Iceland 2018 Soundboard has leaked (No links or requests)

5 hours ago, Gackt said:

I can't get over how Axl does an Eric Cartman impersonation during Chinese Democracy's title track, it's too distracting and makes me laugh every time.  :P

That’s exactly what it is, wow. I never understood why he uses that voice. It’s like he doesn’t realize how he sounds.

57 minutes ago, Jakey Styley said:

That’s exactly what it is, wow. I never understood why he uses that voice. It’s like he doesn’t realize how he sounds.

Eh personally I don't hear it. But it is a weird vocal choice. I don't know why they don't slap a metallic effect over his vocals like on the album.

I've always thought the way Axl sings CD sounds like it's a voice killer, I'd be hoarse after it.

3 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

Eh personally I don't hear it. But it is a weird vocal choice. I don't know why they don't slap a metallic effect over his vocals like on the album.

I've always thought the way Axl sings CD sounds like it's a voice killer, I'd be hoarse after it.

It took me a minute to adjust to the vocals on CD. Even after hearing all the 2002 shows and the leaks. Once I got used to it (maybe the third listen or so?) I was down. I think Axl's actual singing on the album is fantastic. The processing on his vocals is a whole other ball of wax though and that's mostly for audio geeks to discuss anyway lol. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RussTCB said:

It took me a minute to adjust to the vocals on CD. Even after hearing all the 2002 shows and the leaks. Once I got used to it (maybe the third listen or so?) I was down. I think Axl's actual singing on the album is fantastic. The processing on his vocals is a whole other ball of wax though and that's mostly for audio geeks to discuss anyway lol. 

I've always liked the albums vocals (that's maybe due to going in sight unseen). It's got some of Axl's best vocals IMO Listening to the clips of vocals only of Better made me reall appreciate it more.

But I meant Axl's live vocals on the title track, when he sings it live he goes for a kinda 'punky' voice in the chorus.

Also (controversial) but I think Chinese Democracy was a better opener track than "It's So Easy", the powerchords and the pyro curtains just made it.