With the COVID virus, is it becoming more apparent that GnR only cares about money?

50 minutes ago, themadcaplaughs said:

The Boomtown Rats' new album isn't half bad for the typical new/wave - punk band releasing an album in the 2000s to stay relevant. 

I once went to a wedding at Bob Geldof's house and asked him what the best Boomtown Rats album was. He had a little chuckle, and said 'to be honest, I doubt you'd enjoy any of them'! 

Very nice guy all round I found. Good sense of humour and zero pretence. 

• Wow 1

1 hour ago, Creed said:

So, according to Rick and His little baby boy Axl, there are 600 takes / ideas / Instrumentals. A Juju hounds album. A hard disc with letters, video rehearsals. The storage also had awards and sessions from Sympathy for the Devil. And a full album with 48 songs.

Some people say Bird paid 100k for this locker. Others say that he earned 100k with the stuff so far.

Most of them are saying: don't pay a dime for it, because its disappointing shit.

Who are those people? Have they all heard the stuff to say it's disappointing? 

So there is 48 full tracks + 600 takes/ideas/instrumentals? This makes sense, it's kinda like the Village Sessions. Would be cool to hear proto versions of songs like Chinese, IRS and all the unheard stuff.

17 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I once went to a wedding at Bob Geldof's house and asked him what the best Boomtown Rats album was. He had a little chuckle, and said 'to be honest, I doubt you'd enjoy any of them'! 

Very nice guy all round I found. Good sense of humour and zero pretence. 

Geldof has a sense of humour? That's where your story got too far fetched. 

10 hours ago, axlvai said:

I saw Saskatoon 93 today.... and that kind of shit i want to buy!. Cmon!!!! Its not hard to do.

Seriously. For a band as big as they were we hardly have anything from their heyday.  I would kill for an official release of shows from back then.  Fuck.. Even if it is just a remastered Ritz Blu Ray.   

23 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Seriously. For a band as big as they were we hardly have anything from their heyday.  I would kill for an official release of shows from back then.  Fuck.. Even if it is just a remastered Ritz Blu Ray.   

A way for them to both profit and pretend they care about the fans would be to release the old shows (and the newer ones) they filmed in a database - five bucks to download each show or something. Donate a portion of that to coronavirus relief funds. Everyone wins!

Will they? Fuck no, it makes too much sense :lol:

Hell, I'd pay $20 to watch "The Perfect Crime"

2 hours ago, Creed said:

So, according to Rick and His little baby boy Axl, there are 600 takes / ideas / Instrumentals. A Juju hounds album. A hard disc with letters, video rehearsals. The storage also had awards and sessions from Sympathy for the Devil. And a full album with 48 songs.

Some people say Bird paid 100k for this locker. Others say that he earned 100k with the stuff so far.

Most of them are saying: don't pay a dime for it, because its disappointing shit.

Although I guess you would want to hear an example/snippet before spending...although logistically that could be difficult I guess!

I'm not going to make a big dramatic post about being done with this band, but I'm kinda done with this band. I've been a hardcore fan since 1988 and yeah I think it's pretty obvious this band only cares about money at this point. 

I don't think of it as they've given up on the fans as we all have been told numerous times that they don't owe us anything. I just think they've given up on themselves. So as a result why should anyone else care about them. 

The YouTube nonsense was the first straw and first time I started to think wow this band does not give a shit about fans. Then came the Trumpian lies and gaslighting from management as to the extent of their responsibility in the matter and their powerlessness to rectify the situation. 

Since the Corona shutdown though for them to not put out even a bit of information about what they're working on let alone a single and still have the same smug appearance of "fuck you fans buy our merch." yeah well I think I'm done. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Other artists:

Doing online streams for free, talking directly to fans, raising money to help in the fight, releasing archive material and concerts for free

Guns N Roses:

We've added select fans who've spent a lot of money on us to a VIP list so they can spend even more money on us 

Solid work as always. 

Is it to a select group of fans? I just figured it was to anyone who was on the Guns N' Roses email list. 

3 minutes ago, themadcaplaughs said:

Is it to a select group of fans? I just figured it was to anyone who was on the Guns N' Roses email list. 

From the email above on this page of the thread (I don't want to quote it because it's huge) it reads to me that it's only for people who bought a Paradise City package in the past. 

11 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

From the email above on this page of the thread (I don't want to quote it because it's huge) it reads to me that it's only for people who bought a Paradise City package in the past. 

Thats correct. I bought that... and i got my... how to say it..... a big invitation to buy shit.

But i... dont want to do it.

Edited by axlvai
Add
  • GNFNR 1

9 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Accord my local radio today, says that all the massive shows in Argentina will be cancelled for at least 2020, and Lollapalooza show in November isn't will happen. Maybe would be postpone to 2021.

Believe it or not , somebody at the band camp already recognized it :o

20200408_212331.thumb.jpg.3e7242d0b9ff4dbc3fa5716c413ed58c.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

Just to turn all the valid and well-deserved criticism in the right direction again - my main intent with this thread wasn't even about into on cancelations or whatever. It was mainly about showing that you care about your fans in difficult times. Like countless normal bands are doing in creative ways. But that was probably my main mistake. GnR isn't a normal band nor do they care.

Ps. 
Buy our new flannel shirt you bunch of dumb walking wallets. Uncle Axl needs a new Taco Bell delivery. 

• Like 1

On 4/7/2020 at 3:04 PM, allwaystired said:

Let people know about the tour dates that are 5 weeks away and what is happening in regards to the large sums of money spent on tickets? 

Something will for sure come out. Think we can bet those are not happening. They'll either be rescheduled or cancelled. If they're cancelled, people will be reimbursed. If they're rescheduled, they'll be reimbursed if they can't make the new date. 

They'll announce something soon. Any lack of info. I'd chalk up disorganization before greed. 

EDIT: I just noticed they sent out an email advertising flannel - maybe I should eat my hat.

Edited by BangoSkank
new info.

1 hour ago, Gavin82 said:

Any Pearl Jam fans they just cancelled Julys BST in Hyde Park so im guessing other EU dates will follow & BST is cancelled full refunds

That's 6 weeks after GNR play London. 

Are GNR the only band touring this summer? 

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, BangoSkank said:

Something will for sure come out. Think we can bet those are not happening. They'll either be rescheduled or cancelled. If they're cancelled, people will be reimbursed. If they're rescheduled, they'll be reimbursed if they can't make the new date. 

They'll announce something soon. Any lack of info. I'd chalk up disorganization before greed. 

EDIT: I just noticed they sent out an email advertising flannel - maybe I should eat my hat.

Yep. That was simply incredible really! 

I honestly think they could stay silent about things right up to the day of the first show as they did for the SA leg. 

19 minutes ago, WildStar said:

That's 6 weeks after GNR play London. 

Are GNR the only band touring this summer? 

They're the only band TELLING PEOPLE they're touring this summer........despite the fact that they aren't unless they fancy putting on some illegal shows in empty venues!