Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Thanks man, I appreciate it.  I did it in a studio, I know it sounds a bit dry but I did that purposely. I didn't have a mic on the guitar, I just let the vocal mic bleed through.  That was a mistake, I should've used one. Anyway, I have a version with full instrumentation that I will post also.

Edit: I would love to have you involved in future endeavors.  

Edited by lame ass security
  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Thanks man, I appreciate it.  I did it in a studio, I know it sounds a bit dry but I did that purposely. I didn't have a mic on the guitar, I just let the vocal mic bleed through.  That was a mistake, I should've used one. Anyway, I have a version with full instrumentation that I will post also.

Edit: I would love to have you involved in future endeavors.  

Looking forward to hearing it! It is a really good song, let me know when the other version is up. Happy to do a mix of it if you have the separates.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, djones1225 said:

Great song, if you do need someone to mix your stuff I'd be happy to do it. Btw just joking about the vocal DB, hopefully got my reference lol.

Sure man, I would be down with that. There are a lot of talented people on here that I would like to collaborate with.  It seems that I should get the reference but it's not coming to me.😊

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Sure man, I would be down with that. There are a lot of talented people on here that I would like to collaborate with.  It seems that I should get the reference but it's not coming to me.😊

If you wanna hear some of my mixing skills, on the GNRleaks reddit I posted a remastered / remix of Better & a remastered version of You Could be Mine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

nice, would you mind sharing the chords so i can try and play it at home

thanks

Absolutely, but I have to warn you it's a really complicated progression.😄 Just kidding. It's in E then goes to G and A. In the chorus part "little by little it takes its toll" it goes D to E.  Then at the end of the chorus "if you dance with the devil you'll never have to sell your soul" it's G,D,A.

Edit: During the intro I'm strumming E,G,A7

Edited by lame ass security
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lame ass security said:

Absolutely, but I have to warn you it's a really complicated progression.😄 Just kidding. It's in E then goes to G and A. In the chorus part "little by little it takes its toll" it goes D to E.  Then at the end of the chorus "if you dance with the devil you'll never have to sell your soul" it's G,D,A.

Edit: During the intro I'm strumming E,G,A7

great, thanks!

gonna have to learn A7 today!

 

Edited by ludurigan
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

great, thanks!

gonna have to learn A7 today!

 

Very cool, there are two ways to play a standard A7.  Just play an A chord and put your ring finger on the small E string on the third fret.  Or just play an A chord but leave the G string open, using your middle and ring finger(or index and middle finger).  It sounds more complicated than it really is trying to explain it.😊

Edited by lame ass security
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just listened.This has a Tesla type vibe.....really good.

I can picture Layne stanley AIC doing a grungy version of this but would easily fit into the /Mother love bone/Temple of the dog period.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...