Dizzy Reed continues to release more music than Axl

Gordon Comstock

2 minutes ago, Rovim said:

sorry, I was just mocking the poster who called you a millennial just because you want Axl to release more than 1 album in 29 years. That gibberish is mostly not mine, Axl said some silly shit that I thought everyone already knew by heart.

Oh.....right! 

Sorry, it came across that you thought the same! Didn't pick up the irony! haha! 

I don't think there's too many 'millenials' in the fanbase these days so it's funny to be called one! 

16 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

a gnr record should be a loud Harley coming through a small town at 3am, vroom!! Fernando you may use my excellent marketing idea (for a small fee).

Chinese D came out like a mini bike running through times square at New years.  These guys know whats going to happen when it comes out.  They have one of the biggest albums of all time followed by UYI 1 & 2 epic release and success.  NOTHING they put out will ever be in that arena again.  The songs will be good, some will not like it.  At this point, with all the money and success, it would be nice just to give the fans something

6 hours ago, thunderram said:

Looky here.  It's thread #3476 from the entitled little millennial snowflakes of this board that believe they're owned something and that AXL and GN'R should be bound to do their bidding.

This topic and narcissistic attitude never gets old. :facepalm:

Ok boomer 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

We've always moved all of Dizzys side projects out of D&N as far as I remember. 

Really? I thought the side-projects were usually kept in the main discussion area, and Buckethead/Bumblefoot/etc. was in this section. All good though, I just didn't know I should've posted it here.

3 hours ago, fabrph5 said:

Chinese D came out like a mini bike running through times square at New years.  These guys know whats going to happen when it comes out.  They have one of the biggest albums of all time followed by UYI 1 & 2 epic release and success.  NOTHING they put out will ever be in that arena again.  The songs will be good, some will not like it.  At this point, with all the money and success, it would be nice just to give the fans something

Yeah, different times and a much more agreeable line up for people to get behind now compared to 2008. 

Also, Axl didn't really have the full support of the label, they just wanted to release the record and get it over with. Gnr in 2020 are far easier for a label to understand and market... they had no idea what to do with gnr in 2008, that album whether you like the material or not was completely mishandled during the release and while Axl deserves some blame, the label definitely shot the bed too. 

Finally, yeah no shit! Anyone here expecting people to queue up for hours waiting for the next album is smoking crack and a lot of it! They will NEVER get that reaction, but NO band gets that reaction. However, Metallica's hardwired album sold well (no 1 everywhere), they got a lot of attention and acclaim for it, meaning that with the right marketing strategy you can get mainstream attention and create buzz. It also helped that the album was very good.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2020 at 3:06 AM, thunderram said:

Looky here.  It's thread #3476 from the entitled little millennial snowflakes of this board that believe they're owned something and that AXL and GN'R should be bound to do their bidding.

This topic and narcissistic attitude never gets old. :facepalm:

Found the forum dum dum. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Damn thought there'd be actual discussion here about the single & upcoming album but I find shit talking Dizzy & a weird millennial argument? Whatever ...

I for one thought their cover of Shakin' was very good & I'm looking forward to the rest of the covers! Really into this band and am anxiously awaiting the follow up to R&R Aint Easy !!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dixzy- one of those people who fall into the Most Lucky People file in life. 1990 Axl liked him and wanted him. Game changer, life chsnger for him. From UYIs tour to RS cover with the band  to RRHofF inductee to NITL. A living and career for himself he otherwise would not have ever even come even close to by looking a picture.  Del,at least, did have a career he made for himself first, but he too falls in the Most Lucky People file.  I don't  like brown nosers or YES People, but YES I can totally understand  them singing Axl's praises....at least in public. They each owe Axl their lives.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...