Iceland 2018 Soundboard has leaked (No links or requests)

2 hours ago, MattyIce3924 said:

Obviously a big takeaway is how far Axl’s pipes have really slipped down. That’s not to hate on him or anything, it’s more tragic than anything really. 

But also this was pretty eye opening for me in the sense that Frank is not right for this band. I’m not even a Frank basher or anything, and I happen to think he’s a great drummer. But he is not the right man for this job.

Axl, Slash and Duff think he is.

7 hours ago, Towelie said:

Isn't it amazing how so many of us are clamoring for new music from a guy who hasn't been able to sing his own songs without sounding like Herbert the Pervert for over a decade? Factor in that he hasn't made a successful album since 1991, and hasn't released any music at all for 12 years and it really reflects badly on us, more than him at this stage. Why the fuck do we still care?

This is a GN'R world.

Man, something really went wrong with Axl's voice after the 2016 gigs. We've seen stages before where his voice wasn't at its best (2012/2013), but it was never like this. Specifically the scream in KOHD, Madagascar, Jungle scream, Coma.

As fun as it was hearing Axl sing AC/DC like it was the 90s all over again, it has done some serious damage that he might never recover from.

• Like 1

I'm pretty stoked to have an HQ version of Slither, pretty bummed that SOYL is one of the timing issue performances. The only other thing from the gig I listened to was Happy Birthday Slash but I can't complain, stoked to have some new GN'R to listen to even it's just a VR cover lol.

15 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

You are a fun person all you do is bitch about Axl dammed if he does dammed if he doesn't. 

"Damned if he does"? Does what? I bitch because he does fuck all. If he released a surprise album tomorrow I would be his biggest supporter.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1

Ahh first thing is, this mix is very dry and vocals are very high in the mix. That’s why you hear ALL what is wrong with his voice. With some solid mastering and studio work this could sound very good, I’d say better than AFDemocracy.

Second thing, I don’t even think he sound as bad as some of you making it. He sounds rough at moments, but some songs and parts are not bad really. Do not act like this is the worst show ever. We all heard much, much worse.

7 minutes ago, thomasmcole said:

Man, something really went wrong with Axl's voice after the 2016 gigs. We've seen stages before where his voice wasn't at its best (2012/2013), but it was never like this. Specifically the scream in KOHD, Madagascar, Jungle scream, Coma.

As fun as it was hearing Axl sing AC/DC like it was the 90s all over again, it has done some serious damage that he might never recover from.

It's all just accumulated damage. Since 2002 he's kept pushing his voice unnaturally. 

10 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

Such a shame.  I freaking love Gn'R, but I have no desire to listen to this recording.  All due to Axl.  Frank isn't the problem.  

GNR fans blaming Frank for how bad the band sound live is akin to blaming American Airlines for Flight 11 crashing into the World Trade Centre.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Towelie said:

GNR fans blaming Frank for how bad the band sound live is akin to blaming American Airlines for Flight 11 crashing into the World Trade Centre.

I think it's more along the lines of Frank being the drunk friend who spurred the driver on as they crashed. Axl is the driver in this scenario though, for sure.

i just finished it, it's a good mix all things considered but there are voice cracks everywhere... i don't know how much longer he can keep up with this level...

and the whole segment between wish you were here and KOHD takes over 50 minutes of the show FFS...