How do you feel about Miles singing Gunss?

DurhamGirl

I was watching a few Alt and Slash clips when Miles sang SCOM,  it did not feel right to me at all (apart from the fact that he does not sing it well) it felt out of place and kind of 'unseemly' , 'it should have been Axl' and nobody else.  I suppose sort of disloyal oof Slash, maybe I am being too sensitive.

48 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

I was watching a few Alt and Slash clips when Miles sang SCOM,  it did not feel right to me at all (apart from the fact that he does not sing it well) it felt out of place and kind of 'unseemly' , 'it should have been Axl' and nobody else.  I suppose sort of disloyal oof Slash, maybe I am being too sensitive.

Disloyal? Meanwhile Axl has been doing GnR songs with a number of guitarists when Slash wasn't around. Is that any more loyal? I'd say you're being too sensitive, yes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think his Nightrain sounds good overall  and his Rocket Queen choruses sound good, but the verses are a little whiny with his newer voice (compared to his voice in 2008ish for AB material)

He sings nice on SCOM, but I guess I can say that I dont really like it

Edited by Mendez

On 3/9/2020 at 6:48 AM, ArthurMorgan said:

Disloyal? Meanwhile Axl has been doing GnR songs with a number of guitarists when Slash wasn't around. Is that any more loyal? I'd say you're being too sensitive, yes.

I agree.

Myles consistently sounds great every night and hits all the notes. Can't say the same for Axl.

• Like 1

Just now, lame ass security said:

Not sure how much that says these days.

Sad but true. Personally I like Myles's voice a lot but it doesn't compare to Axl's 'old' voice. Axl's voice was the initial thing that got me into Guns, it was unique and i loved it. Nowadays it's Axl's voice that push me away from Guns.

Back in the day a lot of people -usually blokes- hated his singing voice. If people are being honest with themselves, they can say that Axl sounds pretty awful for most of a show.

10 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Sad but true. Personally I like Myles's voice a lot but it doesn't compare to Axl's 'old' voice. Axl's voice was the initial thing that got me into Guns, it was unique and i loved it. Nowadays it's Axl's voice that push me away from Guns.

Back in the day a lot of people -usually blokes- hated his singing voice. If people are being honest with themselves, they can say that Axl sounds pretty awful for most of a show.

I've always loved Axl's voice and he's been a big influence on my own singing, maybe a bit too much.😊

59 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

The question wasn’t about Axl though - it was just about how do you like Myles singing GnR songs. 

He sucks. 

With all due respect, I think you’ve (and some others here) misread the question. The question was «How do you feel about Myles singing Guns?». The OP even says «apart from the fact that he does not sing it well». 

So the question, if I’m not mistaking, is not about the quality of Myles’ performance. It’s about wether or not you feel anyone but Axl should perform these songs with Slash.

Edited by ArthurMorgan
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ArthurMorgan said:

With all due respect, I think you’ve (and some others here) misread the question. The question was «How do you feel about Myles singing Guns?». The OP even says «apart from the fact that he does not sing it well». 

So the question, if I’m not mistaking, is not about the quality of Myles’ performance. It’s about wether or not you feel anyone but Axl should perform these songs with Slash.

Yeah, I couldn’t be arsed to read it properly, just saw the title and the replies and responded to that :awesomeface:

Anyway, I think Myles is totally wrong for GnR songs. He makes them all sound the same and dull as ditch water. 

GnR songs worked with Rod Jackson, his WTTJ was pretty great and Scott weiland did a good job with ISE. 

So I don’t feel it’s disloyal to Axl to enjoy it when Slash plays GnR with another of his singers ..... just Myles sucks so bad at it. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 1

On 09/03/2020 at 9:55 AM, DurhamGirl said:

in a semi-perfect world izzy would be singing on slash's band and slash would be the lead guitar player on izzy's band and these two bands would be one and the same SO we would listen to izzy singing guns n roses INSTEAD of all these talented-professional-singers-that-hit-all-the-high-notes-but-sound-bland-as-shit like miles kennedy