reductions and group-on vouchers. Venues will be decently filled and turn a nice profit.

It's actually very common for summer stadium tours to be announced 5-6 months in advance. Rammstein also announced a US summer tour last month. Attendance won't magically go up because ticket prices get reduced and if it does, it's by a small amount. Ticket sales are shit because most fans have seen the show multiple times and they just don't care anymore unless new material is involved. I've even seen the casuals complaining about the lack of set changes.

Edited by Gibson_Guy87