Nugent chimes in on Guns playing Mexico in midst of virus

On 3/27/2020 at 11:22 AM, BadApples87 said:

Ted Nugent is the leader of backward ass redneck 'merica. Sadly there's alot of em here.

Just because you don't like a group of people or what they believe in you shouldn't be throwing insults like that.  You'd be the first to jump on a "redneck" for saying something about another group of people.  I've known many "rednecks" and all of them have been great people and none of them have been "backward ass" as you so nicely put it.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

11 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

Just because you don't like a group of people or what they believe in you shouldn't be throwing insults like that.  You'd be the first to jump on a "redneck" for saying something about another group of people.  I've known many "rednecks" and all of them have been great people and none of them have been "backward ass" as you so nicely put it.

I hate when people hide behind this kind of touchy-feely bullshit. He’s a bigot.

remember when he called a Hispanic man a “beanochimp” or when he called prez Obama a “subhuman mongrel?” Or how about that time he said that apartheid wasn’t “so cut and dry” because “all humans aren’t created equally?”

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.thetrace.org/2016/03/ted-nugent-racist-comments-nra/amp/

https://www.salon.com/2014/03/26/ted_nugent_defends_south_african_apartheid_and_using_the_n_word_in_newly_resurfaced_interview/

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

3 hours ago, soon said:

I hate when people hide behind this kind of touchy-feely bullshit. He’s a bigot.

remember when he called a Hispanic man a “beanochimp” or when he called prez Obama a “subhuman mongrel?” Or how about that time he said that apartheid wasn’t “so cut and dry” because “all humans aren’t created equally?”

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.thetrace.org/2016/03/ted-nugent-racist-comments-nra/amp/

https://www.salon.com/2014/03/26/ted_nugent_defends_south_african_apartheid_and_using_the_n_word_in_newly_resurfaced_interview/

I'm not talking about Ted Nugent who I agree has some screws loose.  I'm talking about the insult of "rednecks."  A very small percentage of "rednecks" look to Ted Nugent as a cultural leader or any kind of leader.  There is a small subset of ignorant bigots in all groups.  Hell, there are even sub groups of black people who are bigoted against other black people based on where, specifically they come from.  Insulting "rednecks" is just as bigoted as somebody insulting any other group.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

I'm not talking about Ted Nugent who I agree has some screws loose.  I'm talking about the insult of "rednecks."  A very small percentage of "rednecks" look to Ted Nugent as a cultural leader or any kind of leader.  There is a small subset of ignorant bigots in all groups.  Hell, there are even sub groups of black people who are bigoted against other black people based on where, specifically they come from.  Insulting "rednecks" is just as bigoted as somebody insulting any other group.

Fair enough in that "rednecks" is a classist slur that has somehow been normalized in north american liberalism. I literally get a red neck when I work fields in the summer. I wear tanks and boots and am working class. Shit sometimes I even wear handkerchief's. Im also a lefty who really honestly doesnt give a fuck about identity politics as such - classist insults are horrible, AND theres also other issues to be addressed that shouldn't, in my opinion, be sidelined by those lazy slurs. Theres words or labels and then theres substance.

To me, it would have gone a long way to address both the classism and also acknowledge that Nugget is a bigot. Because "backwards" is, in my experience, used synonymously with "bigoted." So there was that part to address imho. He is indeed a figurehead of backwards Murica. And backwards america doesn't get to hide behind their hurt feelings or perceived persecution - they can fuck right off!

But as this is all hindsight, I guess it doesn't really matter, lol. Thanks for reply. And thanks for your solidarity with us rednecks!

Edited by soon
  • Like 1

Well, there's nothing like an experts opinion, is there?  No one cares what this mad old cunt says, he's been talking bollocks for decades now, there's no more sense coming out of him than some pissed old tramped laying semi-concious in an alleyway somewhere pissing his pants and mumbling.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, soon said:

Fair enough in that "rednecks" is a classist slur that has somehow been normalized in north american liberalism. I literally get a red neck when I work fields in the summer. I wear tanks and boots and am working class. Shit sometimes I even wear handkerchief's. Im also a lefty who really honestly doesnt give a fuck about identity politics as such - classist insults are horrible, AND theres also other issues to be addressed that shouldn't, in my opinion, be sidelined by those lazy slurs. Theres words or labels and then theres substance.

To me, it would have gone a long way to address both the classism and also acknowledge that Nugget is a bigot. Because "backwards" is, in my experience, used synonymously with "bigoted." So there was that part to address imho. He is indeed a figurehead of backwards Murica. And backwards america doesn't get to hide behind their hurt feelings or perceived persecution - they can fuck right off!

But as this is all hindsight, I guess it doesn't really matter, lol. Thanks for reply. And thanks for your solidarity with us rednecks!

Very well said.  I don't think it can be argued that Ted Nugent is a bigot just based on his own statements.  I will say that not only is "backwards" used synonymously with "bigoted" but it is also used to refer to religious people.  Then it is kind of lumped together that churchgoing "rednecks" are backwards and bigoted.  I am personally not religious (although sometimes I wish I was and think that having faith would help me deal with certain issues) but I don't disparage people for their beliefs.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

Very well said.  I don't think it can be argued that Ted Nugent is a bigot just based on his own statements.  I will say that not only is "backwards" used synonymously with "bigoted" but it is also used to refer to religious people.  Then it is kind of lumped together that churchgoing "rednecks" are backwards and bigoted.  I am personally not religious (although sometimes I wish I was and think that having faith would help me deal with certain issues) but I don't disparage people for their beliefs.

Well, shit. Not to belabour the point, but I dont believe that one can just label something a 'religious belief' and then be free of criticism. 

Im not sure if you mentioned religion with the knowledge that I roll with Jesus, but I can certainly relate to the anti-christian bigotry that you reference. Secular fundamentalism is just a bizarre and misguided manifestation of the death of liberalism  - kicking and screaming at anything it sees as a threat to its power in a desperate bid to remain relevant. It is ironic that this liberal misfire actually has tended to prop up neocon ideology and foreign policy, but I digress. Anyways, those secular fundamentalists are just as vile and deficient as any other fundementalists.

But that being said, there is throughout the world and certainly in the US the existence of The American Civil Religion. It calls itself "Chrstian" but lacks the Christ part. Its God is American exceptionalism, wealth and a heteronormative, regressive society. It is dangerous and needs to be rooted out. I fully disparage those people for their backward beliefs. Nugget is one of them.

But again, it is definitely wrong for people to lump all who identify as Chrsitan in one category. And I agree that its wrong to discriminate just based on the label. 

I wish you well on your own journey, btw.

Edited by soon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, soon said:

Well, shit. Not to belabour the point, but I dont believe that one can just label something a 'religious belief' and then be free of criticism. 

Im not sure if you mentioned religion with the knowledge that I roll with Jesus, but I can certainly relate to the anti-christian bigotry that you reference. Secular fundamentalism is just a bizarre and misguided manifestation of the death of liberalism  - kicking and screaming at anything it sees as a threat to its power in a desperate bid to remain relevant. It is ironic that this liberal misfire actually has tended to prop up neocon ideology and foreign policy, but I digress. Anyways, those secular fundamentalists are just as vile and deficient as any other fundementalists.

But that being said, there is throughout the world and certainly in the US the existence of The American Civil Religion. It calls itself "Chrstian" but lacks the Christ part. Its God is American exceptionalism, wealth and a heteronormative, regressive society. It is dangerous and needs to be rooted out. I fully disparage those people for their backward beliefs. Nugget is one of them.

But again, it is definitely wrong for people to lump all who identify as Chrsitan in one category. And I agree that its wrong to discriminate just based on the label. 

I wish you well on your own journey, btw.

Totally. Couldn't agree more with this post. 

It's incredible that some of these people label themselves as 'Christian' when you listen to the hatred, bile and divisive rhetoric they spill out. 

• Like 1

I don't like Nugent for his politics and things. I do believe in hunting. Louisiana, Texas, .people hunt and fish in the USA. I think GnR should have canceled Mexico show and paid whatever.  They had a window of a few weeks, 2-3 weeks. If I were them, I would have been scared for myself and staff. Hindsight now. Nothing happened to them or their staff who were probably gloved up in working gloves, not plastic ones, and were masked too. I bet the whole band, 7,  flew in on a chartered flight. Straight to stadium .Sound check and concert right after, and flew out immediately. No meets, promos. Nothing. In. Out. One day. A few hours. Gone.

Edited by Amaya
Formatting s.pace

On 4/6/2020 at 12:46 PM, MaskingApathy said:

They have their own plane, GNAIR.

Yeah. That is what I meant. THEIR own, private , personal airplane big enough for everybody. It is just my thinking they flew in and out. A turn around. Gone from their homes for a few hours, shortest time possible. Lol.that is what I think  

Edited by Amaya
Typo

6 hours ago, Amaya said:

Yeah. That is what I meant. THEIR own, private , personal airplane big enough gor everybody. It is just my thinking they flew in and out. A turn around. Gone from their homes for a few hours, shortest time possible. Lol.that is what I think  

Yeah probably.

• Like 1