Jump to content

With the COVID virus, is it becoming more apparent that GnR only cares about money?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These are strange times. People around the world are isolated in their homes, cut off from loved ones, unable to attend almost all the social activities they normally would. And in the midst of all th

I just had a conversation about this the other day. If it wasn't for the sub forums and the great people on here, I wouldn't be here any longer. This band has become a miserable piece of shi

You asked, Duff answered, from Blabbermouth: GUNS N' ROSES bassist Duff McKagan spoke to Riki Rachtman Radio's "The Triple R" podcast about how he and his family are coping with quarantine life d

Posted Images

7 hours ago, guitarpatch said:

No one is canceling or postponing right now. Live Nation will eventually make the call here (don’t think it looks good). They are a publicly traded company with a ton of $ up in the air right now. Nothing is being decided until it has to and with the mind for them to maneuver around this legally and mitigate their risk/liability 

As far as GNR and the expectations for them to do something? They’ve never done anything much beforehand so why is this any different? If the shows are scheduled they’ll show. If not they’ll rethink whatever it is they’re doing and go plan B 

No, EVERYONE is cancelling or postponing right now. 

Please don't start this nonsense again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

No, EVERYONE is cancelling or postponing right now. 

Please don't start this nonsense again. 

That's simply not true. When I look at venues, lots of shows are still officially on for June. And yes, you can still buy tickets for those too.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, guitarpatch said:

No one is canceling or postponing right now. Live Nation will eventually make the call here (don’t think it looks good). They are a publicly traded company with a ton of $ up in the air right now. Nothing is being decided until it has to and with the mind for them to maneuver around this legally and mitigate their risk/liability 

As far as GNR and the expectations for them to do something? They’ve never done anything much beforehand so why is this any different? If the shows are scheduled they’ll show. If not they’ll rethink whatever it is they’re doing and go plan B 

Live Nation isnt making any calls, the governments are.  Most cities have revoked all permits for events.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Lio said:

That's simply not true. When I look at venues, lots of shows are still officially on for June. And yes, you can still buy tickets for those too.

Hold on.....are people trying to argue that  bands AREN'T cancelling and postponing tours and that shows in May and June are still happening?! 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Hold on.....are people trying to argue that  bands AREN'T cancelling and postponing tours and that shows in May and June are still happening?! 

 

 

No, you are trying to argue EVERYONE is canceling or postponing right now.

Which is untrue. Even if those concerts will more than likely all be postponed.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

Live Nation isnt making any calls, the governments are.  Most cities have revoked all permits for events.

Of course they are. But the same insistent trolls that played this game a few weeks ago are trying to tell us that 'no-one is cancelling or postponing'. 

They went quiet when, yep, the SA leg got cancelled/postponed. So they're trying the same game again. 

There's two truths:

The tour dates are not happening. They'd be breaking the law of they were. 

GNR know this yet really don't see the need to communicate anything to fans and would rather pretend they are still happening. 

Just now, Lio said:

No, you are trying to argue EVERYONE is canceling or postponing right now.

Which is untrue. Even if those concerts will more than likely all be postponed.

They are. Legally. If they haven't told their fans yet, the shame is on them. But everyone is cancelling. Unless they fancy a prison term! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Of course they are. But the same insistent trolls that played this game a few weeks ago are trying to tell us that 'no-one is cancelling or postponing'. 

They went quiet when, yep, the SA leg got cancelled/postponed. So they're trying the same game again. 

There's two truths:

The tour dates are not happening. They'd be breaking the law of they were. 

GNR know this yet really don't see the need to communicate anything to fans and would rather pretend they are still happening. 

They are. Legally. If they haven't told their fans yet, the shame is on them. But everyone is cancelling. Unless they fancy a prison term! 

What a drama to make. Lots of bands and musicians/promoters/managers/whoever involved, are working behind the scenes to find new dates. This is logical. Every week I get an update of various shows being postponed, with new dates. What do you want GNR to do? Say: it's canceled, we're working on a solution? Because then people will start worrying and moaning about getting money back blabla... And then when they find new dates, will all those people have to get new tickets? Imagine what a mess that would be. It would create so much confusion.

It makes much more sense to find new dates and then communicate everything at once. Some people will make drama everywhere.

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lio said:

What a drama to make. Lots of bands and musicians/promoters/managers/whoever involved, are working behind the scenes to find new dates. This is logical. Every week I get an update of various shows being postponed, with new dates. What do you want GNR to do? Say: it's canceled, we're working on a solution? Because then people will start worrying and moaning about getting money back blabla... And then when they find new dates, will all those people have to get new tickets? Imagine what a mess that would be. It would create so much confusion.

It makes much more sense to find new dates and then communicate everything at once. Some people will make drama everywhere.

 

Yeah - communicate, rather than still sell tickets for shows that aren't legally allowed to happen. 

How about doing what pretty much every other band is doing and saying "these shows aren't happening, we're looking into the solution at present". Instead it seems possible they'll take the SA approach- pretend to be oblivious to the fact all the dates have been cancelled, take Instagram shots from the air and travel to start the tour regardless. 

There would be zero confusion if there was communication. It's all about respecting the fanbase, recognizing people have spent hundreds on tickets and travel and reaching out to them. That it isn't happening is one of the reasons this thread is titled as it is. 

Many people will have based travel plans around these shows and want to know what's going on with their money. It's not 'drama' to them. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The governments have cancelled the shows. But Live Nation stated in their announcement of pausing the tours that they're looking at rescheduling. So probably that's what's happening. The shows of course are not going to happen on the originally scheduled dates but LN is trying to reschedule them at a later time and thus avoid massive refunds.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, James Bond said:

There are plenty of logistical reasons why someone might prefer a refund than hold out for a date a year later whether they want to go to the concert or not.

Maybe they purchased that $500 VIP package to their favourite band well in advance. Now they've become unemployed due to COVID and that $500 could be a big help right now.

Maybe with the future uncertain in terms of immediate travel they'd rather just have the money back in case they aren't able to get the same amount of time off work next year when the date eventually does happen.

Live Nation is a business, yes, but it is a huge slap in the face to change their refund policy in the wake of this when people are struggling. In the past, whenever an event was postponed you had the option to get a refund under the principle that hey, maybe this new date won't work for everybody.

I can't believe the people who are still whining on social media about "hoping my show in May/June still happens" and the like (not just for Guns, but in general). The writing is on the wall. For myself, concerts are the least of my concern right now. I'd rather see to it that my family is healthy and my finances are in check.

Didn't mean to go too off topic but I saw some discussion about the whole refund vs. holding on to tickets and thought I'd chime in with my thoughts.

There's also the issue that pretending these shows are still happening may lead to stupid people actually continuing with their plans for travelling to them, thinking they are going ahead and that it is fine to do so. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the worst band to be a fan of. Axl managed to release one album in 30 years since the UYI records. That tells us how much we can expect from him until he dies. He clearly doesn't wan't to release music or do anything other than playing the same concert for the last 20 years. Line ups change but the band is what it is. Minimum effort, give back nothing. Interaction Zero.

 

So much so they have convinced me to stop caring too, i guess we can all reminisce on what our favorite incarnation was and see their concerts or listen to the records they released but we can't expect them to do what obviously they don't like doing.

It's a shame when they have peers like metallica that seem so motivated to make music, create art and share it with their fan base. In fact most bands feel joy from this. Axl prefers to just "Shut up and sing". Oh well, i'm happy the tour got postponed, maybe i'll get my money back and i don't have to put up with a fat singer, out of breath that doesn't care about anything other than drinking soda and eating carbs in the couch all day.

 

Axl is pissing away a god given talent for over 30 years. His legacy will be procrastinating for 3 decades. I'm sad i believed in him for so long and actually though there was something else preventing him to release music and do what's expected of an artist. In fact he was just happy being himself.

 

 

Edited by Ifdworld
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

No, EVERYONE is cancelling or postponing right now. 

Please don't start this nonsense again. 

Yes. Out of all the bands I was slated to see this summer, only Queen has postponed. So you don't start the nonsense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yes. Out of all the bands I was slated to see this summer, only Queen has postponed. So you don't start the nonsense.

So you think everything else will go ahead then? 

The 'nonsense' is suggesting any tour will go ahead as certain users claim constantly. 

And the continued saga of GNR fans being treated like shit of course. 

Edited by allwaystired
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

So you think everything else will go ahead then? 

The 'nonsense' is suggesting any tour will go ahead as certain users claim constantly. 

Where did I say that? All I said is that so far only one act has confirmed that their tour is postponed. And I'm not slated for some club acts. I'm talking about arena and stadium acts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Where did I say that? All I said is that so far only one act has confirmed that their tour is postponed. And I'm not slated for some club acts. I'm talking about arena and stadium acts.

Well then other bands ability to sell tickets for shows that aren't happening is up there with GNR's! 

And if they really haven't communicated to fans that the shows aren't happening (I have no idea which bands we're talking about here) then their fan-communication skills are down there with GNR's! 

Trebles all round! 

The first GNR show is 5 weeks away now. Let's see how long it takes them to tell us it isn't happening......

Edited by allwaystired
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gunsguy said:

Live Nation isnt making any calls, the governments are.  Most cities have revoked all permits for events.

Which they are waiting on officially before they can officially announce postponement. However most summer dates across the board are already looking to be rescheduled. There’s a very little chance any of these shows happening. It’s just semantics at this point with a priority to whatever is printed on the back of the ticket 
 

This isn’t a GNR problem. This is across the board for most artists/promoters/venues. There’s nothing to officially update here. Everyone is in limbo until a decision is made, even though they may have a pretty good idea of what’s not going to happen 

 

Edited by guitarpatch
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

There's also the issue that pretending these shows are still happening may lead to stupid people actually continuing with their plans for travelling to them, thinking they are going ahead and that it is fine to do so. 

That's true as well, but I suppose we best leave that discussion to the COVID thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, themadcaplaughs said:

Is it to a select group of fans? I just figured it was to anyone who was on the Guns N' Roses email list. 

 

21 hours ago, RussTCB said:

From the email above on this page of the thread (I don't want to quote it because it's huge) it reads to me that it's only for people who bought a Paradise City package in the past. 

No I got one too but I haven't bought any Paradise City packages before.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

 

No I got one too but I haven't bought any Paradise City packages before.

Ah, OK. Well, in any case you've been specifically chosen to have the opportunity to spend more money on GN'R! Congrats! :lol:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, El Guapo said:

NOTHING is stopping Axl, Slash or Duff from shooting a message out to fans/ ticket buyers.

They just don't give a fuck. 

And that's exactly what this whole thread boils down to. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

My interpretation of how Guns operate is that it (media relations) seemingly has all been parceled out to some generic ice cold third party whose sole purpose is basically selling stuff. It isn't even as if Fernando and so forth bother now (even when he was slagging the fans off, at least that was communication of sorts). Everything seems delegated to some corporate distant organisation. That is my observation. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...