Dizzy Reed continues to release more music than Axl

Gordon Comstock

HOOKERS & BLOW, the project formed by longtime GUNS N' ROSES keyboardist Dizzy Reed and QUIET RIOT guitarist Alex Grossi, has been hitting the studio to record a covers album, due later this year via Golden Robot Records.

Today sees the arrival of the LP's first single, an inspired cover of the Eddie Money classic "Shakin'". HOOKERS & BLOW delivers the track with all the soul, honesty and depth of the original but in its own fashion, dripping with immaculate musicianship and flawless vocals.

Says Grossi: "We are all huge Eddie Money fans, and actually got to know him personally over the years. He was an amazing talent and an equally amazing and hysterically funny person who touched so many people. He always got a kick out of this project whenever I mentioned it to him, so this being the first release off the record seemed like a perfect tribute to him. Rest in peace, Eddie."

Grossi continues: "We have actually found the perfect record label in Golden Robot Records — they actually get 'it' as far as what HOOKERS & BLOW is all about, so we are tracking an album of some of our favorite tunes, with some of our favorite people and just having fun with it. We can't wait to share some of what we have planned for this thing."

HOOKERS & BLOW's album is being produced by Alistair James, who recently worked with Joe Perry, Alice Cooper and Johnny Depp on the latest HOLLYWOOD VAMPIRES disc.

"Shakin'" recording lineup:

Dizzy Reed (GUNS N' ROSES) - Vocals/Keyboards
Alex Grossi (QUIET RIOT) - Guitars/Vocals
Johnny Kelly (TYPE O NEGATIVE, DANZIG) - Drums/Vocals
Nadja Reed - Vocals

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Completely different situations to be fair. 

Dizzy has no expectations of this having any major success, GNR and their label have expectations that they want to hit.

Now, it's beyond a joke that theres no new gnr material officially released, duh! But what can ya do! 

Dizzys record will come and go like a tumbleweed in an old western, a gnr record should be a loud Harley coming through a small town at 3am, vroom!! Fernando you may use my excellent marketing idea (for a small fee).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dont know why the band is waiting until the end of the year to have it done.

If GNR's tour dates for this year have all been postponed/cancelled then i dont see what elsze Dizzy is going to be doing with no tour schedule. Can see this played on radio if radio plays hookers and blow material and im sure some LA club dates but that would be it. Not the sort of release juggernaut im expecting GNR to do once something new is on the horizon. 

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

Dont know why the band is waiting until the end of the year to have it done.

If GNR's tour dates for this year have all been postponed/cancelled then i dont see what elsze Dizzy is going to be doing with no tour schedule. Can see this played on radio if radio plays hookers and blow material and im sure some LA club dates but that would be it. Not the sort of release juggernaut im expecting GNR to do once something new is on the horizon. 

See below

7 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Completely different situations to be fair. 

Dizzy has no expectations of this having any major success, GNR and their label have expectations that they want to hit.

Now, it's beyond a joke that theres no new gnr material officially released, duh! But what can ya do! 

Dizzys record will come and go like a tumbleweed in an old western, a gnr record should be a loud Harley coming through a small town at 3am, vroom!! Fernando you may use my excellent marketing idea (for a small fee).

8 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

HOOKERS & BLOW, the project formed by longtime GUNS N' ROSES keyboardist Dizzy Reed and QUIET RIOT guitarist Alex Grossi, has been hitting the studio to record a covers album, due later this year via Golden Robot Records.

Today sees the arrival of the LP's first single, an inspired cover of the Eddie Money classic "Shakin'". HOOKERS & BLOW delivers the track with all the soul, honesty and depth of the original but in its own fashion, dripping with immaculate musicianship and flawless vocals.

Says Grossi: "We are all huge Eddie Money fans, and actually got to know him personally over the years. He was an amazing talent and an equally amazing and hysterically funny person who touched so many people. He always got a kick out of this project whenever I mentioned it to him, so this being the first release off the record seemed like a perfect tribute to him. Rest in peace, Eddie."

Grossi continues: "We have actually found the perfect record label in Golden Robot Records — they actually get 'it' as far as what HOOKERS & BLOW is all about, so we are tracking an album of some of our favorite tunes, with some of our favorite people and just having fun with it. We can't wait to share some of what we have planned for this thing."

HOOKERS & BLOW's album is being produced by Alistair James, who recently worked with Joe Perry, Alice Cooper and Johnny Depp on the latest HOLLYWOOD VAMPIRES disc.

"Shakin'" recording lineup:

Dizzy Reed (GUNS N' ROSES) - Vocals/Keyboards
Alex Grossi (QUIET RIOT) - Guitars/Vocals
Johnny Kelly (TYPE O NEGATIVE, DANZIG) - Drums/Vocals
Nadja Reed - Vocals

That actually sounds pretty good! Looking forward to hearing the rest of the record.

• Like 1

Looky here.  It's thread #3476 from the entitled little millennial snowflakes of this board that believe they're owned something and that AXL and GN'R should be bound to do their bidding.

This topic and narcissistic attitude never gets old. :facepalm:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, thunderram said:

Looky here.  It's thread #3476 from the entitled little millennial snowflakes of this board that believe they're owned something and that AXL and GN'R should be bound to do their bidding.

Hope Axl sees this bro. He might take you on the 4889879764 leg of the NITL tour.

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, WhazUp said:

2020 and you still use "millennial snowflakes" as a genuine attempt to insult lmao come on :lol:

Nobody is saying they are owed anything - but if you think it isn't silly that a band that hints at new material as much as GNR has only netted 1 album of original material since when most of those "millennial snowflakes" were born, well needless to say I think that pretty much says it all

Yeah Millennial? Really 

I bet that guy still says 'Whassup' when he answers the phone! Oh dear I bet you do too 😉 

4 hours ago, thunderram said:

Oh, I'm SO entitled and oh so millennial. 

Did you get that insult from Trump, or are you just on the same low-level insult plateau? 

"Damn, those fans posting on a GNR album want a new GNR album after 12 years....they're really bad hombres. Bad dudes." 

4 minutes ago, Rovim said:

100% misguidedly entitled. It don't dictates actions. He don't work 4 u just cuz u think so

Haha! 

OK then, I DON'T want a new album after 12 years? That better for you? 

I hope that wrks 4 U cuz I fink it dos. Fam. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Haha! 

OK then, I DON'T want a new album after 12 years? That better for you? 

I hope that wrks 4 U cuz I fink it dos. Fam. 

Quality, not quantity. wait 4 Jesus faster, don't get in the way of cancerous top hats. Take a break.

7 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Millennials just don't understand

I don't think it's that. It's more that you seem to type in a combination of numbers, weird text speak, abbreviations and good ol'fashioned gibberish. 

3 minutes ago, WildStar said:

Dizzy doesn't wear a Top Hat

Take a break. Have a Kit Kat. 

8 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I don't think it's that. It's more that you seem to type in a combination of numbers, weird text speak, abbreviations and good ol'fashioned gibberish.

sorry, I was just mocking the poster who called you a millennial just because you want Axl to release more than 1 album in 29 years. That gibberish is mostly not mine, Axl said some silly shit that I thought everyone already knew by heart.

• Like 2