Iceland 2018 Soundboard has leaked (No links or requests)

1 hour ago, nico-ferro said:

meh, he is singing so bad that its not even enjoyable when stuff like this leaks. hopefully theres going to be something else in the horizon. otherwise back to hardschool perhaps and atlas for the 500th time

Haha that's how it is for me. 

I actually really like the way Axl sounds on all of those songs you mention, my fav being Hardschool in every way, vocals, instruments, etc. Hardschool is a great blend of his clean singing voice we get a lot on CD, and fast rasp, and some between stuff. Perhaps has a bit of it too. Atlas is like Catcher as far as Axl's singing, except faster in the former.

2 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

My NITL holy grail would be a soundboard with this quality but from any of the NA 2016 shows. That was Gn'R at it's absolute best since 2010. Unfortunately I don't think there's anything even being hoarded.

I said similar - why does a 2016 IEM/soundboard never leak (apart from Vegas)?!

44 minutes ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

So how do people intercept and collect these IEM signals at shows? It’s all just confusing to me on how people get their hands on this stuff

Yeah - I’ve always wondered that too?

On 12/04/2020 at 11:46 AM, Towelie said:

Isn't it amazing how so many of us are clamoring for new music from a guy who hasn't been able to sing his own songs without sounding like Herbert the Pervert for over a decade? Factor in that he hasn't made a successful album since 1991, and hasn't released any music at all for 12 years and it really reflects badly on us, more than him at this stage. Why the fuck do we still care?

Pretty much this. In retrospect it's a total shock he a) released Chinese Democracy and b) it was any good. He has pissed away the last 30 years of his career and is now a talentless hack. Last time Axl cared was probably 2006, maybe earlier.

• Haha 2

On 4/12/2020 at 7:50 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

Some of the 2002 soundboards were stolen during the riot in Philly, and everything else from 2006-2018 (aside from officially broadcast shows) is an IEM recording, which means someone recorded the signal coming from Axl's mic pack to the soundboard. (I think that's how it works but not 100% sure)

The San Juan 2010 proshot, 2009 rehearsals and some random screen-videos were saved on a server owned by Grey Matter, though.

4 hours ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

So how do people intercept and collect these IEM signals at shows? It’s all just confusing to me on how people get their hands on this stuff

The idea is, if you can figure out what frequency the IEM feed is being broadcast from the board to the monitors at, you can tap into that and record it. If you can tap into multiple IEM feeds, you can simulate a soundboard recording. IEM recordings don’t come from inside sources, these are just regular tapers doing these. They’re not “leaks”. 

This is a pretty crude IEM recording, sounds like it’s just a single IEM feed. Some of the IEM matrixes are pretty amazing, check out anything from XAVEL if you want to hear how IEM feeds can be manipulated. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Use Your Delusion 1 said:

Pretty much this. In retrospect it's a total shock he a) released Chinese Democracy and b) it was any good. He has pissed away the last 30 years of his career and is now a talentless hack. Last time Axl cared was probably 2006, maybe earlier.

I always felt the reason CD was released was because of UMG just wanting it out there, and sick of sitting on album that was , 8 years on still being worked on.  There was not one single released that i heard on any oz rock radio station released from the album. Lustening to the 2000 intentions album, 2 to 3 singles could have been released. OZ rock radio have though played SOYL.

Edited by Sydney Fan

Just now, Creed said:

Autotune, etc can make him sound good. His voice on the This i Love Remix is totally different than the Mickey Mouse shit we've got on CD.

I don't think he needs autotune to sound good on studio. Singing live for 3 hours, 3 times a week, running around the stage is very different to singing in a studio setup. 

Even in 2001-2002 he had some serious trouble singing live, but still could sound amazing on studio (as he does on the whole Chinese Democracy album imo, eventhough most vocal takes are from 99-2000 apparently).

I think we can take Rock the rock as an example of what he's capable of these days. I just wished we could have got a live album from the 2006-2007 or the 2009-2010 era, when he was vocally at his best form since the old days. 

10 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

2018 was a v rough year for Axl's vocals.

2019+2020 seem miles better.

Will be glad to hear pretty tied up once they're back on the road.

Well he will have had plenty of rest. I wouldn’t expect any concerts to take place until Q2 of 2021. These large mass events will be the last thing to resume. 

3 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

The idea is, if you can figure out what frequency the IEM feed is being broadcast from the board to the monitors at, you can tap into that and record it. If you can tap into multiple IEM feeds, you can simulate a soundboard recording. IEM recordings don’t come from inside sources, these are just regular tapers doing these. They’re not “leaks”. 

This is a pretty crude IEM recording, sounds like it’s just a single IEM feed. Some of the IEM matrixes are pretty amazing, check out anything from XAVEL if you want to hear how IEM feeds can be manipulated. 

It's fascinating that people can actually tap into those frequencies and do that. I assume you have to be in very close proximity to do it.

4 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

It's fascinating that people can actually tap into those frequencies and do that. I assume you have to be in very close proximity to do it.

A few hundred feet, yeah. Fairly sure they all use analog systems for IEM feeds, so they would be fairly trivial to tap into (no encryption).

They will all work within a particular frequency range; conceptually it's not much different to tuning your car stereo into an FM radio station. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1