COVID-19: Quarantine Self Help Group

I've had a kid's party with my son. dug out some very cheesy party cd's with euro dance from the mid 90s, and we had a blast. I even found myself and my rusty, plank-body doing some moves while my son was doing some funky elvis shaking. 

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Every Friday for about the past 7 years, I've had people over to my house to spin records.  Given what's been going on, we're unable to do that currently. Starting last Friday, I've been going on

PROS to being in quarantine: I recorded six new song demos tonight. I’m thinking of splitting my planned album up into two EP’s (each EP would be centered around a different loose “concept,” so t

I work with a Trekkie. His wife looks mad and he microwaves fish at work. 

I am managing this lockdown thing better than some chums I know because I have always been a massive reader, and have sort of used long-distance running as a bit of an outlet. You need hobbies. So once I saw my cricket was ballsed up, other hobbies got greater emphasise. I know chaps who don't read and whose whole life is orientated around sport and boozing! They are up shit creek without a paddle right now.

35 minutes ago, action said:

I've had a kid's party with my son. dug out some very cheesy party cd's with euro dance from the mid 90s, and we had a blast. I even found myself and my rusty, plank-body doing some moves while my son was doing some funky elvis shaking. 

Nice! Sounds like a great time.

14 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I am managing this lockdown thing better than some chums I know because I have always been a massive reader, and have sort of used long-distance running as a bit of an outlet. You need hobbies. So once I saw my cricket was ballsed up, other hobbies got greater emphasise. I know chaps who don't read and whose whole life is orientated around sport and boozing! They are up shit creek without a paddle right now.

Much to my own surprise I've taken up vanity and materialism as a new hobby.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

There are others still, like this lad I know whoose a doorman, who don’t even like sports and even boozing, don’t watch telly, hes just...a bit of a fuckin’ wrong ‘un, dodgy deals and kicking the fuck out of clubgoers on the door, he text me the other day like, totally lost.

23 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

There are others still, like this lad I know whoose a doorman, who don’t even like sports and even boozing, don’t watch telly, hes just...a bit of a fuckin’ wrong ‘un, dodgy deals and kicking the fuck out of clubgoers on the door, he text me the other day like, totally lost.

I'm sorry for that, Len, I meant to text @SoulMonster

On 4/30/2020 at 11:09 PM, Len Cnut said:

You know a lot of dodgy geezers, don't you, drug-dealers? I was going to contact you to see if any of them can get me some flour on the black market? Plain and self-raising. Thank you in advance.

46 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You know a lot of dodgy geezers, don't you, drug-dealers? I was going to contact you to see if any of them can get me some flour on the black market? Plain and self-raising. Thank you in advance.

Well, what do you think? He's a fucking realtor's assistant or something. It's not like he'd be spending company with anyone savoury. He's hanging with plumbers, drug dealers, pimps and electricians.

48 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'd wager a lot of people on here know a dealer or two, otherwise how to they get all this weed they smoke?  Thats not mentioning the charlie etc etc. 

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Well, what do you think? He's a fucking realtor's assistant or something. It's not like he'd be spending company with anyone savoury. He's hanging with plumbers, drug dealers, pimps and electricians.

You meet all manner of cunts working in the property game.  Like LITERALLY everybody.  Cuz everyone needs a roof over their head, don't they?  In my tenure at this job I've met one of everybody, the weird and the wacky, some of them are hilairious.  One bloke who I happened upon through these on-going trials for my daily bread that I call work I later saw in the newspaper.  He got done for shagging a horse :lol:  I told you, one of everything man  :lol:  The human race is a beautiful thing, if you can imagine it, it's probably out there, being done.

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I'd wager a lot of people on here know a dealer or two, otherwise how to they get all this weed they smoke?  Thats not mentioning the charlie etc etc. 

You meet all manner of cunts working in the property game.  Like LITERALLY everybody.  Cuz everyone needs a roof over their head, don't they?  In my tenure at this job I've met one of everybody, the weird and the wacky, some of them are hilairious.  One bloke who I happened upon through these on-going trials for my daily bread that I call work I later saw in the newspaper.  He got done for shagging a horse :lol:  I told you, one of everything man  :lol:  The human race is a beautiful thing, if you can imagine it, it's probably out there, being done.

I work in social housing we commission lots of supported housing, hostels and rough sleepers schemes. You know heroin users if they inject into the same site they get abscesses and stuff and they can become like a gaping wound. I've met a rough sleeper who fucked that wound in someone's leg. And also met the woman whose leg it was.

• Haha 2
37 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

I work in social housing we commission lots of supported housing, hostels and rough sleepers schemes. You know heroin users if they inject into the same site they get abscesses and stuff and they can become like a gaping wound. I've met a rough sleeper who fucked that wound in someone's leg. And also met the woman whose leg it was.

How'd that conversation go? :lol:  

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

How'd that conversation go? :lol:  

It was on a risk assessment from the community mental health team who referred to us. When I was sat with him I kept thinking you've fucked someone's leg you mad bastard.

The fuckee was well known to us. 

6 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

Its a real conversation stopper 😂

See for me it would have been the exact opposite. :lol: 

Here's what I've noticed prolonged lockdown has done to me,

1- Finding meaning and pride in the smallest things. 

My drain was clogged so I flushed it out with baking soda and vinegar. This was far too satisfying of an "accomplishment."

2- Involving myself in home decor

I guess that while I was doing some spring cleaning that I ended up making a 'table scape.' I put some vintage books, fancy old bottles, a funky cookie jar and some various homegrown grains in display jars on an antique, wooden coffee table. Like for decoration.... Wtf?? :lol:

• Haha 1

People are making too much of it really. All you have to do during these lockdowns is sit on your arse and read books for a few months. That is all! It is hardly the Blitz, that is unless the Blitz included wi-fi, online deliveries, Netflix and shopping aisle hysteria. There isn't any Heinkels dropping bombs on your head so you have that to be thankful for.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

People are making too much of it really. All you have to do during these lockdowns is sit on your arse and read books for a few months. That is all! It is hardly the Blitz, that is unless the Blitz included wi-fi, online deliveries, Netflix and shopping aisle hysteria. There isn't any Heinkels dropping bombs on your head so you have that to be thankful for.

no, it's not the Blitz, there are many things that are much worse in comparison but for the type of person who naturally needs more company and is more outdoorsy it's not as easy as it might be for you. It resembles a prison for them I would imagine. Every person views different conditions in life as more challenging.

9 weeks now. I am bored now. My state has opened, but opened what? Restaurants for eating in.  Some malls.  Count me out for thst. I want my nails done. I filed my unemployment.  I filed my taxes on line and I owe and I am not paying. Fukc that shyt. No. Not gonna file this year was my intent but filing on line  means I filed. I may have done something wrong so I might send off my papers to an HR Block.  Cooking, cleaning. I am finished with going to the supermarket. Just waiting. I wish the gym was open. And the nail shop.  I was weighing it out the first 5 weeks, positive, prayerful ok. Now, time to move on with precautions. Limbo feeling

• 4 months later...
On 9/10/2020 at 1:05 PM, soon said:

Since I get to live in a covid "hot spot" I ordered a laundry service. But I was to embarrassed to send of much of my stinking, dirty 'pandemic at home' clothing! :facepalm::lol:

I'd be embarrassed too! :P Never heard of that service

I got me a new desk for my "office", assembled it happily, rearranged furniture and got my painting supplies in order again -Look out Bob Ross!! :headbang:

I feel im on opposite compared to everyone else in my area - I worked during our shutdown and had a nice time driving to and from work without all the traffic since everyone was stuck at home. Now im at home alot while our state has opened up and everyone is out and about again! but I've been ok since im a homebody anyways :shrugs:

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Destiny said:

I'd be embarrassed too! :P Never heard of that service

I got me a new desk for my "office", assembled it happily, rearranged furniture and got my painting supplies in order again -Look out Bob Ross!! :headbang:

I feel im on opposite compared to everyone else in my area - I worked during our shutdown and had a nice time driving to and from work without all the traffic since everyone was stuck at home. Now im at home alot while our state has opened up and everyone is out and about again! but I've been ok since im a homebody anyways :shrugs:

Yeah, I just tossed some clothes instead of sending them :facepalm::lol:. The service I use is kinda neat, its a social enterprise co-op laundry service. People needing job experience for resumes work washing & folding laundry, and doing the pick ups and delivery. 

Oh you paint? Cool! I took a try at painting but I couldnt get the hang of it. Bob Ross is pure pandemic goodness. Y'know I swear I just heard someone mention that he used to be a drill seargent in the army?? Or did I dream that? And they claimed thats why he likes to be so quiet now. No idea if true, lol.

Im a homebody too. But gosh, those times out and about really make a world of differnece to me. Just a half hour walk to keep me balanced during lockdown.

What do you like to paint?

On 9/17/2020 at 9:31 AM, soon said:

Yeah, I just tossed some clothes instead of sending them :facepalm::lol:. The service I use is kinda neat, its a social enterprise co-op laundry service. People needing job experience for resumes work washing & folding laundry, and doing the pick ups and delivery. 

Oh you paint? Cool! I took a try at painting but I couldnt get the hang of it. Bob Ross is pure pandemic goodness. Y'know I swear I just heard someone mention that he used to be a drill seargent in the army?? Or did I dream that? And they claimed thats why he likes to be so quiet now. No idea if true, lol.

Im a homebody too. But gosh, those times out and about really make a world of differnece to me. Just a half hour walk to keep me balanced during lockdown.

What do you like to paint?

That's interesting and would definitely give one job experience and probably some nightmares I'd imagine! :lol:

He was a drill sergeant! Although I believe it was Air Force. He was quite the looker back in his days too, a far cry from the afro (which by the way he only did because he was too poor for haircuts. He wanted to get rid of it but by then he was too well known by people because of his fro!)

I go for walks too but its at night. I take (my) dog for 1 mile then circle back drop her off and go for a quick run to help counteract all my sitting. As for painting, I haven't done one since May! I told myself I was going to take a short "break" and yet almost 4 months later....:shrugs:

I had a crazy idea last year to paint ALL of his paintings he did on his show The Joy of Painting. From Season1 episode 1 all the way to the end. I finished season 3 and have all my paintings documented on an Instagram if you wanna take a gander. I get spurts of energy to dive in again but its been laziness holding me back <_<

• GNFNR 1