Jump to content

With the COVID virus, is it becoming more apparent that GnR only cares about money?


Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, BangoSkank said:

Something will for sure come out. Think we can bet those are not happening. They'll either be rescheduled or cancelled. If they're cancelled, people will be reimbursed. If they're rescheduled, they'll be reimbursed if they can't make the new date. 

They'll announce something soon. Any lack of info. I'd chalk up disorganization before greed. 

EDIT: I just noticed they sent out an email advertising flannel - maybe I should eat my hat.

Yep. That was simply incredible really! 

I honestly think they could stay silent about things right up to the day of the first show as they did for the SA leg. 

19 minutes ago, WildStar said:

That's 6 weeks after GNR play London. 

Are GNR the only band touring this summer? 

They're the only band TELLING PEOPLE they're touring this summer........despite the fact that they aren't unless they fancy putting on some illegal shows in empty venues! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These are strange times. People around the world are isolated in their homes, cut off from loved ones, unable to attend almost all the social activities they normally would. And in the midst of all th

I just had a conversation about this the other day. If it wasn't for the sub forums and the great people on here, I wouldn't be here any longer. This band has become a miserable piece of shi

You asked, Duff answered, from Blabbermouth: GUNS N' ROSES bassist Duff McKagan spoke to Riki Rachtman Radio's "The Triple R" podcast about how he and his family are coping with quarantine life d

Posted Images

This takes some beating.....Austria has a ban on all events until the end of June. GNR play there at the beginning of June. 

Yet.....https://www.ticketmaster.at/event/guns-n-roses-tickets/15017?language=en-us

How is this not breaking the law? They're selling tickets for an event that has been banned. It really is absurd, and surely borderline criminal? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

This takes some beating.....Austria has a ban on all events until the end of June. GNR play there at the beginning of June. 

Yet.....https://www.ticketmaster.at/event/guns-n-roses-tickets/15017?language=en-us

How is this not breaking the law? They're selling tickets for an event that has been banned. It really is absurd, and surely borderline criminal? 

If the tour is postponed and there is an reschedule date (in 2021), then the tickets will remain valid for the NEW date. Therefore, if somebody buys tickets now (nobody does in fact) these are tickets for a concert of atm unknown date, it's completely absurd, but unfortunately not criminal.

Edited by EricA
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, username said:

Just to turn all the valid and well-deserved criticism in the right direction again - my main intent with this thread wasn't even about into on cancelations or whatever. It was mainly about showing that you care about your fans in difficult times. Like countless normal bands are doing in creative ways. But that was probably my main mistake. GnR isn't a normal band nor do they care.

Ps. 
Buy our new flannel shirt you bunch of dumb walking wallets. Uncle Axl needs a new Taco Bell delivery. 

Exactly. I'm not so concerned with them communicating about when or how the scheduled show might happen. It just would have been nice to see them provide the fans with ANYTHING cool as a thank you during the rough times everyone is going through. 

Instead, the just proved yet again that all they care about it getting money from fans if at all possible. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Exactly. I'm not so concerned with them communicating about when or how the scheduled show might happen. It just would have been nice to see them provide the fans with ANYTHING cool as a thank you during the rough times everyone is going through. 

Instead, the just proved yet again that all they care about it getting money from fans if at all possible. 

I think the lack of information regarding the shows is a major part of this though and ties in with the main subject of the thread. 

No time to even send a message out regarding what is going on with the fans money.....but plenty of time to try and sell them some other clothing item! 

I realise there are lots of considerations, logistical things etc, but sending out a message really isn't hard. 

Nick Cave had similar....he sent out a message saying the tour wouldn't be happening but they were looking at other plans and to bear with them. About three weeks later (today) they announced those other plans- the dates would be taking place in 2021. 

I don't actually expect GNR to do anything out of the ordinary with all this (it would be great, don't get me wrong, but sadly it's no surprise) but this tour thing for me really highlights that fans seem very low priority at present.  

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I think the lack of information regarding the shows is a major part of this though and ties in with the main subject of the thread. 

No time to even send a message out regarding what is going on with the fans money.....but plenty of time to try and sell them some other clothing item! 

I realise there are lots of considerations, logistical things etc, but sending out a message really isn't hard. 

Nick Cave had similar....he sent out a message saying the tour wouldn't be happening but they were looking at other plans and to bear with them. About three weeks later (today) they announced those other plans- the dates would be taking place in 2021. 

I don't actually expect GNR to do anything out of the ordinary with all this (it would be great, don't get me wrong, but sadly it's no surprise) but this tour thing for me really highlights that fans seem very low priority at present.  

If there is one artist who cares about his audience, it's Nick Cave. His 'Conversations with...' shows are the epitome of giving back to the fans and enjoying their interest and affiliation with the artist and the man behind the performer. I had tickets for the canceled show and we have a date less than a month after the announcement. Be like Nick. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

From the email above on this page of the thread (I don't want to quote it because it's huge) it reads to me that it's only for people who bought a Paradise City package in the past. 

Huh....I got the email and I have never bough anything from directly from the GN'R online store. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gaanzer said:

If there is one artist who cares about his audience, it's Nick Cave. His 'Conversations with...' shows are the epitome of giving back to the fans and enjoying their interest and affiliation with the artist and the man behind the performer. I had tickets for the canceled show and we have a date less than a month after the announcement. Be like Nick. 

It's just the reasonable thing to do isn't it? Reach out to fans, tell them the situation....then when you have the solution update them. 

Trying to pretend this tour is happening and still selling tickets for it is utterly ludicrous. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, themadcaplaughs said:

Huh....I got the email and I have never bough anything from directly from the GN'R online store. 

That's odd, it seems to have only gone to people who've purchased the Paradise City ticket package. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Simple Minds have NOT called of there shows this month as yet 

Just had a Email from BST TM or who ever you got tixs from will be in touch by May 6th

Edited by Gavin82
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EricA said:

If the tour is postponed and there is an reschedule date (in 2021), then the tickets will remain valid for the NEW date. Therefore, if somebody buys tickets now (nobody does in fact) these are tickets for a concert of atm unknown date, it's completely absurd, but unfortunately not criminal.


I have tickets to go see Godsmack/Halestorm for April 24th at the Prudential Center in NJ. The NJ rock station, WDHA, had a counter regarding the number of days, hours, minutes, and seconds for the show.  I had a feeling that something like this would happen in early March since I work at a news company. I kept checking the website for Godsmack, Halestorm, and WDHA. I even Google tour dates for Godsmack and Halestorm. Google had  the April 24th date up.  One day in late March, I saw that the date was taken down from Google. It went back up the next day. I texted my childhood friend what I saw. He and I both agreed something was up. Last week, I get an email from Prudential Center stating the concert he been postponed to next year. I get another email from TicketMaster stating that  the concert is postponed and tickets will be honored for April 23, 2021.  I then checked  WDHA. They took down the counter and explained on their website that the concert has been postponed. Neither Godsmack nor Halestorm issued statements. 

It sucks that TicketMaster will not issue refunds and I have to wait a year for the concert. I'm still waiting on hearing for GNR and Bon Jovi. Both concerts are supposed to happen in the same week of July. Due to my experience with the Godsmack/Halestorm show, I'm expecting to hear something when it gets closer to the date. I'm thinking that both bands are probably working with the venue and promoter on a date for a rescheduled shows as seems to be the case with Godsmack/Halestorm.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Draguns said:



It sucks that TicketMaster will not issue refunds and I have to wait a year for the concert. 

For me it's ok that tickets remain valid if the concert is postponed to next year. I would go anyways, also in 2021, so why should I return tickets now, and stress myself later to buy "the same" tix again? And in case of a complete cancelation, you'll clearly get a refund.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EricA said:

For me it's ok that tickets remain valid if the concert is postponed to next year. I would go anyways, also in 2021, so why should I return tickets now, and stress myself later to buy "the same" tix again? And in case of a complete cancelation, you'll clearly get a refund.

Exactly! My concern right now is more about my family, friends and I surviving this since NJ has the second most infections  and deaths. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EricA said:

Believe it or not , somebody at the band camp already recognized it :o

20200408_212331.thumb.jpg.3e7242d0b9ff4dbc3fa5716c413ed58c.jpg

Then was credible it info in the local radio. I guess that Brazil is same thing about the cancellation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Draguns said:

Exactly! My concern right now is more about my family, friends and I surviving this since NJ has the second most infections  and deaths. 

I know the situation is bad for you over there right now, try to stay safe, protect yourself, friends and family, as much as you can, i wish you all the best to stay healthy!!!

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I struggle to see how still selling tickets for shows planned in Europe for just over a month's time that will not be happening by law, and not mentioning it anywhere is a smart business move. 

People are quite rightly asking what is going on with the large amounts of money they've paid out for something that categorically isn't happening. 

They're the customers, and they're pissed off. The very definition of bad business. 

 

In that sense, of course, I agree. However it's more complicated than that given this is a global tour where different legal scenarios apply to different countries/states. I imagine the promotion company are scrambling to understand what is feasible vs. what is not and that is causing a challenging scenario. Look at the golf championships for example; you have 4 Major tournaments + 1 international tournament all governed by different bodies who all have different opinions of what "correct" looks like. If the band were to add a poorly thought-out statement to the circumstance it may only further, or incorrectly, add to the confusion.

23 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I'm not sure I understand your point. 

Are you saying that since GNR has always been terrible at communicating with and/or doing anything nice for their fans that they should just keep doing that? 

That's not what i'm saying but on reflection I understand why it would appear that way. What I mean is that Guns N' Roses, through no fault of their own, have found themselves in a chaotic situation where their previous ineptitude at communication is now being held against them. I'm merely trying to point out that perhaps by awaiting to see what is fact and what is fiction, they're perhaps making the smart play so not to further damage themselves/the tour/sales etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, W. Axl Kev said:

That's not what i'm saying but on reflection I understand why it would appear that way. What I mean is that Guns N' Roses, through no fault of their own, have found themselves in a chaotic situation where their previous ineptitude at communication is now being held against them. I'm merely trying to point out that perhaps by awaiting to see what is fact and what is fiction, they're perhaps making the smart play so not to further damage themselves/the tour/sales etc.

Yeah, but so has every other artist on Earth as well. The difference, as always, is that every other artist is finding a way to update and do cool things for their fans except for GNR. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Yeah, but so has every other artist on Earth as well. The difference, as always, is that every other artist is finding a way to update and do cool things for their fans except for GNR. 

If you're so anti-GN'R why bother? We know how it works these days so is it even worth worrying about? i spent around $700 on floor seats for me and my girlfriend at the show at MetLife Stadium in July. If they're unable to play I'll get the money back but I'm not holding it against the band. If anything they're not cancelling because they probably want it as much as we do. I'd rather they didn't confirm its canceled and hope that it happens and if it is canceled I'll know that they likely did everything they could've to ensure it happened.

I'm not picking a fight, I just can't see how that can be held against the band. They want to play and they will if they can. Surely?

  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, W. Axl Kev said:

If you're so anti-GN'R why bother? We know how it works these days so is it even worth worrying about? i spent around $700 on floor seats for me and my girlfriend at the show at MetLife Stadium in July. If they're unable to play I'll get the money back but I'm not holding it against the band. If anything they're not cancelling because they probably want it as much as we do. I'd rather they didn't confirm its canceled and hope that it happens and if it is canceled I'll know that they likely did everything they could've to ensure it happened.

I'm not picking a fight, I just can't see how that can be held against the band. They want to play and they will if they can. Surely?

No one is canceling or postponing right now. Live Nation will eventually make the call here (don’t think it looks good). They are a publicly traded company with a ton of $ up in the air right now. Nothing is being decided until it has to and with the mind for them to maneuver around this legally and mitigate their risk/liability 

As far as GNR and the expectations for them to do something? They’ve never done anything much beforehand so why is this any different? If the shows are scheduled they’ll show. If not they’ll rethink whatever it is they’re doing and go plan B 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, W. Axl Kev said:

If you're so anti-GN'R why bother? We know how it works these days so is it even worth worrying about? i spent around $700 on floor seats for me and my girlfriend at the show at MetLife Stadium in July. If they're unable to play I'll get the money back but I'm not holding it against the band. If anything they're not cancelling because they probably want it as much as we do. I'd rather they didn't confirm its canceled and hope that it happens and if it is canceled I'll know that they likely did everything they could've to ensure it happened.

I'm not picking a fight, I just can't see how that can be held against the band. They want to play and they will if they can. Surely?

I'm far from anti GNR, but I can also call a spade a spade. This has far less to do with when/if the shows actually happen and way more to do with the fact that GN'R continually proves that they really couldn't care less about their fans. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Yep. That was simply incredible really! 

I honestly think they could stay silent about things right up to the day of the first show as they did for the SA leg. 

They're the only band TELLING PEOPLE they're touring this summer........despite the fact that they aren't unless they fancy putting on some illegal shows in empty venues! 

I didnt think they would play mexico, and they proved me wrong 🤷‍♂️

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I'm far from anti GNR, but I can also call a spade a spade. This has far less to do with when/if the shows actually happen and way more to do with the fact that GN'R continually proves that they really couldn't care less about their fans. 

Ok, a little twilight zone for you. I was just down in the General Musings thread and they were talking about the proper way to use a spade, or shovel. I chuckled because that's what they call it in the UK. Then I come here and read your post about "calling a spade a spade." Guess I'm heading to YouTube to watch a performance of Ace Of Spades.😄

Edit: It wasn't in General Musings, it was in the Covid 19 thread.

Edited by lame ass security
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Draguns said:


It sucks that TicketMaster will not issue refunds and I have to wait a year for the concert. I'm still waiting on hearing for GNR and Bon Jovi. Both concerts are supposed to happen in the same week of July. Due to my experience with the Godsmack/Halestorm show, I'm expecting to hear something when it gets closer to the date. I'm thinking that both bands are probably working with the venue and promoter on a date for a rescheduled shows as seems to be the case with Godsmack/Halestorm.   

If the show doesn't take place on the date that is stated on your ticket, you're well within your rights to demand a refund. But like Erica said, what's the point when you wanna see them anyway. Unless you need the money. Or your seat is bad and you are hoping to get something better.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...