With the COVID virus, is it becoming more apparent that GnR only cares about money?

37 minutes ago, JohnnyRais said:

You should lock down this forum. 

and send a message to TB, AXl etc. that basically says "Fuck U, we are no longer going to support you cunts"

They don't give a shit about us, and with the emergency the world is facing right now, they showed us even more.

No news, nothing, not even a word from them. 

for the first time in my life I don't give a shit about GnR anymore... too late, sorry.

This will be my last visit on this site. 

It's been nice coming here many times and read your topics and go through comments.

stay safe guys.

You do realize gnr is not affiliated with this forum and you’d only be “punishing” those that own operate it, right?

3 hours ago, action said:

people really are waiting on TB's response to this epidemy?

GNR is a rock band. they play music.

I find it funny how every time there's something unusual happening in the world, people expect GNR to offer "their take" on it.

it's like one of those B list 80s action movies. "Robocop, do you have a message for the kids at home?" "stay out of trouble"

here's a thought. For condolence and support, why not talk to your partner / friends or something? Don't tell me you only have GNR in your life.

A trademark, like Guns N' Roses, exerces a social function. This is a very known concept in the marketing business. So, the impact of the trademark decisions is transfered to the public's perception of it. This could generate a positive, or a negative image of them, which directly influences the success of the band. In example, let's say Metallica does a livestream about COVID-19, playing music, talking and being friendly. They'll be much more remembered than GNR, it'll make more headlines, and, thefefore, they'll sell more music/tickets.

Not doing anything is straight up bad management.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, WildStar said:

That's true. I have a ticket for Rammstein. I forgot about that. 

But I don't know why any band rep wouldn't give an update even if it's just a generic update. It's weird that you go on the GNR and Rammstein sites and the first thing you see is about tickets for sale.

Someone is getting paid too much I think, forgetting they've got tickets. Salary reduction is in order.  You'll be forgetting to put on your fake tattoos and band member rings soon.......

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

It couldn't've be more apparent if they'd've come around your house and burned 'WE ARE ONLY ABOUT THE MONEY' into your retina with a high powered lazer pen.

EDIT:  actually, that would just leave you blind, wouldn't it?  Which, ironically, is what you are anyway if you expect shit from the lads.

Ha, I love your posts :lol:

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

What's weird is that in some ways they DON'T care about money. There are so many things they COULD do to take money from us in a way we'd be very happy with. I'd buy live albums, archive releases, new material obviously etc. But they don't want our money for these things. What I WON'T buy are things like laundry bags, toy trucks, and minature baseball bats.....which serve the purpose of making the band look like money grabbers while also providing something people don't seem to want. 

So, in a way, the money seems to be not an issue with them. Aside from very expensive tickets, there's nothing to spend any money on. I spend nearly nothing on GNR anymore as there simply isn't anything to buy. 

On the other hand, I think their lack of any sort of update (or even mention) of the tour that's due to start in a few weeks is awful. People have considerable money invested in tickets and travel etc.....but are being left totally in the dark about any sort of plans. All we know is that the concerts won't be happening......even though they're still on sale. No excuse of "well plans are being made" excuses them from at least acknowledging the fact that people are rightly concerned about where their money is, and what is going on. 

It’s because they want $$$ with the least creative input possible 

I totally agree with this.

It's such a shame that they don't think or give back to the fans that put them where they are today. 

They could release videos for free, they could do acoustic videos online, they could this they could that. But at the end of the day they don't do anything. 

Is it because they are only doing it for the money? Is it because they are not creative enough to put out there live versions of their music in different forms? Is it because AXL is shame of how his voice looks on videos? Is it because they are ruled by pathetic managers like Fernando?   

Well, honestly I think all of the above are true. 

I travelled the world to see GNR for the last 25 years (more than 20x timer). I bought CD, DVDS, T-shirts, Tickets to concerts, flight tickets, spent hours of my live talking about them to friends. 

I thank them for the amazing years they gave me. But now they are truly a brand and a product of a random Brazilian family. Honestly Slash and Duff deserve better. 

For Axl, my childhood hero, I really think he as lost his magic. Or at least is stuck in the past and cannot change his version of AXL ROSE from the 90's. Look at all the other bands, they change they adapt their voices and music, and most of all they create and give back to fans. 

Is truly a shame. 

Hope everyone is safe!  

Edited by joaompc
  • Like 1

I have mixed feelings on locking the forum. A forum I went to for years, ( a third eye blind forum) like almost 15 years closed and I was crushed. Then again if the band is secretive or provide nothing what can we talk about? Other stuff right? Lol but is that the spirit of the forum? We are talking about other stuff because maybe we are forced to in a sense and we hang around hoping for activity. And then we just start to lash out 

sincerely Gary Busy

a joke from a post I left a bit back lol

Yesterday, the Mötley Crüe Twitter account spent some time tweeting back and forth with fans, engaging with them, showing interest in how they are doing, etc. They also addressed concerns about their tour. 

Such a simple thing to do to be a bit more personable with the fanbase during this time...which I guess is just simply impossible for GN’R to do. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coma16 said:

It's been about the loot for years now.

Yep sad part is through touring only not from any new music.

The issue going on at the moment with the purchasing of certain GNR music in the thread that has been closed., proves one thing.

During 06 to 10 axl could have released 4 albums. If what is to be believed that there are around 48 tracks = 4 albums.

12 songs each on 4 albums equals 48 songs.

Thats how many albums could have been released from Axls CD lineup during those years. Guess hes not a creatively motivated muscian we thought he was.

Thats plain embarassing. I purely think if the money wasnt as big, slash would have walked from this band. Im sure he has his thoughts on the bizarre management and how the band should be communicating with fans with the proposed shows coming up. People may have booked hotels, flights that need to reschedule if dates are moved. 

If this was SMKC we would have gotten updates. 

TB 🖕. The rest of the big 3 have as much input into band decisions as management does, so they are complicit as well.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, James Bond said:

Brian May has been one of my favourite musicians to follow during this. Live streams of him just jamming in his living room, taking requests, and breaking down iconic Queen riffs. He's even posted playthroughs and encouraged musicians to take what he's played and have a "virtual jam" by adding your own drums, bass, etc...

I’ve emailed him in the past only to receive replies directly from him. Class act.

• Like 3

The efforts, and collective interactions among the members here have done more for the hardcore GN'R fans than the band themselves, save for the 2008 release of CD and near endless touring.

This forum, aside from great discussion, and some real info, has contributed to some leaks, most notably so the massive Village "locker" sessions, which is the greatest thing to ever come from the band post the Illusion era IMO, even better than CD itself seeing how it is 1.5 albums if you only count tracks with vocals, along with some fantastic instrumentals we probably would have never heard otherwise.

Aside from completely new songs like Perhaps, Atlas, and Hardschool, etc. we have high quality versions of existing songs and many, many more most knew never even existed. 

Would be great timing if something similar occurred soon.

Stay strong everyone!

14 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

I’ve emailed him in the past only to receive replies directly from him. Class act.

That's awesome! I wonder if someone could send him the leaked Atlas and Perhaps and ask if he played on those versions. Someone did that with the old Catcher leak we have had for years, he may appreciate the higher quality Catcher too.

8 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

The efforts, and collective interactions among the members here have done more for the hardcore GN'R fans than the band themselves, save for the 2008 release of CD and near endless touring.

This forum, aside from great discussion, and some real info, has contributed to some leaks, most notably so the massive Village "locker" sessions, which is the greatest thing to ever come from the band post the Illusion era IMO, even better than CD itself seeing how it is 1.5 albums if you only count tracks with vocals, along with some fantastic instrumentals we probably would have never heard otherwise.

Aside from completely new songs like Perhaps, Atlas, and Hardschool, etc. we have high quality versions of existing songs and many, many more most knew never even existed. 

Stay strong everyone!

That's awesome! I wonder if someone could send him the leaked Atlas and Perhaps and ask if he played on those versions. Someone did that with the old Catcher leak we have had for years, he may appreciate the higher quality Catcher too.

Yes and yes.

27 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Stay strong everyone!

Was the Catcher leak definitely him? I though it was confirmed.....but then it never shows up on lists people create of 'leaked material', so I'm not sure.....

They are just a big touring nostalgia act like The Rolling Stones, Van Halen, Aerosmith, Motley Crue, KISS, Def Leppard, etc. MAYBE they release an album or song, but it isnt necessary or likely (which is too bad)

You tour every summer, play the hits, some staples, and a deep cut or two as a bone to diehards to a big drinking crowd, and collect a check

Its sad, but thats all they are. I said before the reunion, if that's where Axl wanted his career to go he should at least get (most) the original band for authenticity sake. Im glad that happened so young fans like me could see the real deal, but after 4 years, its natural for us diehards to stop caring. Axl isn't really an artist anymore, he is an entertainer. Most people pay to see him on stage with Slash and Duff and that's really it

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Was the Catcher leak definitely him? I though it was confirmed.....but then it never shows up on lists people create of 'leaked material', so I'm not sure.....

Yes, he talks about it here:

"'Catcher In The Rye' is a great track. I was pretty surprised to find a mix of it in my inbox this week... after all these years. I wonder who leaked this stuff. Yes, my guitar is there, nice and crisply recorded. It was a blast doing the sessions. I had flown out to LA specially to play on the record for Axl. I've sat on whatever I have or know about these songs ever since that moment... out of respect for Axl... confidentiality is part of respect for me. So I will watch with interest. I like the track a lot and always did .. and it still sounds very fresh..."

Source:

http://bravewords.com/news/queen-guitarist-brian-may-featured-on-leaked-guns-n-roses-track

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gavgnr said:

I was sure of this before Coronavirus 

Absolutely. There were so many things GN'R could be doing as a nixe gesture to their fans before all of this, it doesn't surprise me in the last that they're not now. 

Also, if and when they finally get around to acknowledging the situation regarding the tour, I would bet one million dollars that they'll post a vague "tour is postponed" message with little to know detail about what to expect. 

They sure as shit aren't going to remotely think about issuing refunds as the money is the only thing they actually care about. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

14 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Absolutely. There were so many things GN'R could be doing as a nixe gesture to their fans before all of this, it doesn't surprise me in the last that they're not now. 

Also, if and when they finally get around to acknowledging the situation regarding the tour, I would bet one million dollars that they'll post a vague "tour is postponed" message with little to know detail about what to expect. 

They sure as shit aren't going to remotely think about issuing refunds as the money is the only thing they actually care about. 

GNR in fact turned into jackass for fans very long time ago.

My early memory of such behaviour is when they decided not to live stream their show at Pukkelpop 2002. That whole festival was streamed live except GNR. Guess was the same case before that in Summer Sonic festival in Japan. 

I guess ever since Beta became Axl's personal assistant (and later manager) the whole band-fans relationship turned into a totally different game.

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 2