Jump to content

London Hudson - Releases New Song with Slash solo


Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Couldnt beleive her shit band got a support slot as part of GNR show.

It's so fucking to let your multi-millionaire dad get you a opening slot on his stadium tour. 

TBH outside of small benefits or free shows... I don't want to see or hear from musicians kids dueting with mommy or daddy! BUT I remember at one of the Metallica gigs Hetfield brought out his daughter so the entire crowd could sing her happy birthday! I thought that was a really nice moment! my gripe is with the Electra Mustaines etc. who are trying to skip the hard work and build fans from a famous father instead of writing good songs and doing the circuit. Having said that, I also can't blame them when the easy path is there! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/08/2020 at 2:19 AM, Tom2112 said:

It's so fucking to let your multi-millionaire dad get you a opening slot on his stadium tour. 

TBH outside of small benefits or free shows... I don't want to see or hear from musicians kids dueting with mommy or daddy! BUT I remember at one of the Metallica gigs Hetfield brought out his daughter so the entire crowd could sing her happy birthday! I thought that was a really nice moment! my gripe is with the Electra Mustaines etc. who are trying to skip the hard work and build fans from a famous father instead of writing good songs and doing the circuit. Having said that, I also can't blame them when the easy path is there! 

Agree.

I can think of other bands that deserved a chance of being support and do the circuit than Graces band.

I remember Grace getting abuse because she posted on her IG for fans not to post old photos of her dad, and people abused her telling her shes happy to accept his help to get her gigs and further her music rather than her band doing the hard yards like GNRs pay to play club days.

Edited by Sydney Fan
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Agree.

I can think of other bands that deserved a chance of being support and do the circuit than Graces band.

I remember Grace getting abuse because she posted on her IG for fans not to post old photos of her dad, and people abused her telling her shes happy to accept his help to get her gigs and further her music rather than her band doing the hard yards like GNRs pay to play club days.

Maybe she realised what a big deal that slot is? But I just don't think a band that has zero following should be given that kind of chance. I mean it would be cool, if Duff or whoever just heard a band like that and then offered the slot... but the nepotism, that's not cool. Same goes for VH replacing Mikey with Wolfgang... and I like Woldgang, but his intro to the band was done poorly! 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2020 at 5:03 PM, Sydney Fan said:

I remember Grace getting abuse because she posted on her IG for fans not to post old photos of her dad, and people abused her telling her shes happy to accept his help to get her gigs and further her music rather than her band doing the hard yards like GNRs pay to play club days.

Those fans aren't wrong, i agree with that. She didn't want to be tagged in pics of Duff and deal with GnR stuff but she had no problem using his connections and influence to book big shows.

 

On 8/15/2020 at 2:31 PM, Tom2112 said:

But I just don't think a band that has zero following should be given that kind of chance. I mean it would be cool, if Duff or whoever just heard a band like that and then offered the slot... but the nepotism, that's not cool.

I agree, the main problem is with the nepotism. Now if they had a good following and were actually talented then that would be one thing, but they don't and she's not so that shouldn't have happened.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I couldn't blame someone for using the resources they have to try and get their music out there. If the music is good, the music is good. I think the Pink Slips are pretty rad. But it was odd to see them opening stadiums. Feels like one thing to use your connections to get club gigs as Duff Mckagan’s daughter, a whole other to jump to opening your Dad’s stadium tour.
 

London and Noah’s project is fun, there's charm in the self-production. It is freaky how much Noah sounds like his dad in sections. I’d be interested to see how those two turn out as they get more professional recording. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On August 13, 2020 at 7:39 PM, baje said:

I should've let this thread stay dead :wacko:

Im glad you didnt, I missed this the first time around. Great track, Bad Sleep, and thats easily my favourite Slash solo in some time :headbang:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 13/8/2020 at 2:16 AM, baje said:

If anyone's interested, London just teamed up with Scott Weiland's son, Roman, on a couple tracks 

https://m.soundcloud.com/ohokroman/sets/relapse

Happy to see the boys have a great friendship 

Sounds good! His voice reminds me of his father's. I like it.

It's nice to see them making music

Edited by fernandoGNR
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...