COVID-19: Quarantine Self Help Group

lilacmess

Oh, I would love to binge watch. But with the kids it's not an option. 

I've watched ST Voyeger twice. First time in the 90ies on videos sent from the US.

4 minutes ago, Axls Rocket Queen said:

Day two here.  I do somewhat feel sick enough that I'm not up to doing loads anyway, I think it'll be a lot tougher when I feel better.

All the best to you. Fortunatly we're not sick (yet) :nervous:

Edited by lilacmess

48 minutes ago, lilacmess said:

Hello everyone! 

Who here is in quarantine? 

I'm on day 3 and it's starting to drag. Maybe we can share some experiences, humor, etc.

Happy we have a garden. Otherwise the kids would start to go crazy. 

Thanks for starting this thread.

I have a garden too. What do you grow in yours?

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I am re-watching the entirety of Star Trek: Voyager in bed. It is better than I remember.

The later seasons once the characters start to grow, but there are still some bizzare episodes that never should have been aired. Theresold is just bizzare for example.

26 minutes ago, lilacmess said:

Nothing, but herbs.:lol:

It's more like a little park with bushes, trees, a little hill and play stuff for the kids. Husband keeps it going.

Haha, I have a dedicated herb garden myself! Currently Im growing some basil and anise in my indoor garden because its winter here. Id be really bored without my indoor garden! When it warms up at least I can sit out back. This sucks!! :lol:

That sounds like a great quarantine oasis for the kiddos.

25 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Except your ones indoors and involves UV lights and plugging into the national grid :lol:

Haha, Are you indoor-gardener-shaming me? :lol: Its the way of the future, you'll see :P

Im not currently growing the crops that I use UV lights on :slash::ph34r:.  Just kale and those herbs I mentioned above. About to experiment with a solar lighting rig too!

7 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

The later seasons once the characters start to grow, but there are still some bizzare episodes that never should have been aired. Theresold is just bizzare for example.

They concentrated a lot on Neelix and Kes in the early episodes and the Kazon were ''poor man's Klingons'' really. The show perked-up when they ditched the Kazon and brought in Seven of Nine and the Borg, Species 8472 and others. They sort of created this tug of war between Janeway and Seven which was an excellent direction. Throughout however The Doctor is the heart of the show, and he forms this bond with Seven when she arrives so it isn't as if he was ever eclipsed by Seven's arrival. Even in the early seasons you still get these poignant stand alone Doctor episodes such as ''Lifesigns'' and ''Real Life''. The Doctor was what Data was for TNG. I have noticed the budget got ratcheted-up about season four also. It surprised me how cheap certain episodes seasons 1-3 look. 

''Threshold'' is truly one of the worst episodes of Trek, up there with ''Spock's Brain'' and ''Angel One'', and is utterly hilarious. Just watched an absolute stinker of a season five episode involving Chakotay as a boxer - I hate Chakotay episodes, mystic Indian bollocks. 

15 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

They concentrated a lot on Neelix and Kes in the early episodes and the Kazon were ''poor man's Klingons'' really. The show perked-up when they ditched the Kazon and brought in Seven of Nine and the Borg, Species 8472 and others. They sort of created this tug of war between Janeway and Seven which was an excellent direction. Throughout however The Doctor is the heart of the show, and he forms this bond with Seven when she arrives so it isn't as if he was ever eclipsed by Seven's arrival. Even in the early seasons you still get these poignant stand alone Doctor episodes such as ''Lifesigns'' and ''Real Life''. The Doctor was what Data was for TNG. I have noticed the budget got ratcheted-up about season four also. It surprised me how cheap certain episodes seasons 1-3 look. 

''Threshold'' is truly one of the worst episodes of Trek, up there with ''Spock's Brain'' and ''Angel One'', and is utterly hilarious. Just watched an absolute stinker of a season five episode involving Chakotay as a boxer - I hate Chakotay episodes, mystic Indian bollocks. 

Chakotay as I recall ends up moved to a side character who doesn't have much to do in the later seasons.

Seven gets introduced as sex appeal by the show runners, but her character really grows towards the end.

I'm sure you've seen it, but Move Along Home an early ds9 episode is worse than all those imo. 

Robert Picardo? who played the emh is to be in Picard season 2. 

Edited by AtariLegend

My husband doesn't have Coronavirus, however he has the worst cough and cold, so is self-isolating. I'm on my third day of solo parenting and am utterly bored. 

I've already been to the cinema, made crafts, done Play-Doh, McDonalds, tried to get her to ride her bike, read books, been to the park, and relied on Cbeebies way too much. I'm all out of parenting skills. I just want a few hours to read a book with a cup of tea when I'm not already exhausted. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

My husband doesn't have Coronavirus, however he has the worst cough and cold, so is self-isolating. I'm on my third day of solo parenting and am utterly bored. 

I've already been to the cinema, made crafts, done Play-Doh, McDonalds, tried to get her to ride her bike, read books, been to the park, and relied on Cbeebies way too much. I'm all out of parenting skills. I just want a few hours to read a book with a cup of tea when I'm not already exhausted. 

Sounds rough. At least mine sleep most of the weekend now. Failing that I can bung them a few xbox points and go hide. :lol:

• Haha 1