With the COVID virus, is it becoming more apparent that GnR only cares about money?

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Would they though? His voice was better in 2016.

1 hour ago, Dean said:

His voice was amazing by the time they got into the swing of it. I think the assumption is aimed at it being the first show and Axl normally being fairly out of sorts.

I'd still love to watch it but the preference is still Houston or Philly etc.

Oh you didn't see the leaked SCOM video from the show then. You think the Miami Super Bowl one was bad, wait until you see this.

JBJ just said the Jovi 2020 tour is basically over. He was on with Stern today.  The question for these tours is are they “cancelled” or “postponed”.   TM’s policy is no refunds if “postponed”.  Could be a big ouch for us consumers.   

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Oh you didn't see the leaked SCOM video from the show then. You think the Miami Super Bowl one was bad, wait until you see this.

I remember seeing that and don't remember thinking it was particularly bad/out of the usual.

5 hours ago, Original said:

JBJ just said the Jovi 2020 tour is basically over. He was on with Stern today.  The question for these tours is are they “cancelled” or “postponed”.   TM’s policy is no refunds if “postponed”.  Could be a big ouch for us consumers.   

TICKETMASTER Clarifies COVID-19 Refund Policy

EVm1RbUUwAEE2Ga?format=jpg&name=small

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ticketmaster-clarifies-covid-19-refund-policy/

4 minutes ago, loko said:

This is my favorite from late capitalism. We are only realtors, so we don't have any liability we only collect cash, so please fuck off.

Well. In a way that is true. They collect money on behalf of the concert promoters. They perform a service for the concert promoters, so those don't have to sell their tickets on their own. Of course, that's overlooking the fact that, many of these companies have the same owner/are financially connected to Ticketmaster.

I just wanna know if we’ll ever see this tour bar the 2 shows we already have or not... watching these shows waiting in anticipation to hear Hardschool is my only kinda satisfaction nowadays. Guess that setlist that was floating around may never happen :((

On 4/16/2020 at 1:21 AM, MaskingApathy said:

I have, but Sweet Child has never been the best live in my opinion, and what we seen from the Troubadour is no different to how Axl has tackled the song for the last 19 years.

Everything after the live renditions from '86 and '87, I'm not keen on. The rerecorded vocals on the Live Era version though are a different ball game all together. Better than his vocal efforts on Appetite. 

Edited by Dean

On 4/16/2020 at 2:31 AM, loko said:

This is my favorite from late capitalism. We are only realtors, so we don't have any liability we only collect cash, so please fuck off.

Ticketmaster is corrupt on multiple levels, but it’s not realistic to think that as company that they will be refunding tickets across the globe. If you want to see a concert again then Ticketmaster needs to stay in business. 

39 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Ticketmaster is corrupt on multiple levels, but it’s not realistic to think that as company that they will be refunding tickets across the globe. If you want to see a concert again then Ticketmaster needs to stay in business. 

Before Ticketmaster I was on concerts and it was cheaper, without Golden Circle EE Extra Platinum Lines or some idiotic service fee. There will be more and cheaper shows without Ticketmaster.

2 hours ago, loko said:

Before Ticketmaster I was on concerts and it was cheaper, without Golden Circle EE Extra Platinum Lines or some idiotic service fee. There will be more and cheaper shows without Ticketmaster.

Ticketmaster is garbage, but if it went bankrupt then what would replace it in the near future. 

3 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Nah, Ticketmaster can rot as far as I care. There are other ticket agencies, and many different ways of selling tickets. They just have a monopoly- I'd love to see it fall. 

I wish Ticketmaster every failure. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, FRANSAD said:

Many bands please their fans with tons of free pro-shot material during the COVID 19 pandemic........ we get some exciting black n' white pictures.....

gnrshi10.jpg

Yep,  bands that have noissue playing old material except  this band.

What a stupid caption "always ready".... ready for what nando?.

Edited by Sydney Fan

3 hours ago, loko said:

I hate Ticketmaster, don't get me wrong, but to blame everything on one company is a little simplistic view. There are many involved to make the situation as shitty as it is.

3 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Not sure if I can post this or not? but seems to be a nice story, great counterpoint to this thread. Delete if it's breaking rules.  

Pity duff couldnt pull stump out of the show i think when stump attended in one of the 2016 shows. 

Duff, " hey man whats your name and what are you doing here"?

Stump " my name is billy "stump" stephenson and i just wanted to get an autograph from axl"

Edited by Sydney Fan

6 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Yep,  bands that have noissue playing old material except  this band.

What a stupid caption "always ready".... ready for what nando?.

I mean really, why does GnR suck harder than ever?! The worst band to follow. Fucking hell! :D

Edited by El Guapo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Joraz said:

All i wanna know is, is there any chance at all we’ll see them return next month? I check daily to see news but if its bot cancelled yet is there much chance it will be at all?

Not a chance.  CEO of Live Nation was on CNBC this week and said it could be until late 2021 until tours resume. People need to be vaccinated. This sucks but it’s the logical thing to do

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Joraz said:

All i wanna know is, is there any chance at all we’ll see them return next month? I check daily to see news but if its bot cancelled yet is there much chance it will be at all?

No chance. Most countries forbid big gatherings until the end of august. They won't stage a tour where they can only do a handful of shows (if at all, as most countries, who haven't decided yet, will do what the neighboring countries are doing) and have to sit around during the days of the cancelled shows. Nevermind the flight bans to Europe that are still not lifted.

• Like 2