With the COVID virus, is it becoming more apparent that GnR only cares about money?

11 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

You do know there is a worldwide pandemic that no one expected, right? You do know there is plenty of people who own and live from shops that have been closed for over a month on lots of countries that will probably have to close, right? Most of this people would be able to buy a concert ticket on a normal situation and wouldn’t have to suffer for doing it. Well, I’m sorry for being the one to tell you this but, this is not a normal situation and people are doing what they can to survive. 

Honestly, on what kind of bubble do you live in? Who the FUCK would’ve known that when the Gn’R tickets were announced for sale, a few months later a invisible virus that is literally destroying the entire planet’s economics would’ve surfaced?

This is not the first post from you were you vomit this stupid, selfish and meritocratic thinking. Please take a look around you. Thank you.

I believe the point he was trying to make is the general practice of having a "buffer" of sorts is a good idea, established during times of normality.

This would include a "rainy day" or emergency/savings fund, extra supplies kept on hand like water, non-perishable food, soap, TP, a generator with fuel reserve, munitions, etc. It sounds expensive at face-value, but over a few months, A LOT of preparations can take place that build up into something that would make one sleep better at night. A virus or pandemic is only one of many reasons to have such preparations in place and in practice, in additional to a job loss, economic recession, unexpected legal action, natural disaster, extended power outage, etc.

I've been given some shit over the years for being what some consider a "prepper" and seemingly having an abundance of supplies on hand, but I've learned it to be best to just keep my mouth shut, and carry on. I've been able to help some loved ones/friends and family through this with the supplies I've collected, and welcome them to stay at my place should things get worse.

I made a basic video about preparedness a few weeks back:

Edited by Sweersa
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Obviously when a concert doesn't happen on the promised date, people should have the option to return their tickets. Never said anything else.

As for the second part of the question: Oh, look at all the offended people here tonight. Fuming at the mouth, too stupid and offended to get what I was saying. Well, to answer to you and to others. Yeah, if you can't afford it, you shouldn't buy overpriced tickets to a rock show. If it means, less food on the table, because 500 $ is a huge sum to you, then you probably shouldn't do it. If you don't have enough savings to get by for a while, when loosing your job or any other unforseen thing, without having to beg for that money back, then yes, it probably is not a smart and responsible thing to pay that sum in the first place.

It has nothing to do with privilege or that enjoyment for the low paid should being outlawed.... What a stupid thing to say. It has to do with being responsible and smart with your money. Expect the unexpected. Have a backup plan and savings. If that offends you. Well. 2 bad. I heed to my advice and don't have to worry and ask for my ticket money back, as I buy the stuff that is within my means. I'm responsible with my money, even though I go to a lot of rock shows. I'm not paying 500 $ for a stupid concert ticket, when I could get one for 150 $ that gives me the same, just without the fancy stuff. I don't pay 200 $ for a hotel, when I could get one for 70. I don't book stuff, that is uncancelable. The list goes on.

The only one who seems to be offended here is you. Apparently it is a problem for you if others don't conform to your standards of living. Not to mention all the examples I provided were hypothetical - points against Live Nation's dumb new policy. If someone decides that their concert/fun money is put to better use in light of the current world situation, then that's their prerogative regardless of if they have savings or not. Again, hypothetical. You're getting angry at the air. Perhaps you need to get some.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GNRfanMILO said:

You do know there is a worldwide pandemic that no one expected, right? You do know there is plenty of people who own and live from shops that have been closed for over a month on lots of countries that will probably have to close, right? Most of this people would be able to buy a concert ticket on a normal situation and wouldn’t have to suffer for doing it. Well, I’m sorry for being the one to tell you this but, this is not a normal situation and people are doing what they can to survive. 

Honestly, on what kind of bubble do you live in? Who the FUCK would’ve known that when the Gn’R tickets were announced for sale, a few months later a invisible virus that is literally destroying the entire planet’s economics would’ve surfaced?

You clearly didn't understand a single word I said. Why? I'll never know. Maybe reading it again would help, or stay offended if you want. I don't care.

This is not the first post from you were you vomit this stupid, selfish and meritocratic thinking. Please take a look around you. Thank you.

Don't even know what you're talking about here. But Whatever. As for looking around, I see people, who are prepared, don't have to worry. Others have to sell their tickets.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, James Bond said:

The only one who seems to be offended here is you. Apparently it is a problem for you if others don't conform to your standards of living. Not to mention all the examples I provided were hypothetical - points against Live Nation's dumb new policy. If someone decides that their concert/fun money is put to better use in light of the current world situation, then that's their prerogative regardless of if they have savings or not. Again, hypothetical. You're getting angry at the air. Perhaps you need to get some.

Who says I'm offended and/or angry? I'm mostly amused, by the people who rather choose to be offended and wants to hit back (you) than to think and understand (and by the people who make stupid financial decisions and then have to worry... but that's an observation, not a problem). It kinda figures. But whatever. I'm set and got nothing to worry about. And all of that due to choices I've made. I won't have to return the concert tickets I've bought for this year to get by. I can ride it out.

Edited by PatrickS77

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

He pretty much expects everyone to be able to live the way he does or they are somehow stupid. Classic head in the clouds syndrome. 

57 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

He pretty much expects everyone to be able to live the way he does or they are somehow stupid. Classic head in the clouds syndrome. 

Nope. The ones with heads in the clouds are the ones too stupid to get what I was saying and rather choose to be offended. Not buying shit you can't afford has nothing to do with being or not being able to live like someone. It's just simple logics. You either do it and suffer the consequences or you don't and have peace of mind. And when 500 $ puts someone in a pickle, well, then the person couldn't afford it.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Obviously when a concert doesn't happen on the promised date, people should have the option to return their tickets. Never said anything else.

As for the second part of the question: Oh, look at all the offended people here tonight. Fuming at the mouth, too stupid and offended to get what I was saying. Well, to answer to you and to others. Yeah, if you can't afford it, you shouldn't buy overpriced tickets to a rock show. If it means, less food on the table, because 500 $ is a huge sum to you, then you probably shouldn't do it. If you don't have enough savings to get by for a while, when loosing your job or any other unforseen thing, without having to beg for that money back, then yes, it probably is not a smart and responsible thing to pay that sum in the first place.

It has nothing to do with privilege or that enjoyment for the low paid should being outlawed.... What a stupid thing to say. It has to do with being responsible and smart with your money. Expect the unexpected. Have a backup plan and savings. If that offends you. Well. 2 bad. I heed to my advice and don't have to worry and ask for my ticket money back, as I buy the stuff that is within my means. I'm responsible with my money, even though I go to a lot of rock shows. I'm not paying 500 $ for a stupid concert ticket, when I could get one for 150 $ that gives me the same, just without the fancy stuff. I don't pay 200 $ for a hotel, when I could get one for 70. I don't book stuff, that is uncancelable. The list goes on.

Well, I guess being responsible in this situation would be getting the money back instead of spending your savings right away, when we don't even know for how long this pandemic will be around, right? No need to call "dipshit" a person who made a big sacrifice in order to see their favourite band and getting the best possible experience out of it, and now could really prefer a refund before spending their savings, as this pandemic fits every definition of a fortuitous event. 

Also, it would be great if you made one post at a time. It's very uncomfortable having to go through 10 different posts of yours on every single page :)

Untill GnR tell us whats happening no 1 knows say they knock this back too summer 2021 it is a long time too wait like me ive got 4 x  GA for London & they have not even sent out the tixs yet 

The people with multi shows this year yeah it can be a pain with multi tixs hanging around like

2 x The Who

4 x GnR

3 X Pearl Jam 

It does add up too have just sat around

2 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

There is a good read in NME online a Dr is saying he thinks concerts & festivals will be the last thing too be lifted hes saying he cant see any shows in UK too summer 2021

I cant post the link @ mo

I've heard that many times here in the US. I don't doubt it at all. Real bummer for music lovers, but totally understandable. 

2 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

There is a good read in NME online a Dr is saying he thinks concerts & festivals will be the last thing too be lifted hes saying he cant see any shows in UK too summer 2021

I cant post the link @ mo

That was an American doctor saying that about shows in the US, but I think it'll be the same in the UK, and elsewhere. https://www.nme.com/news/music/coronavirus-healthcare-expert-predicts-concerts-and-festivals-will-not-return-until-autumn-2021-2645626

Seeing as experts are now predicting the UK to be the worst hit country in the whole of Europe, it could be longer of course. 

Still no word on the tour dates? 

Edited by allwaystired

51 minutes ago, Kula2006 said:

Yep. Anyone who spent money on tickets for the rest of 2020, needs to not count on getting that money back. 

Any concert promoters are going to "postpone" concerts instead of canceling them, which means no one will be getting their money back. 

The immediate downside is that most fans are going to take to social media blaming that bands, not the promoters. 

However, I'm wondering if maybe the long term impact might be concert tickets lowering in price. 

A lot of fans may buy way less tickets in advance going forward. If so, prices could and should drop due to supply and demand. 

29 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Yep. Anyone who spent money on tickets for the rest of 2020, needs to not count on getting that money back. 

Any concert promoters are going to "postpone" concerts instead of canceling them, which means no one will be getting their money back. 

The immediate downside is that most fans are going to take to social media blaming that bands, not the promoters. 

However, I'm wondering if maybe the long term impact might be concert tickets lowering in price. 

A lot of fans may buy way less tickets in advance going forward. If so, prices could and should drop due to supply and demand. 

I don't want my money back. I just want to still see the artists I bought tickets for. And if that takes 2 years I'm fine with that too. As long as it happens. 

Fun fact: It's just 4 gigs. But at least all of those artists have taken the time to reach out to their fanbase and support them during these times. 

Edited by username

1 minute ago, username said:

I don't want my money back. I just want to still see the artists I bought tickets for. And if that takes 2 years I'm fine with that too. As long as it happens. 

Same here. If the old tickets are good for a future concert, I'm cool with that. Even attempting to get a refund is a MPITA.

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

not all.  I just got an email from ticket master that Alice Cooper cancelled and I can expext a refund in 30 days.  If you buy a ticket for a certain day, thats what you pay for.  If they cant hold up their part of the deal, you get your money back.  

7 minutes ago, fabrph5 said:

not all.  I just got an email from ticket master that Alice Cooper cancelled and I can expext a refund in 30 days.  If you buy a ticket for a certain day, thats what you pay for.  If they cant hold up their part of the deal, you get your money back.  

Not anymore. That's what's changed. 

If it's postponed and you can't make the new date.....Ticketmaster have decided to fuck you over. In America this is. 

On another note - even in the UK, Ticketmaster keeps all the fees it charges. So the BST run of shows (various artists play this) in Hyde Park, London have all been cancelled. Capacity there is 70,000 - say Ticketmaster charge £10 a ticket in fees (the reality is actually higher than that, but for the sake of argument I'll say £10). 

That means Ticketmaster are making £700,000 a night there for shows that aren't actually happening. 

Something to think about!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, username said:

Fun fact: It's just 4 gigs. But at least all of those artists have taken the time to reach out to their fanbase and support them during these times. 

I only had tickets for two more concerts so far this year: Kaleo, which was very inexpensive and Roger Waters, which was around $120 I think? I don't care about getting the money back on either. Roger already postponed to next year, so I'm good to wait. Kaleo are booked into a really small venue, so I'm guessing that'll get moved to the fall. 

34 minutes ago, fabrph5 said:

Lol, OK, so not "all". How about "the greater majority" or "very close to most". Good? Also:

23 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

If it's postponed and you can't make the new date.....Ticketmaster have decided to fuck you over. In America this is. 

On another note - even in the UK, Ticketmaster keeps all the fees it charges. So the BST run of shows (various artists play this) in Hyde Park, London have all been cancelled. Capacity there is 70,000 - say Ticketmaster charge £10 a ticket in fees (the reality is actually higher than that, but for the sake of argument I'll say £10). 

That means Ticketmaster are making £700,000 a night there for shows that aren't actually happening. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

You’re correct. I recently read some equity research on Live Nation. They have $3bn of cash on their balance sheet.  About $1bn to $1.5bn is in advanced ticket sales. 

LN has high fixed costs, which I assume is driven by the venues they manage and/or own. If concerts are delayed for over a year, LN could have a real liquidity issue. 

At some point, they will have to refund. I hope there is a class action lawsuit per your point on them switching their refund policy 

• Like 1

There's no way any concerts will happen for the rest of the year.

Like I said before, the new Ranger Stadium hasn't even opened yet, so there's no way Texas would allow concerts before the Rangers play a baseball game.

I think the states and cities will start cancelling these concerts once the dates get closer. It sucks, but come on!