Iceland 2018 Soundboard has leaked (No links or requests)

25 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

I did a quick scrub through.

I wonder how Axl would sound if he weren't fat and he had a vocal coach.

The mid range razor is there. Chinese, Easy, etc. It's a bit of a side-mouth thing but it works.

Slash is dreadful. Off key, sloppy, no body to the sound. The Blue Haired Wonder is terrible. 

Frank and Fortus carrying this operation on their back doe. 

More CD-era leaks, please. 

He has a vocal coach.

6 hours ago, fantomas said:

My wife just walked in and said "What the fuck are you listening to? It's fucking dreadful. It sounds like two drunk cats mating". I really can't argue this point. There are fleeting moments where his greatness shines through, then there are far more moments where I think, maybe it's good he isn't recording anymore because this is just fucking awful and it's quite clear why he wants all YouTube videos gone.

Funnily enough - my wife said EXACTLY this......but I was listening to SCOM........from Download 2006....so one of his better years!!!!

We were actually there and don’t remember it being bad but these IEMs really highlight the issues with vocals being so high in the ‘mix’. And he has been dodgy on SCOM for years and years anyway.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, WildStar said:

I was at this show and Axl didn't sound this bad live. I haven't listened to it all yet. Some of the songs sound really rough but Patience and Whitchita sounded good. Madagascar was pretty ropey. 

I think when you're at a show, in the moment, it all just seems fine......which I suppose in a lot of ways is all that matters. 

I've not listened to this yet, and sounds like I probably don't need to! 

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

I think when you're at a show, in the moment, it all just seems fine......which I suppose in a lot of ways is all that matters. 

I've not listened to this yet, and sounds like I probably don't need to! 

Yeah I've never felt Axl's singing was so bad in person other than Slither. 

There's a few good bits on here. It's worth a listen. 

I was at Berlin 2018. It was obvious Axl was bad. He even said so himself and then they cut a bunch of songs because he just couldn’t sing. Still enjoyed it though. 

Even the 2016 vocals are hugely overrated on here. They are passable, but that’s it. 

• Like 1

Just flicked through Easy, Jungle, Better, This I Love, Madagascar...

actually kinda surprised. He is not remotely coasting through on falsetto. He is trying SO FUCKING HARD with what he's got left. He is shredding and rasping all over the place. He is not pussying out of high notes and going for everything. Some parts sound really good and i'm surprised the top range is still there. He totally goes for the first high scream in Madagascar with rasp and it's ok, then his voice absolutely cracks when he tries the same before the solo. 

His voice is just fucked. But nobody can tell me he isn't giving 100% and using shitloads of rasp as much as he can, at least on those songs. 

I'm not saying it's a fun listen, just saying he really is doing his best. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

Even the 2016 vocals are hugely overrated on here. They are passable, but that’s it. 

The difference between 2016 and 2017-20 is night and day really. Yea he still sounded weak on songs like Nov Rain and SCOM, but the seemingly effortless rasp on songs like Jungle, LALD, Out Ta Get Me, This I Love etc. sounded pretty good... the NA 2016 leg was the best he's sounded in the last 8 years or so. Not as great as he used to be, but for the most part at least he still sounded like Axl Rose.

The rasp on this Iceland bootleg is just painful to listen to though. He simply can't do it, he sounds like he's swallowed a cheese grater and is about to spit out his vocal chords. :no:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sweersa said:

I've heard it's not even worth listening to. 

It's a true bummer for me that there's a soundboard out there of GN'R and I can't even bring myself to waste the click based on what I've heard about it. 

• Like 2

Well, if you really want a IEM recording of Slither and SOYL, then it's worth downloading I guess. Especially the 'remastered' version, it sounds way better and it's individually tracked. He even sounds pretty decent on Slither (aside from the chorus). But as a whole show, it's pretty rough.

It's pretty sad that we have about 10 high-quality (IEM or soundboard) recordings from the NITL tour, and you could maybe make one decent live album out of the best performances from all those shows.

2 hours ago, Jordan Rose said:

Just flicked through Easy, Jungle, Better, This I Love, Madagascar...

actually kinda surprised. He is not remotely coasting through on falsetto. He is trying SO FUCKING HARD with what he's got left.

This was my impression after listening to that Mexico 2020 gig. He seems to be trying hard.

I'm disappointed by a lot in the Gn'R world but ripping on Axl's performances is low-hanging fruit. 

Edited by Wagszilla

If you enjoyed the Apollo show, I see no reason why you won't enjoy this one.

Chinese, Wichita Lineman and Slither are the big highlights for me. I've seen a few comments regarding Axl's way of singing Slither, but that last verse is absolutely killer.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Well, if you really want a IEM recording of Slither and SOYL, then it's worth downloading I guess. Especially the 'remastered' version, it sounds way better and it's individually tracked. He even sounds pretty decent on Slither (aside from the chorus). But as a whole show, it's pretty rough.

It's pretty sad that we have about 10 high-quality (IEM or soundboard) recordings from the NITL tour, and you could maybe make one decent live album out of the best performances from all those shows.

tbh if any of these were mixed properly they'd probably be fine for a live album. 

I'd have said a 2012 live album would suck but appetite for democracy sounded fine once it was put together (also incredibly rare for a band like GNR at the time to release a live album with no overdubs). 

TBH, I didn't think it was terrible. No, it's not 2016, but I'd argue he sounded better here than some of the 2017 shows. You can tell he really is trying, even if it's not all there. It was one of the less... horrifying... versions of Coma I've heard since 2016. He power during the last verse kinda shocked me.

Overall, it's meh, but I'd probably listen to this over the Apollo or Japan 2017 IEMs that came out. I'd love to get an IEM from one of the shows with Locomotive and Dead Horse, now that we have Slither and SOYL in high quality.

My favorite part was Axl getting amused by some guy getting thrown out of the crowd and the security guys giving him a giant wedgie. Peak cracking jokes form.

• GNFNR 1

On 4/14/2020 at 1:09 AM, Wagszilla said:

I did a quick scrub through.

I wonder how Axl would sound if he weren't fat and he had a vocal coach.

The mid range razor is there. Chinese, Easy, etc. It's a bit of a side-mouth thing but it works.

Slash is dreadful. Off key, sloppy, no body to the sound. The Blue Haired Wonder is terrible. 

Frank and Fortus carrying this operation on their back doe. 

More CD-era leaks, please. 

I don't actually tend to notice Melissa, which means, in my opinion, she's doing her job of playing samples, synths, keys etc. Maybe I'm not listening to the right thing? 

Fortus is quite great, love his playing. Hopefully he can have more leads on CD tracks. Slash's tone has been off for me since his Velvet Revolver days. UYI Slash sounds like an axe in the air that could cut a car in half. Frank's kit sounds off to me, if he went back to his older kit (if it's a different one from the 2010 tour) or just playing style from then, then I would love frank.

I think Axl could sound much better, but he can't salvage his mid-range. The stuff that screams Axl. My example is playing You're Crazy from the 2012 Chicago show. You know it's Axl signing, even with the terrible 2012 voice. Compare that to anything he sings today. It's just not there

Edited by UsedYourIllusion

On 4/13/2020 at 10:56 PM, highvoltage said:

A few hundred feet, yeah. Fairly sure they all use analog systems for IEM feeds, so they would be fairly trivial to tap into (no encryption).

They will all work within a particular frequency range; conceptually it's not much different to tuning your car stereo into an FM radio station. 

I was just wondering, if you can pick up these signals could you also reverse that and transmit? If you were willing and had the equipment. For example, if you could tap into their frequency with a wireless mic and whatever is used, could someone go out over their sound system? Just curious.

Edited by lame ass security

Some people on here are happy with just about anything. He really sounds terrible, and it is worse that 2016. It's worse than the Apollo and LA shows (which I couldn't listen to start to finish either).

My NITL soundboard playlist looks like this:

It's So Easy - LA 2017

Mr. Brownstone - Harlem 2017

Chinese Democracy - Harlem 2017

Welcome To The Jungle - Coachella 2016

Double Talkin Jive - Harlem 2017

Attitude - Harlem 2017

Sorry - LA 2017

Wichita Lineman - LA 2017

Nightrain - Coachella 2016