COVID-19: Quarantine Self Help Group

lilacmess

37 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

I work in social housing we commission lots of supported housing, hostels and rough sleepers schemes. You know heroin users if they inject into the same site they get abscesses and stuff and they can become like a gaping wound. I've met a rough sleeper who fucked that wound in someone's leg. And also met the woman whose leg it was.

How'd that conversation go? :lol:  

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

How'd that conversation go? :lol:  

It was on a risk assessment from the community mental health team who referred to us. When I was sat with him I kept thinking you've fucked someone's leg you mad bastard.

The fuckee was well known to us. 

Here's what I've noticed prolonged lockdown has done to me,

1- Finding meaning and pride in the smallest things. 

My drain was clogged so I flushed it out with baking soda and vinegar. This was far too satisfying of an "accomplishment."

2- Involving myself in home decor

I guess that while I was doing some spring cleaning that I ended up making a 'table scape.' I put some vintage books, fancy old bottles, a funky cookie jar and some various homegrown grains in display jars on an antique, wooden coffee table. Like for decoration.... Wtf?? :lol:

• Haha 1

People are making too much of it really. All you have to do during these lockdowns is sit on your arse and read books for a few months. That is all! It is hardly the Blitz, that is unless the Blitz included wi-fi, online deliveries, Netflix and shopping aisle hysteria. There isn't any Heinkels dropping bombs on your head so you have that to be thankful for.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

People are making too much of it really. All you have to do during these lockdowns is sit on your arse and read books for a few months. That is all! It is hardly the Blitz, that is unless the Blitz included wi-fi, online deliveries, Netflix and shopping aisle hysteria. There isn't any Heinkels dropping bombs on your head so you have that to be thankful for.

no, it's not the Blitz, there are many things that are much worse in comparison but for the type of person who naturally needs more company and is more outdoorsy it's not as easy as it might be for you. It resembles a prison for them I would imagine. Every person views different conditions in life as more challenging.

9 weeks now. I am bored now. My state has opened, but opened what? Restaurants for eating in.  Some malls.  Count me out for thst. I want my nails done. I filed my unemployment.  I filed my taxes on line and I owe and I am not paying. Fukc that shyt. No. Not gonna file this year was my intent but filing on line  means I filed. I may have done something wrong so I might send off my papers to an HR Block.  Cooking, cleaning. I am finished with going to the supermarket. Just waiting. I wish the gym was open. And the nail shop.  I was weighing it out the first 5 weeks, positive, prayerful ok. Now, time to move on with precautions. Limbo feeling

• 4 months later...
On 9/10/2020 at 1:05 PM, soon said:

Since I get to live in a covid "hot spot" I ordered a laundry service. But I was to embarrassed to send of much of my stinking, dirty 'pandemic at home' clothing! :facepalm::lol:

I'd be embarrassed too! :P Never heard of that service

I got me a new desk for my "office", assembled it happily, rearranged furniture and got my painting supplies in order again -Look out Bob Ross!! :headbang:

I feel im on opposite compared to everyone else in my area - I worked during our shutdown and had a nice time driving to and from work without all the traffic since everyone was stuck at home. Now im at home alot while our state has opened up and everyone is out and about again! but I've been ok since im a homebody anyways :shrugs:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Destiny said:

I'd be embarrassed too! :P Never heard of that service

I got me a new desk for my "office", assembled it happily, rearranged furniture and got my painting supplies in order again -Look out Bob Ross!! :headbang:

I feel im on opposite compared to everyone else in my area - I worked during our shutdown and had a nice time driving to and from work without all the traffic since everyone was stuck at home. Now im at home alot while our state has opened up and everyone is out and about again! but I've been ok since im a homebody anyways :shrugs:

Yeah, I just tossed some clothes instead of sending them :facepalm::lol:. The service I use is kinda neat, its a social enterprise co-op laundry service. People needing job experience for resumes work washing & folding laundry, and doing the pick ups and delivery. 

Oh you paint? Cool! I took a try at painting but I couldnt get the hang of it. Bob Ross is pure pandemic goodness. Y'know I swear I just heard someone mention that he used to be a drill seargent in the army?? Or did I dream that? And they claimed thats why he likes to be so quiet now. No idea if true, lol.

Im a homebody too. But gosh, those times out and about really make a world of differnece to me. Just a half hour walk to keep me balanced during lockdown.

What do you like to paint?

On 9/17/2020 at 9:31 AM, soon said:

Yeah, I just tossed some clothes instead of sending them :facepalm::lol:. The service I use is kinda neat, its a social enterprise co-op laundry service. People needing job experience for resumes work washing & folding laundry, and doing the pick ups and delivery. 

Oh you paint? Cool! I took a try at painting but I couldnt get the hang of it. Bob Ross is pure pandemic goodness. Y'know I swear I just heard someone mention that he used to be a drill seargent in the army?? Or did I dream that? And they claimed thats why he likes to be so quiet now. No idea if true, lol.

Im a homebody too. But gosh, those times out and about really make a world of differnece to me. Just a half hour walk to keep me balanced during lockdown.

What do you like to paint?

That's interesting and would definitely give one job experience and probably some nightmares I'd imagine! :lol:

He was a drill sergeant! Although I believe it was Air Force. He was quite the looker back in his days too, a far cry from the afro (which by the way he only did because he was too poor for haircuts. He wanted to get rid of it but by then he was too well known by people because of his fro!)

I go for walks too but its at night. I take (my) dog for 1 mile then circle back drop her off and go for a quick run to help counteract all my sitting. As for painting, I haven't done one since May! I told myself I was going to take a short "break" and yet almost 4 months later....:shrugs:

I had a crazy idea last year to paint ALL of his paintings he did on his show The Joy of Painting. From Season1 episode 1 all the way to the end. I finished season 3 and have all my paintings documented on an Instagram if you wanna take a gander. I get spurts of energy to dive in again but its been laziness holding me back <_<

• GNFNR 1

On 9/23/2020 at 5:54 AM, Destiny said:

That's interesting and would definitely give one job experience and probably some nightmares I'd imagine! :lol:

He was a drill sergeant! Although I believe it was Air Force. He was quite the looker back in his days too, a far cry from the afro (which by the way he only did because he was too poor for haircuts. He wanted to get rid of it but by then he was too well known by people because of his fro!)

I go for walks too but its at night. I take (my) dog for 1 mile then circle back drop her off and go for a quick run to help counteract all my sitting. As for painting, I haven't done one since May! I told myself I was going to take a short "break" and yet almost 4 months later....:shrugs:

I had a crazy idea last year to paint ALL of his paintings he did on his show The Joy of Painting. From Season1 episode 1 all the way to the end. I finished season 3 and have all my paintings documented on an Instagram if you wanna take a gander. I get spurts of energy to dive in again but its been laziness holding me back <_<

I imagine those laundry folks have come across some unspeakable things! :lol:

I love that he was a drill sergeant! And the hair?! Very cool. This is promising news for those of us with our pandemic hairdos lol

I love a walk at night, hadnt taken one for a while until the pandemic. Whats your dogs name? I started doing streches at home too and sometimes I wear a posture correcter with all this increased sitting. I think I can relate about your pause in painting. We are in second wave here so Im, personally, back to lockdown. And all the stuff I was busy with and excited about last lockdown is just not as tempting currently. Oh well. When the time is right. The capitalist, consumerist model we live in compels us to always be producing or consuming. But we are allowed to just be, just exist. Just breathe.

Im so lazy that even though Ive recently been inspired to start a new multi media project, I havent done anything resembling work on it yet.

You should do one more season! Id love to take a look at them, whats your handle?

On 9/25/2020 at 6:04 AM, soon said:

I imagine those laundry folks have come across some unspeakable things! :lol:

I love that he was a drill sergeant! And the hair?! Very cool. This is promising news for those of us with our pandemic hairdos lol

I love a walk at night, hadnt taken one for a while until the pandemic. Whats your dogs name? I started doing streches at home too and sometimes I wear a posture correcter with all this increased sitting. I think I can relate about your pause in painting. We are in second wave here so Im, personally, back to lockdown. And all the stuff I was busy with and excited about last lockdown is just not as tempting currently. Oh well. When the time is right. The capitalist, consumerist model we live in compels us to always be producing or consuming. But we are allowed to just be, just exist. Just breathe.

Im so lazy that even though Ive recently been inspired to start a new multi media project, I havent done anything resembling work on it yet.

You should do one more season! Id love to take a look at them, whats your handle?

@steph.med.115  I thinks that's how you type it out....:shrugs:

Second lockdown?!?!?

• Thanks 1

On 9/28/2020 at 6:15 AM, Destiny said:

@steph.med.115  I thinks that's how you type it out....:shrugs:

Second lockdown?!?!?

These are really good! Wow, Im impressed :headbang:The depth and colours look full on pro!

Youve done Bob proud, Im sure. I would have thought they were his originals. Will be cool when you feel like doing more!

Not the whole city on second lockdown, just all the vulnerable/at risk people like myself. But if we say "Quarantine or self-isolation" people tend to think we are infected or have been exposed. So my dr calls it lockdown.

My city is one of the worst in country. And our Province is officially in second wave. The other day we had 89 of the 700 provincial cases. Leaders are warning us that this wave will be worse than the first.

It sucks! First lockdown was months on end and it wasnt even so bad. Everyone was on lock down here and around the world. But now its just so lonely and boring. Everyone else is busy living their lives.

Need to figure out my project but nothing is appealing. Browsing your paintings was nice though, thanks!!

19 hours ago, soon said:

These are really good! Wow, Im impressed :headbang:The depth and colours look full on pro!

Youve done Bob proud, Im sure. I would have thought they were his originals. Will be cool when you feel like doing more!

Not the whole city on second lockdown, just all the vulnerable/at risk people like myself. But if we say "Quarantine or self-isolation" people tend to think we are infected or have been exposed. So my dr calls it lockdown.

My city is one of the worst in country. And our Province is officially in second wave. The other day we had 89 of the 700 provincial cases. Leaders are warning us that this wave will be worse than the first.

It sucks! First lockdown was months on end and it wasnt even so bad. Everyone was on lock down here and around the world. But now its just so lonely and boring. Everyone else is busy living their lives.

Need to figure out my project but nothing is appealing. Browsing your paintings was nice though, thanks!!

Thanks! B-) Painting is the easy part, but uploading the pictures, cropping, writing out a description and adjusting the lighting in the pictures is the worst!!!

Here in Texas there was talk of having restaurants be at 75% capacity, but I haven't followed up with when or if its still in the talks. I recently went out for drinks and got outdoor seating so it was good and the humidity and heat have finally subsided. The only irk is alot of places that were 24 hours have still not gone back to those hours.

The cases are still around but the deaths are not high which for me is a good thing and she be focused on more. You're in England right?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Destiny said:

Thanks! B-) Painting is the easy part, but uploading the pictures, cropping, writing out a description and adjusting the lighting in the pictures is the worst!!!

Here in Texas there was talk of having restaurants be at 75% capacity, but I haven't followed up with when or if its still in the talks. I recently went out for drinks and got outdoor seating so it was good and the humidity and heat have finally subsided. The only irk is alot of places that were 24 hours have still not gone back to those hours.

The cases are still around but the deaths are not high which for me is a good thing and she be focused on more. You're in England right?

Painting like that is the easy part, eh? I can imagine the lighting being a nightmare sometimes! Thats actually something that struck me as I looked at some of your works - how vibrant they are. I sometimes try and take pics of my cut & paste, and paper making art. 'Cant get the lighting' is my excuse for never sharing them, lol

Glad you could get to the patio. I made it out once just before the numbers got bad again. Felt like a dream come true. I anticipate we'll see further restrictions added. You are a night owl - wanting the 24 hours shops? Or you mentioned earlier its best to be out at night because there are less people?

Im in Canada, In Ontario the province with the Raptors NBA team and the Maple Leafs NHL team. The country as whole is doing well with the pandemic. But where I live is considered a 'hot spot' and our region was in second wave even before the whole Province surged. The neighboring province which is super close had to have the military takeover their nursing homes. So Im in the thick of it. Good point about focousing on the survival rates.

am I the only one feeling a bit depressed by the long dark evenings in combination with reports of rising numbers? :(

I try to keep the spirits up, but hot damn. Seems all the fun is seeping away from life. 

I'm by no means the most outgoing person, but a trip to the media stores, an evening at the restaurant, a midday at the cinema.... I never knew I'd see the day where I said I miss that stuff.

1 minute ago, action said:

if we're lucky, a weekend to our apartment at sea. holidays are out of the question for us. but we weren't the travelers to begin with

The reason I ask is I am sort of stuck in limbo land regarding a holiday to Krakow I had booked. Wondered what everyone else is doing? There are big travelers on here like Evan, Soul and Dazey.