COVID-19: Quarantine Self Help Group

lilacmess

28 minutes ago, Dangelus said:

Marathoning Voyager when DS9 is by FAR the best and most bingeable Star Trek! You’re all doing Star Trek quarantine wrong!

As long as all Star Trek fans are in quarantine does it really matter what they're watching? :lol:  

Edited by Dazey
  • Haha 4

Enterprise is the one I'd skip if I had too.

Enterprise's greatest crime apart from being a lazy prequel is that most if it was boring imo.

So bad that they never pay off the main arc about future Archer being the mystery villian and instead made a new mini episode of tng with Riker and Troi to end the show.

When I briefly considered trying out Star Trek, I went to watch a trailer for Voyager. A top hit was a YT vid titled "Star Trek Voyager - So Sexy." :lol: Its a compilation of the series steamiest scenes with a song called Candy Coated Sugar Sex :lol:

I wish so bad that I could post it, but its essentially a music video. Fans of the Trek are fucking weird - but that vid is a must watch! :lol:

Imma stick with The Wars.

Edited by soon

23 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I work with a Trekkie. His wife looks mad and he microwaves fish at work. 

reminds me of that guy at work that used the microwave to "defrost" a solid frozen lasagna. After 20 mins of defrosting it was still solid to the core, a brick of ice, and he went "this microwave is broken or something, fuck this shit" so he threw it in the garbage, eating crackers for the rest of the day

I believe, he was into electronic music.

Edited by action
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, action said:

one side aspect of the quarantaine: this isn't good for my figure. All that rice and pasta doesn't get you any thinner.

THIS.

I'm on stage in just under 2 weeks (assuming we don't have to cancel the show), I can do without any extra chub :facepalm:

Any suggestions for good home workouts?  For cardio/laughs I like this youtube channel :lol: 

Edited by Axls Rocket Queen

14 minutes ago, Axls Rocket Queen said:

THIS.

I'm on stage in just under 2 weeks (assuming we don't have to cancel the show), I can do without any extra chub :facepalm:

Any suggestions for good home workouts?  For cardio/laughs I like this youtube channel :lol: 

So I went into see the boss this morning to ask about working from home. He said go ahead if you want to so I’m now in the local Spoons having a nice cold pint of Wife Beater. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dazey said:

So I went into see the boss this morning to ask about working from home. He said go ahead if you want to so I’m now in the local Spoons having a nice cold pint of Wife Beater. :lol: 

one pint only? but think about the economy. as compensation, you should double your output today, two pints minimum then we're talking again. 

• Haha 1

I find elvis to be incredibly uplifting in these times. the 50s were a period of peace and new opportunities. A second chance for mankind. Obviously, we blew that chance but at that time everything was still possible. Elvis is pretty much background music all day long. it drives my wife nuts.

Homelife is challenging on my appearance. My hair was due for a cut long before covid-19 closed all our the hairdressers. And since I am not going out anywhere anymore and actually meet people, I see no need to shape it into any recognizable form. It has been released and reverted into a wild thing. It now takes the shape of a glorious golden afro. I only shave when the protests are too unbearable, which is about every week (coinciding with my weekly shower). And I got a pimple on my nose that is too deep to do anything about but has turned my whole nose shining red. Glistening red. I also wear sports clothes now because I can't be bothered getting into anything else and because it would quite frankly look too weird underneath my head. I am basically indistinguishable from any hobo you'd find taking shelter under a bridge, except I got a red nose.

• Haha 1