Iceland 2018 Soundboard has leaked (No links or requests)

It really is a mystery why no live DVD/album has been put together so far.

Seems like free money for them, sell the dvd then put a few of the best tracks on youtube for streaming.

There's certainly been enough good performances to work with.

• Like 4

The Iceland soundboard is the worst I've ever heard Axl. A live album would require him to record the vocals in studio, like Kiss Alive or something similar. His live vocals are not good enough to use tor a live recording anymore. IMO

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ll_tj1 said:

The Iceland soundboard is the worst I've ever heard Axl. A live album would require him to record the vocals in studio, like Kiss Alive or something similar. His live vocals are not good enough to use tor a live recording anymore. IMO

Nah just listen to the 2012 dvd.

2018 was a bad year all around tbh but 2019 onward Axl has sounded way better.

Would be happy with a soundboard of mexico 2020.

39 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

2012 dvd was bad. I still think Iceland is worse. He needs to stop. Do one off performances so he can actually sing. It's obvious hes not up to touring 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, F*ck Fear said:

Appetite For Democracy was better than Iceland 2018.

Also, are there any plans on tracking this show? I'd prefer to just have 'Slither' & 'Shadow Of Your Love', instead of the whole show.

Thanks everyone!

It sounds like they are trying to kill Axl on SOYL. WAAAYY too fast for him and he sounds like he is struggling to catch breath. As with some other tracks they play these days - I think they need to take the tempo down a bit.

• Like 1

On 16/04/2020 at 5:02 AM, highvoltage said:

The Led Zeppelin DVD came out for a few reasons:

- LZ did not play any other shows - no opportunity for a DVD from a later date
- No other opportunity to see them live - 20 million people registered for tickets for that show (including half this forum at the time!)
- There was huge buzz about the show itself that continued years later. There was massive demand for the release.

You can't really say the same for a GN'R gig from 2016. I love your enthusiasm but I don't think it's a realistic comparison.

I’m not enthusiastic about it, I’m just saying that maybe there is some hope for it. And regarding comparison, I understand what you are saying, your point of view, but it’s not hard to think the band would release a live CD/DVD/Blue-Ray, as the band loves money and it would be a easy way to obtain money. And remember the band released the Appetite for Democracy DVD which is a bad concert and a strange thing to do, in my opinion. But, since we are talking about Guns N’ Roses, I understand it’s difficult to believe they would release something regarding new music or live performances, but we never know too.

On 16/04/2020 at 3:11 PM, Tom-Ass said:

I would rather them release 87-93 shows over anything from NITL..... Or both...

They would definitely have to do that or it wouldn't be worth buying..

I was only talking about the NITL tour, especifically the 2016 year. But I agree with you, I would prefer something from both periods.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

He might sound better than he did in 2018, but he still sounds like shit. 2018 was catastrophically bad, but you're having a laugh if you think Axl sounds remotely good nowadays.

• Like 1

What's with the unnecessary talking during the songs? Shut up already.

Yeah Axl sounds how I expected but this recording quality is great. Good mix.

The Duff and Slash Japan 2017 ones are cool too, but it seems that there's only a few songs available for Duff's mix and only about half the show for Slash? Is that correct?

17 hours ago, ll_tj1 said:

In my opinion 2016 is aboluty okay for a live album, some mistakes can fixed in postproduction but it's "work" and i don't think Axl likes "work". They even can work on the Troubadour Show with few fixes and rerecordings but it's hopeless. The potential is immense to keep Guns N 'Roses alive, even after Axl's death.  Even if Axl doesn't want a new album, they can publish old and new live material. The stuff exists!

The only official live shit on YouTube is the 2012 Freak Show in Las Vegas. Is that supposed to be it? And even if they don't know how to release a DVD, they can upload some videos on YouTube from live performances in which Axl was really good to push the tour a bit. To keep the story alive. 

GN'R doesn't feel like a band

Edited by t-p-d-a

14 hours ago, ll_tj1 said:

2012 dvd was bad.

Nah it was fine. By 80's rockband DVD releases it was head and shoulders above the rest.

You want to see what bad really is?

14 hours ago, ll_tj1 said:

It's obvious hes not up to touring 

Don't know if this criticism really holds any weight. Sure his vocals are rougher than the 90's (hell even rougher than 2010) but the reviews for the shows are overwhelmingly positive. 

1 hour ago, MildlyArtistic said:

He might sound better than he did in 2018, but he still sounds like shit. 2018 was catastrophically bad, but you're having a laugh if you think Axl sounds remotely good nowadays.

Id disagree with this for the most part, especially 2019+2020. He was clearly overworked in 2018 and it comes across in the vocals.

But since then they've streamlined the setlist. Made sure the songs fit his vocals as best as possible (dropping this I love for a bit etc).  

Of course f you just hate the clean voice then there's only so much Axl can do aside from incinerating his ability to sing. Imo as long as there's power behind it the clean voice is good.

1 hour ago, GNR_RNR said:

Nah it was fine. By 80's rockband DVD releases it was head and shoulders above the rest.

Don't know if this criticism really holds any weight. Sure his vocals are rougher than the 90's (hell even rougher than 2010) but the reviews for the shows are overwhelmingly positive. 

Id disagree with this for the most part, especially 2019+2020. He was clearly overworked in 2018 and it comes across in the vocals.

But since then they've streamlined the setlist. Made sure the songs fit his vocals as best as possible (dropping this I love for a bit etc).  

Of course f you just hate the clean voice then there's only so much Axl can do aside from incinerating his ability to sing. Imo as long as there's power behind it the clean voice is good.

I absolutely love the clean voice of '01-'02, but what hes been doing the last few years is not good at all.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2020 at 12:13 PM, GNRfanMILO said:

My NITL holy grail would be a soundboard with this quality but from any of the NA 2016 shows. That was Gn'R at it's absolute best since 2010. Unfortunately I don't think there's anything even being hoarded.

I know for a fact that JEMS did a IEM for Seattle August 12 2016 and their not called Hoarders atleast not by me or anyone that knows Wayne Personally.

IEM/Audience AT&T Park, San Francisco, August 9, 2016 but it won't be in mass general circulation anytime soon after 3 of his IEM'S were downloaded and sold with brick walled audio and with EQ

Edited by 80309561
Edit to Add

3 hours ago, 80309561 said:

I know for a fact that JEMS did a IEM for Seattle August 12 2016 and their not called Hoarders atleast not by me or anyone that knows Wayne Personally.

IEM/Audience AT&T Park, San Francisco, August 9, 2016 but it won't be in mass general circulation anytime soon after 3 of his IEM'S were downloaded and sold with brick walled audio and with EQ

Good gravy, Seattle was my first GN'R show, would love an IEM of that.

8 hours ago, 80309561 said:

I was at that Seattle show, would love to hear the IEM recording. 

9 hours ago, 80309561 said:

Who is JEMS? Is he a user on here and what would it likely take to have one of these 2016 IEMs (other than Vegas) surface?

On 4/18/2020 at 4:17 AM, GNR_RNR said:

On 4/18/2020 at 4:17 AM, GNR_RNR said:

I am still impressed the Mick Mars is able to do that whammy bar bit during the intro and yet still plays the rhythm guitar part underneath it.   LOL 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Vince Neil is atrocious these days. That is a whole other level of terrible. Of course if we compare Axl's vocals he's going to come up strong against him. Anybody would. That doesn't automatically mean Axl sounds good.

The bar was lowered so much in 2018 that almost anything is an improvement.

• Like 1

I think 2018 and 2019 were terrible for Axl. Everyone mentions that Shadow has some rasp on it but he seems to be damaging his throat by singing it. Is not that clean rasp that he may have on jungle, it’s more rough and it doesn’t sound that good. I’m not complaining, it’s just my opinion.

while in 2020 he sounded good, he seems to be singing in a less raspier voice, it’s not there in jungle anymore. My opinion is he’s not even preparing his voice anymore. He did it for AC/DC 2016 and then he stopped caring

• Like 1

On 29/04/2020 at 4:25 PM, DPR714 said:

I am still impressed the Mick Mars is able to do that whammy bar bit during the intro and yet still plays the rhythm guitar part underneath it.   LOL 

Can recall seeing them in 2005 and noticing another guitar chugging under the whammy parts. Wasn't sure if it was a tape or they had another player backstage. It'll all be tracks at this point anyway. Backing vocals and possibly even bass piped in and they just do what they can on top.

4 hours ago, Bansidhe said:

Can recall seeing them in 2005 and noticing another guitar chugging under the whammy parts. Wasn't sure if it was a tape or they had another player backstage. It'll all be tracks at this point anyway. Backing vocals and possibly even bass piped in and they just do what they can on top.

They probably have some guy backstage that way they don't have to be locked into a track and can be flexible if needed.

7 hours ago, alangarcianr said:

while in 2020 he sounded good, he seems to be singing in a less raspier voice, it’s not there in jungle anymore. My opinion is he’s not even preparing his voice anymore. He did it for AC/DC 2016 and then he stopped caring

I do think he's making an attempt to sing a bit cleaner for the most part. As you said with certain songs in 2018 he's been doing a throatier drive on it that just sounds painful. He's got a tough technique so I get why he'd try preserving his voice.

But he definitely does prepare his voice for for the live shows. If he didn't he wouldn't even be able to speak for the next few days never mind do a show.