Carrie Underwood Shares How She Finally Met Her Rock 'Hero' Axl Rose in Vegas

6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Carrie Underwood is one of those artists who seems like a really cool person, but I cannot get into her music. Her voice absolutely grates on my nerves. 

This.

Though her choice for covers tells me she has a wide taste in music, I can appreciate that in an artist. There are too many one trick ponies in the industry.

• Like 1

This is so great. She’s a true, genuine fan to the bone. She’s covered GN’R songs as early as 2006, so she’s definitely legit. She even did an interview in 2015 saying it’s her dream to sing with Axl one day. Really cool moment for her, and I'm happy to hear that Axl was pleasant.  

Edited by GNRfanJen
  • Like 1

Yes, unfortunately we can't allow for youtube clips of unlicensed content to be posted here directly, so for those inclined there is at least one clip on YouTube of Carrie Underwood rocking out to GNR.  Happy Hunting.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Bob said:

who

She's a "country" music singer who's pretty big in the USA. She got her start on American Idol. 

I put country in quotes because she doesn't really sing country music. She sings more pop music but she's sold as a country artist.

I am not the target demo of her style of music, however she definitely is a very talented singer who I assume would have made it in the industry even with American Idol - I have been impressed by what I have heard from her

Before He Cheats is also kind of an ear-worm I must admit

39 minutes ago, Zinia_29 said:

Jimmy fallon is extravagant but clearly an Axl fan. There's other videos too where his guests are talking about Axl. Unfortunately he could not bring him to his show.

Yeah, I like Fallon a million times better than the Jimmy Kimmel Axl decided to show up for years ago.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Zinia_29 said:

Jimmy fallon is extravagant but clearly an Axl fan. There's other videos too where his guests are talking about Axl. Unfortunately he could not bring him to his show.

Yeah, Fallon's GnR introduction at the 2002 MTV awards says it all. He's like a fourteen year old fanboy:lol:

• Like 4

23 hours ago, 3rd Wheel said:

She's pretty cool and I like that she went in with the rest of the plebeians to watch.

That's not exactly true. She didnt use a regular entrance and she had security all the way around her to where no one could access her. Not exactly just hanging out with the common folk.