Marijuana Edibles!

JONEZY

Haven't smoked weed in years, use to love it but it got me paranoid.  So, recently marijuana became legal in my state.  The other day a friend of mine gave me 2 pot gumdrops.  Best way I can describe it, edible candy.  I have insomnia, can't get a good nights sleep.

So, the other night I woke up in the middle of the night, couldn't go back to sleep, watching crap on TV.  Took one of the edibles, waited for 30 minutes, didn't kick in. " I knew it would take awhile".  Then I ate the other one, drank some water, and laid down.  Then it hit me, like a fever in my head and my torso, but in a good way.  I got a good 3 more hours of sleep that night, with no hangover whatsoever.  Just like medicine, but with no after effects.

Your thoughts

• Like 1

Im bad at edibles too. Its quite the commitment. Its chemically a different thing that gets you high (because your organs super heats the THC into, hmmm THCA maybe??). And for me its more of a once a year thing because I just get too wrecked. And for hours!

I hadn't vaped cannabis for at least 6 months until I had an injury flare up recently and I fancied a bit of relief. Got some high CBD buds and vaped. Was pleasant for sleeping and pain relief. So then, since I struggle with sleep, I decided to try out some high CBD & low THC indica oil. Man does it ever upset my stomach! 

Im bummed about that but still plan to try some of the high CBD dark chocolate that is on sale here now.

9 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

I'm a singer and have had bouts of dealing with stage anxiety, would weed help alleviate some of that?

You really have to try it and more than once. My first time or if i go awhile without doing it, my anxiety actually ratchets up.

6 hours ago, soon said:

Im bad at edibles too. Its quite the commitment. Its chemically a different thing that gets you high (because your organs super heats the THC into, hmmm THCA maybe??). And for me its more of a once a year thing because I just get too wrecked. And for hours!

I hadn't vaped cannabis for at least 6 months until I had an injury flare up recently and I fancied a bit of relief. Got some high CBD buds and vaped. Was pleasant for sleeping and pain relief. So then, since I struggle with sleep, I decided to try out some high CBD & low THC indica oil. Man does it ever upset my stomach! 

Im bummed about that but still plan to try some of the high CBD dark chocolate that is on sale here now.

Not exactly, cannabis plants do not produce THC, they produce THCA (tetrahydrocannabinolic acid).  THC is produced when THCA is heated. THCA is non-psychoactive In raw(dried cannabis) or live flowering plants.  Your body does not have receptors for THCA, however it does have receptors for THC.  (CB1 cannabinoid receptors)

For edibles the THCA is heated into all kinds of things for example butter, oil, tinctures etc, this is a concentrated form of THC.  Naturally your body absorbs this differently over smoking it and it is higher THC content over smoking so you may get higher or experience greater effects over smoking.  The increase is based on the THC content in the mixture not that your body heats it.

• 1 month later...

Be wary of eating too much in regards to edibles.I used to smoke pot regularly(daily smoker for 15 years )then causally for the next 15(maybe 2-3 times a month )transitioned to edibles and it was great until I ate too much on one occasion and it was an awful experience.I ate 2 whole chocolate bars (guy at the pot shop had recommended a quarter to half a bar to help with sleep,muscle aches etc ) gradually went up to eating whole one idk what I was thinking but consumed 2 bars and for the first time in my life got extremely paranoid on weed and couldn’t control my balance for hours on end.Never again 

I’m having my first attempt at making edibles this weekend. Got 3 ounces of bud from my plant and am using this machine I bought to make butter https://magicalbutter.com.au/collections/products

question is if I should make a mix with buds and leaf or straight bud. And then weather to buy a pre- packaged cookie or brownie mix and add in the recommended butter amount or make something from scratch for higher potency 

Any suggestions?

Edited by megaguns1982

10 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

I’m having my first attempt at making edibles this weekend. Got 3 ounces of bud from my plant and am using this machine I bought to make butter https://magicalbutter.com.au/collections/products

question is if I should make a mix with buds and leaf or straight bud. And then weather to buy a pre- packaged cookie or brownie mix and add in the recommended butter amount or make something from scratch for higher potency 

Any suggestions?

3 ounces from a homegrown plant sounds pretty good to me! Ive seen those machines - looks cool.

Not sure about the leaves. But if you decide against including them you could always make a separate concentrate out of only leaf that you could smoke or possibly vape? Would be less potent then your bud butter but way more potent then just leaf?? Or just use the leaves in tea, not for the potential very light buzz, but for all the nutrients that are in them.

As far as delivery method... stick your face into the bowl of canna butter and slurp it up! :lol:

7 hours ago, soon said:

3 ounces from a homegrown plant sounds pretty good to me! Ive seen those machines - looks cool.

Not sure about the leaves. But if you decide against including them you could always make a separate concentrate out of only leaf that you could smoke or possibly vape? Would be less potent then your bud butter but way more potent then just leaf?? Or just use the leaves in tea, not for the potential very light buzz, but for all the nutrients that are in them.

As far as delivery method... stick your face into the bowl of canna butter and slurp it up! :lol:

I surprised myself this year with 3 ounces, normally only get 2 was hitting it with nitrogen and then potash when it started to flower.

but yeah, it’s pretty decent from what I’ve had so far, first mix is on today, 1litre of ghee butter and 2 cups of bud/leaf mix. Might spread some on toast later lol

• GNFNR 1

6 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

Nice, man! I find growing my own stuff and turing it in to products really satisfying. If its something that gets me high, even better, lol. Weekend cant come fast enough, eh??

I cant see the pic. Ive used the same photo sharing platform and at a glance I think its possible that you might just have to select a different link to have it appear here? You'll want a "direct link" and dont need an embedding link. Just cut and paste the "direct link" right onto the page and photo should appear. (Sorry if thats all obvious to you!)

2 hours ago, soon said:

Nice, man! I find growing my own stuff and turing it in to products really satisfying. If its something that gets me high, even better, lol. Weekend cant come fast enough, eh??

I cant see the pic. Ive used the same photo sharing platform and at a glance I think its possible that you might just have to select a different link to have it appear here? You'll want a "direct link" and dont need an embedding link. Just cut and paste the "direct link" right onto the page and photo should appear. (Sorry if thats all obvious to you!)

This should work, looks good.... that magical butter machine is awesome!

https://ibb.co/V06xTzS

Edited by megaguns1982
  • GNFNR 1

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I wanna hear a podcast where @RussTCB tries his first sativa edible, then rants about Pink Floyd :lol:

Haha. Hell you might just get that one day! You in the mood for a 5 hour podcast? Because that's about how long that episode would be haha

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Scaledish said:

The worst part of edibles is realising you're way, way too high, then going online to look up "how long do edibles last".

Or is that the best part?

break on through to the other side! Haha