Jump to content

With the COVID virus, is it becoming more apparent that GnR only cares about money?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These are strange times. People around the world are isolated in their homes, cut off from loved ones, unable to attend almost all the social activities they normally would. And in the midst of all th

I just had a conversation about this the other day. If it wasn't for the sub forums and the great people on here, I wouldn't be here any longer. This band has become a miserable piece of shi

You asked, Duff answered, from Blabbermouth: GUNS N' ROSES bassist Duff McKagan spoke to Riki Rachtman Radio's "The Triple R" podcast about how he and his family are coping with quarantine life d

Posted Images

This is so true and it is also being talked about with the casuals also. I mean, i heard radioDJ also being discussed this here in Scadinavia.

Are they really that stupid? I mean AXL and YES-MEN/WOMEN of this band. Just look at the social media post's during this pandemic!

Edited by ThePreacher
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, action said:

people really are waiting on TB's response to this epidemy?

GNR is a rock band. they play music.

I find it funny how every time there's something unusual happening in the world, people expect GNR to offer "their take" on it.

it's like one of those B list 80s action movies. "Robocop, do you have a message for the kids at home?" "stay out of trouble"

here's a thought. For condolence and support, why not talk to your partner / friends or something? Don't tell me you only have GNR in your life.

I think it's more down to that there's supposed to be a tour starting in 6 weeks. Any generic response/update would be handy. They're looking to reschedule, they're hopeful of playing this year, wishing fans good health. 

Jarmo posted an article on Nightrain yesterday stating all gigs in Austria are cancelled in June! He works for Team Brazil. GNR were due to play Austria in June! So have Team Brazil been watching the news? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It couldn't've be more apparent if they'd've come around your house and burned 'WE ARE ONLY ABOUT THE MONEY' into your retina with a high powered lazer pen.

EDIT:  actually, that would just leave you blind, wouldn't it?  Which, ironically, is what you are anyway if you expect shit from the lads.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WildStar said:

I think it's more down to that there's supposed to be a tour starting in 6 weeks. Any generic response/update would be handy. They're looking to reschedule, they're hopeful of playing this year, wishing fans good health. 

Jarmo posted an article on Nightrain yesterday stating all gigs in Austria are cancelled in June! He works for Team Brazil. GNR were due to play Austria in June! So have Team Brazil been watching the news? 

In regards to a cancellation /postponement of the tour, they'll have to wait and see how the situation develops in the other countries, regarding the extension of measures.

It doesn't make sense to cancel individual concerts bit by bit. Of course, Austria was the first country to announce that no events will take place in June, but it is very likely that the other countries will follow, and by then there will be a general decision.

There are other bands (like Rammstein) that would have done a European tour in May/June ( ALSO including a concert in Austria) and there is also no cancellation/postponement, or any further information, by yet.

I don't want to defend the lack of communication with the fans, but postponing a tour is a lot of work and takes it time.

Edited by EricA
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, EricA said:

In regards to a cancellation /postponement of the tour, they'll have to wait and see how the situation develops in the other countries, regarding the extension of measures.

It doesn't make sense to cancel individual concerts bit by bit. Of course, Austria was the first country to announce that no events will take place in June, but it is very likely that the other countries will follow, and by then there will be a general decision.

There are other bands (like Rammstein) that would have done a European tour in May/June ( ALSO including a concert in Austria) and there is also no cancellation/postponement, or any further information, by yet.

I don't want to defend the lack of communication with the fans, but postponing a tour is a lot of work and takes it time.

I think its safe to say Rammstein isn't happening and have more things to worry about. Like Till Linndemanns health. 

 

We don't know to what extent Covid-19 is affecting the lives of the people usually in the spotlight. In terms of their families health etc. Cut them some slack. I mean did you really expect an already reclusive man to become more public at a time when being a recluse is almost mandatory. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Brian May has been one of my favourite musicians to follow during this. Live streams of him just jamming in his living room, taking requests, and breaking down iconic Queen riffs. He's even posted playthroughs and encouraged musicians to take what he's played and have a "virtual jam" by adding your own drums, bass, etc...

Has anyone asked him to play his original Catcher solo.....😂

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

What's weird is that in some ways they DON'T care about money. There are so many things they COULD do to take money from us in a way we'd be very happy with. I'd buy live albums, archive releases, new material obviously etc. But they don't want our money for these things. What I WON'T buy are things like laundry bags, toy trucks, and minature baseball bats.....which serve the purpose of making the band look like money grabbers while also providing something people don't seem to want. 

So, in a way, the money seems to be not an issue with them. Aside from very expensive tickets, there's nothing to spend any money on. I spend nearly nothing on GNR anymore as there simply isn't anything to buy. 

On the other hand, I think their lack of any sort of update (or even mention) of the tour that's due to start in a few weeks is awful. People have considerable money invested in tickets and travel etc.....but are being left totally in the dark about any sort of plans. All we know is that the concerts won't be happening......even though they're still on sale. No excuse of "well plans are being made" excuses them from at least acknowledging the fact that people are rightly concerned about where their money is, and what is going on. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Axlr0s37 said:

I think its safe to say Rammstein isn't happening and have more things to worry about. Like Till Linndemanns health. 

 

We don't know to what extent Covid-19 is affecting the lives of the people usually in the spotlight. In terms of their families health etc. Cut them some slack. I mean did you really expect an already reclusive man to become more public at a time when being a recluse is almost mandatory. 

I don't know what your answer has to do with my post:blink: 

I just wanted to make clear that canceling / postponing a tour takes some time before there will be a official statement/decision.

At least to me it's clear that neither the one, nor the other tour will take place.

Edited by EricA
Link to post
Share on other sites

You should lock down this forum. 

and send a message to TB, AXl etc. that basically says "Fuck U, we are no longer going to support you cunts"

They don't give a shit about us, and with the emergency the world is facing right now, they showed us even more.

No news, nothing, not even a word from them. 

for the first time in my life I don't give a shit about GnR anymore... too late, sorry.

This will be my last visit on this site. 

It's been nice coming here many times and read your topics and go through comments.

stay safe guys.

 

  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Axlr0s37 said:

I think its safe to say Rammstein isn't happening and have more things to worry about. Like Till Linndemanns health. 

 

We don't know to what extent Covid-19 is affecting the lives of the people usually in the spotlight. In terms of their families health etc. Cut them some slack. I mean did you really expect an already reclusive man to become more public at a time when being a recluse is almost mandatory. 

Self isolation is what Axl does best. The pandemic is just another excuse for him to do that and hide in his castle away from the world.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair, we don't even know how Axl is dealing with all this. I mean, I know I'm getting pretty bad anxiety problems - that's why I've been posting a lot more these days, lol. Sorry about that haha

Not trying to find excuses, but as we don't know anything, it's really not fair to judge by the worst case scenario.

As a band: sure, they really should release something. Even if it's a 2016 proshot, but SOMETHING would be a good way to give people something to hang on in all this. 

40 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Brian May has been one of my favourite musicians to follow during this. Live streams of him just jamming in his living room, taking requests, and breaking down iconic Queen riffs. He's even posted playthroughs and encouraged musicians to take what he's played and have a "virtual jam" by adding your own drums, bass, etc...

Yeah, the Hammer to Fall challenge was pretty good. He's awesome. 

I wonder if Slash would do the same if he would get a copyright strike lol

16 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

What's weird is that in some ways they DON'T care about money. There are so many things they COULD do to take money from us in a way we'd be very happy with. I'd buy live albums, archive releases, new material obviously etc. But they don't want our money for these things. What I WON'T buy are things like laundry bags, toy trucks, and minature baseball bats.....which serve the purpose of making the band look like money grabbers while also providing something people don't seem to want. 

So, in a way, the money seems to be not an issue with them. Aside from very expensive tickets, there's nothing to spend any money on. I spend nearly nothing on GNR anymore as there simply isn't anything to buy. 

On the other hand, I think their lack of any sort of update (or even mention) of the tour that's due to start in a few weeks is awful. People have considerable money invested in tickets and travel etc.....but are being left totally in the dark about any sort of plans. All we know is that the concerts won't be happening......even though they're still on sale. No excuse of "well plans are being made" excuses them from at least acknowledging the fact that people are rightly concerned about where their money is, and what is going on. 

 

This is very accurate. It all seems very odd, but this paradoxal nature of the band got old a long time ago. 

And yes, I'm talking about the band, not only Axl or Team Brazil. They all have responsibility. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EricA said:

In regards to a cancellation /postponement of the tour, they'll have to wait and see how the situation develops in the other countries, regarding the extension of measures.

It doesn't make sense to cancel individual concerts bit by bit. Of course, Austria was the first country to announce that no events will take place in June, but it is very likely that the other countries will follow, and by then there will be a general decision.

There are other bands (like Rammstein) that would have done a European tour in May/June ( ALSO including a concert in Austria) and there is also no cancellation/postponement, or any further information, by yet.

I don't want to defend the lack of communication with the fans, but postponing a tour is a lot of work and takes it time.

That's true. I have a ticket for Rammstein. I forgot about that. 

But I don't know why any band rep wouldn't give an update even if it's just a generic update. It's weird that you go on the GNR and Rammstein sites and the first thing you see is about tickets for sale.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WildStar said:

That's true. I have a ticket for Rammstein. I forgot about that. 

But I don't know why any band rep wouldn't give an update even if it's just a generic update. It's weird that you go on the GNR and Rammstein sites and the first thing you see is about tickets for sale.

How can one forget to have a Rammstein ticket:lol:

But you're right, the thing with the on going ticket sales is plain dumb.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...