Iceland 2018 Soundboard has leaked (No links or requests)

1 hour ago, F*ck Fear said:

Some people on here are happy with just about anything. He really sounds terrible, and it is worse that 2016. It's worse than the Apollo and LA shows (which I couldn't listen to start to finish either).

My NITL soundboard playlist looks like this:

It's So Easy - LA 2017

Mr. Brownstone - Harlem 2017

Chinese Democracy - Harlem 2017

Welcome To The Jungle - Coachella 2016

Double Talkin Jive - Harlem 2017

Attitude - Harlem 2017

Sorry - LA 2017

Wichita Lineman - LA 2017

Nightrain - Coachella 2016

I'd also add Live And Let Die, This I Love and Coma from Vegas 2016 (2nd night). Maybe Slash's guitar solo and Don't Cry from San Diego 2017 too. But yea that's a good list.

Catcher > Sorry tho. :P

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, James Bond said:

I just pretend that Houston 2016 is a soundboard and am much better off for it. It's available in excellent quality anyways.

I have never been able to listen to any whole shows from the reunion aside from ones I went to. I remember songs from this being pretty good though. Is it worth downloading? To put it in perspective, I was at the first Vegas show and have heard people say he sounded great that night but I have never been able to listen to that whole show. 

25 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I have never been able to listen to any whole shows from the reunion aside from ones I went to. I remember songs from this being pretty good though. Is it worth downloading? To put it in perspective, I was at the first Vegas show and have heard people say he sounded great that night but I have never been able to listen to that whole show. 

A lot of people rate the Detroit show pretty highly but in my opinion Houston is the best of the 2016 shows. It's the most consistent and even the usual weaker spots are listenable. Axl was definitely on that night.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, James Bond said:

A lot of people rate the Detroit show pretty highly but in my opinion Houston is the best of the 2016 shows. It's the most consistent and even the usual weaker spots are listenable. Axl was definitely on that night.

Can confirm. I was there. It was my first ever GN'R show and I was completely blown away. :heart:

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

I know there is a huge lack of studio and live material officialy released by the band, but keep the faith people. I know it's very difficult doing it regarding the band, but let's have some hope. I'm saying that, because, for example, the Led Zeppelin's reunion concert happened in 2007 and it was only released as a live CD/DVD in 2012, in other words, after 5 years, but it was released. Maybe it happens with a 2016 concert of the Guns N' Roses too. I'm not here trying to defend the band, argue with somebody or something like this, but I'm trying to say it may happen.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

Some people on here are happy with just about anything. He really sounds terrible, and it is worse that 2016. It's worse than the Apollo and LA shows (which I couldn't listen to start to finish either).

I'm in no way saying i'd choose to listen to it for fun, it's just clear to me that he's really giving 100% and doing his absolute best, sad as that is. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, diegodasilva23 said:

I know there is a huge lack of studio and live material officialy released by the band, but keep the faith people. I know it's very difficult doing it regarding the band, but let's have some hope. I'm saying that, because, for example, the Led Zeppelin's reunion concert happened in 2007 and it was only released as a live CD/DVD in 2012, in other words, after 5 years, but it was released. Maybe it happens with a 2016 concert of the Guns N' Roses too. I'm not here trying to defend the band, argue with somebody or something like this, but I'm trying to say it may happen.

The Led Zeppelin DVD came out for a few reasons:

- LZ did not play any other shows - no opportunity for a DVD from a later date
- No other opportunity to see them live - 20 million people registered for tickets for that show (including half this forum at the time!)
- There was huge buzz about the show itself that continued years later. There was massive demand for the release.

You can't really say the same for a GN'R gig from 2016. I love your enthusiasm but I don't think it's a realistic comparison.

• Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, highvoltage said:

The Led Zeppelin DVD came out for a few reasons:

- LZ did not play any other shows - no opportunity for a DVD from a later date
- No other opportunity to see them live - 20 million people registered for tickets for that show (including half this forum at the time!)
- There was huge buzz about the show itself that continued years later. There was massive demand for the release.

You can't really say the same for a GN'R gig from 2016. I love your enthusiasm but I don't think it's a realistic comparison.

Yeah but it's not much to ask for 1 DVD release out of all the shows they played since 2016. They could even select songs from different gigs rather than one full show. Anything 

29 minutes ago, WildStar said:

Yeah but it's not much to ask for 1 DVD release out of all the shows they played since 2016. They could even select songs from different gigs rather than one full show. Anything 

The problem is that's the obvious thing to do but we're talking about Guns N' Roses.

On 4/14/2020 at 7:18 PM, Jordan Rose said:

Just flicked through Easy, Jungle, Better, This I Love, Madagascar...

actually kinda surprised. He is not remotely coasting through on falsetto. He is trying SO FUCKING HARD with what he's got left. He is shredding and rasping all over the place. He is not pussying out of high notes and going for everything. Some parts sound really good and i'm surprised the top range is still there. He totally goes for the first high scream in Madagascar with rasp and it's ok, then his voice absolutely cracks when he tries the same before the solo. 

His voice is just fucked. But nobody can tell me he isn't giving 100% and using shitloads of rasp as much as he can, at least on those songs. 

I'm not saying it's a fun listen, just saying he really is doing his best. 

Trying your best during the show when you don't bother to rehearse or work with a vocal coach beforehand to get your voice performance-ready means jack shit. 

That's like Slash getting up there and being slow and sloppy but "trying his best." If he doesn't put in the practise everyday his speed is going to decline, his bends are going to to be off and he is going to suck, no matter how hard he pushes himself during the shows. And it's exactly the same with a singer. It means fuck all if you haven't prepared, and it's painfully obvious Axl doesn't put in the effort required to make his vocals better for the shows.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, diegodasilva23 said:

I would rather them release 87-93 shows over anything from NITL..... Or both...

6 hours ago, WildStar said:

They could even select songs from different gigs rather than one full show. Anything 

They would definitely have to do that or it wouldn't be worth buying..

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

If were taking lists down, I think This I Love from the Memphis 2016 show is the best since 2010. Unfortunately all the clips are gone, but Axl sounded confident and under control during that performance. 

I still think Seattle 2016 was the best NITL performance of This I Love. But I'm bias because I was at that show.

Axl sounded good and Slash didn't completely butcher the solo :lol:

20 hours ago, WildStar said:

I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but my sense is that the numbers wouldn't stack up in terms of demand. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/08/the-death-of-the-dvd-why-sales-dropped-more-than-86percent-in-13-years.html   

I imagine concert DVD sales have fared better but I couldn't find anything in my 5 minutes of Googling.

19 hours ago, James Bond said:

The problem is that's the obvious thing to do but we're talking about Guns N' Roses.

Is that fair? I don't know that releasing a concert DVD from 2016 is necessarily the obvious thing to do in 2020...

3 hours ago, highvoltage said:

I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but my sense is that the numbers wouldn't stack up in terms of demand. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/08/the-death-of-the-dvd-why-sales-dropped-more-than-86percent-in-13-years.html   

I imagine concert DVD sales have fared better but I couldn't find anything in my 5 minutes of Googling.

Is that fair? I don't know that releasing a concert DVD from 2016 is necessarily the obvious thing to do in 2020...

I meant more in terms of just simply releasing something from this endless tour. Be it a highlights documentary or a full concert. Or a new album. I'd be good with that too!

• Like 1

I listened to a handful of the songs from the 2018 Iceland soundboard. He sang CD similar to how he did live in 2002 from what I recall on those recordings of similar quality.

Better than I expected overall from what I heard posted here, but still not great obviously. Something about being there in person, with the crazy volume level, the energy, etc. adds something to the overall experience. So I'm sure most those who attended the concert enjoyed it.

4 hours ago, highvoltage said:

They stack up or most other acts though....Slash released one of his last tour. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

They stack up or most other acts though....Slash released one of his last tour. 

And it's a beaut! 

Def Leppard are about to release a live DVD package from London and Vegas. 

As for Metallica. You have a choice of 253 live shows on CD from the last 15 years or so.