COVID-19: Quarantine Self Help Group

lilacmess

22 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Complete corona-avoidance is a worthwhile pursuit from my experience. News, media, celebrity videos, statistics, Chris bloody Whitty - avoid it all and do something productive. 

My friend Angi is a Nurse Practitioner in Leeds and said Chris Whitty should be disregarded on aesthetic terms alone. :lol:  

6 minutes ago, Dazey said:

My friend Angi is a Nurse Practitioner in Leeds and said Chris Whitty should be disregarded on aesthetic terms alone. :lol:  

People who do science degrees/phds are not as good looking as people who do history. The looks determine the intellectual pursuit. 

15 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

People who do science degrees/phds are not as good looking as people who do history. The looks determine the intellectual pursuit. 

Phhhhwwoooaaaaarrrr!!!!! I always wondered what would happen if somebody hit Ann Widdecombe in the face with a shovel! :lol:

Podcast-Mary-Beard-Web-large-e694f10.jpg

Edited by Dazey

3 hours ago, action said:

I think in a couple of years time I'll look back at this and wonder why I didn't enjoy these care free days more.

I have to admit I kind of do enjoy them.:lol:

I've become a really good cook. I enjoy hanging with the kids. And for the first time I truely appreciate our spacious outdoor living area.

I even enjoy homeoffice and teleconferences. I'm just lucky I don't have loads to accomplish right now.

Edited by lilacmess
  • Like 1

I think my family are acquiring the reputation of an ''evil non-clapper'' haha. Just heard a load of noise interrupting my film and looked out the window and saw all the street out clapping, and clanking pots and pans. There will be some curtain twitchy tut-tutting no doubt.

I am managing this lockdown thing better than some chums I know because I have always been a massive reader, and have sort of used long-distance running as a bit of an outlet. You need hobbies. So once I saw my cricket was ballsed up, other hobbies got greater emphasise. I know chaps who don't read and whose whole life is orientated around sport and boozing! They are up shit creek without a paddle right now.

35 minutes ago, action said:

I've had a kid's party with my son. dug out some very cheesy party cd's with euro dance from the mid 90s, and we had a blast. I even found myself and my rusty, plank-body doing some moves while my son was doing some funky elvis shaking. 

Nice! Sounds like a great time.

14 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I am managing this lockdown thing better than some chums I know because I have always been a massive reader, and have sort of used long-distance running as a bit of an outlet. You need hobbies. So once I saw my cricket was ballsed up, other hobbies got greater emphasise. I know chaps who don't read and whose whole life is orientated around sport and boozing! They are up shit creek without a paddle right now.

Much to my own surprise I've taken up vanity and materialism as a new hobby.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

There are others still, like this lad I know whoose a doorman, who don’t even like sports and even boozing, don’t watch telly, hes just...a bit of a fuckin’ wrong ‘un, dodgy deals and kicking the fuck out of clubgoers on the door, he text me the other day like, totally lost.

23 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

There are others still, like this lad I know whoose a doorman, who don’t even like sports and even boozing, don’t watch telly, hes just...a bit of a fuckin’ wrong ‘un, dodgy deals and kicking the fuck out of clubgoers on the door, he text me the other day like, totally lost.

I'm sorry for that, Len, I meant to text @SoulMonster

On 4/30/2020 at 11:09 PM, Len Cnut said:

You know a lot of dodgy geezers, don't you, drug-dealers? I was going to contact you to see if any of them can get me some flour on the black market? Plain and self-raising. Thank you in advance.

46 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You know a lot of dodgy geezers, don't you, drug-dealers? I was going to contact you to see if any of them can get me some flour on the black market? Plain and self-raising. Thank you in advance.

Well, what do you think? He's a fucking realtor's assistant or something. It's not like he'd be spending company with anyone savoury. He's hanging with plumbers, drug dealers, pimps and electricians.

48 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'd wager a lot of people on here know a dealer or two, otherwise how to they get all this weed they smoke?  Thats not mentioning the charlie etc etc. 

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Well, what do you think? He's a fucking realtor's assistant or something. It's not like he'd be spending company with anyone savoury. He's hanging with plumbers, drug dealers, pimps and electricians.

You meet all manner of cunts working in the property game.  Like LITERALLY everybody.  Cuz everyone needs a roof over their head, don't they?  In my tenure at this job I've met one of everybody, the weird and the wacky, some of them are hilairious.  One bloke who I happened upon through these on-going trials for my daily bread that I call work I later saw in the newspaper.  He got done for shagging a horse :lol:  I told you, one of everything man  :lol:  The human race is a beautiful thing, if you can imagine it, it's probably out there, being done.

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I'd wager a lot of people on here know a dealer or two, otherwise how to they get all this weed they smoke?  Thats not mentioning the charlie etc etc. 

You meet all manner of cunts working in the property game.  Like LITERALLY everybody.  Cuz everyone needs a roof over their head, don't they?  In my tenure at this job I've met one of everybody, the weird and the wacky, some of them are hilairious.  One bloke who I happened upon through these on-going trials for my daily bread that I call work I later saw in the newspaper.  He got done for shagging a horse :lol:  I told you, one of everything man  :lol:  The human race is a beautiful thing, if you can imagine it, it's probably out there, being done.

I work in social housing we commission lots of supported housing, hostels and rough sleepers schemes. You know heroin users if they inject into the same site they get abscesses and stuff and they can become like a gaping wound. I've met a rough sleeper who fucked that wound in someone's leg. And also met the woman whose leg it was.

• Haha 2