Podcasts

Loccy

My favourite podcast is This American Life, have listened to it for years and I enjoy their storytelling format more than most other podcasts. My favourite episode is Who You Gonna Call. I've gone back and listened to it a few times :)

Bob Fass has been a radio host on WBAI since 1963, often taking calls from strangers late at night. One night at 3 a.m. in 1971, a man called into his show facing a literally life-or-death dilemma.

There are a number of great podcasts created by people on this very forum! Heres two of them,

In addition to those, I enjoy all the rock ones that I bet many of us listen to, I especially like Rolling Stone Music Now.

OP mentioned sports and I love the podcast Edge of Sports.

Also, on the radio I listen to a program called Podcast Playlist, which collects the very best podcasts and plays sample segments of them. They explore the landscape of podcasting itself a bit too. Its awesome just to listen to as is, and one can always go listen more to the sampled podcasts that they found to be the most interesting or entertaining. Its a great way to discover new podcasts to listen to!

Its a radio show that plays podcasts, that you can also listen to as a podcast :lol: And heres the link to do just that - the Podcast Playlist, podcast playlist if you will :lol: https://www.cbc.ca/radio/podcasts/podcast-playlist/

EDIT: Oh, and a current fave that could be consumed as a podcast is the YouTube show Buzzfeed Unsolved. Unsolved murders and disappearances, alien sightings, secret government programs, etc, are presented and discussed in a brief, light-hearted way between a believer and a skeptic. Im hooked!

Edited by soon

Podcasts are like ear-wigging the pub conversations from the table across the way.  I can’t really stomach listening to anyone just chat shit for hours on end, even people that I love.  You’d have to be a very special person indeed.  I listen to the odd podcast but generally speaking if I want to listen to people fuckin’ chat breeze for hours on end I’ll go and actually talk to a real person.  Trying to think of the last podcasts I listened to, Joe Rogan, that big Geordie fucker, to be honest they’re not very interesting people.  

More often than not, particularly when they get all confessional, I end up hearing some shit I could’ve done without.  For instance, I don’t need to hear that Sugar Ray Leonard was fuckin’ abused sexually as a child, that shit is too much info for me.  Snoop, now there’s a man that can carry a podcast.  Bill Burr is another.  Kenneth Williams, if he’d’ve been alive when they had that shit.  The Orson Welles podcast, that’d work for me.  But generally people are boring motherfuckers, thats why stand up is such a special talent, just to be interesting for an hour on your own, its something unique.  The shit is like radio without the tunes and I’m not interesting in listening to some fuckin’ middle aged failed MMA ape waffling on about DMT and conspiracies and all that bollocks.

• 6 months later...

- Infectious Groove podcast, with Russ. Awesome music pod. Cultural explorations. With fun, loveable hosts.

- AFD Show with Brandon. Get that GNR bacon!

- Rebel Force Radio. Star Wars program with OT era hosts.

- Star Wars Oxygen. Musician explores and explains the music of Star Wars. Its too cool!

- Brokendown Podcast. Grateful Dead. Chilled vibes. All that nerd perfection. Great live clips.

- Canadian History Is Boring. Comedy, true history. Canadian history is hilarious.

- The Michael Brooks Show. Amazing political commentary.

- Dead and Gone. New true crime pod that explores unsolved cases of missing and murdered Dead Heads.

Its a cluster fuck but I have to listen, such is my Dead fandom. Its the antithesis of Deadness. They even do the whole true crime 'reading in a scary voice' thing, lol. This podcast should not exist. But since it does, I have to listen.

• Thanks 1

On 10/19/2020 at 11:13 AM, soon said:

- Infectious Groove podcast, with Russ. Awesome music pod. Cultural explorations. With fun, loveable hosts.

Thank you very much for including us! We've got a large back catalog of episodes now and we put out a new one every Monday morning. 

For anyone who wants to subscribe / catch up, you should be able to do so easily with the link below or just search "INFECTIOUS GROOVE PODCAST" on your favorite podcast platform. 

https://linktr.ee/Infectiousgroovepodcast

OH and we made the finals for the Discover Pod Awards in the category of Best Music Podcast. So if anyone wants to vote for us, we'd really appreciate it. 

You can go to awards.discoverpods.com, scroll down to Best Music Podcast and click on Infectious Groove Podcast to vote for us :)

• Like 2

On 10/22/2020 at 5:51 PM, Gracii Guns said:

How I Built This is good, however usually features US companies which I've never heard of. I don't know if there's a UK equivalent of it. 

I do love it when a British person is interviewed on it, as the British aren't natural entrepreneurs as Americans are.

Im looking forward to checking this out. Two pods with that name appear. Im guessing we are talking about the NPR one? Or the one with Jon Doe?

I am watching the TMNT original animated series and found a pod where 2 host do recaps of each episode. I was so pumped! But theyre audio is so bad I cant even hear the one guy! So annoying. Would have been cool!

18 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

It's the NPR one. 

@RussTCB have to say I love your new poddy artwork! 

Thank you! :) we had a ton of fun during Season 1 but Season 2 is REALLY growing with a lot of new listeners. It's been great :)

9 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

I had an infectious groove once wasn't as entertaining as a podcast mind you.

Haha, yeah I could see that being a problem 

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

@RussTCB Hey Russ, I'm catching up with Infectious Groove while I'm at work. Just want to say that the sentence "I'm usually driving the Axl crap bus" made me really chuckle. Thank you!

Hahahaha, thanks. I just felt the need to point that out because I feel like I defend him a lot on the show lol

Most of my podcasts are true crime related

They walk among us

True crime Enthusiast podcast

Murder mile

Trace evidence

Unresolved

Trail went cold

Casefile

That kind of line. If anyone has any other true crime pods I should check out let me know

I've just started listening to appetite for distortion and really like it.

10 minutes ago, ssiscool said:

They walk among us

Murder mile

Trace evidence

Unresolved

Trail went cold

Casefile

That kind of line. If anyone has any other true crime pods I should check out let me know

Im listening to a new true crime that is also about rock. Dead and Gone. It explores cases of missing and murdered people in the Dead Head community. Its new.

One of the hosts has another pod I want to check out, a true crime about 'musicians getting away with murder' but the name escapes me. They plug it on Dead and Gone.

Theres some true crime YouTube that I consume like a podcast even though they arent offered that way - they are YT vids that I just listen too. Buzzfeed Unsolved is great, I liked their Edgar Alan Poe episode a lot. I also really like That Chapter and Nexpo. That Chapter overviews solved cases and Nexpo (nightmare expo) explores creepy things from the internet and mostly unsolved crimes that are scary or potentially unexplainable. Like 'that time a youtuber disappeared while playing a sketchy ARG for their channel' type internet events.

12 hours ago, ssiscool said:

They walk among us

Murder mile

Trace evidence

Unresolved

Trail went cold

Casefile

My podcast (Infectious Groove Podcast) is solely about music but it you wanna check it out, you can find it on your preferred podcast app easily using this link:

https://linktr.ee/Infectiousgroovepodcast

As far as true crime, two shows I like to recommend are Reverie True Crime and Riddle Me That. 

If you check mine out, let me know what you think. We've got a ton of episodes out now :)

• Like 1