Bumblefoot's new song... Planetary Lockdown!

I thought it was a buckethead song.. I will always confuse those two ridiculous names.. Bucketfoot, Bumblehead... Could care less about either although I did buy a buckethead CD back in the day when he first started hanging out with Axl.. Needless to say I never bought another one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I thought it was a buckethead song.. I will always confuse those two ridiculous names.. Bucketfoot, Bumblehead... Could care less about either although I did buy a buckethead CD back in the day when he first started hanging out with Axl.. Needless to say I never bought another one.

Crime Slunk Scene is a great BH album. He literally puts out hundreds of records though so that's a bit crazy.

11 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

OMG I love this, it captures the current world flux so brilliantly...why on earth did he not get to shine with Guns?

I think he really did try. Ashba too, despite him not being too popular with some fans. 

Both of them seemed genuinely to want to push the band forward, and were always the most open and upfront about things. 

7 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

It's $1...

He spent hours working on it, you like it... what is the problem?

You shouldn't have to pay to enjoy someone's hard work? I 1000% disagree 

Yet you never miss a thread about either... killjoy🤣

Aside from this, you would have to dig pretty hard to find me posting in a thread dedicated to either of them.......

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

Aside from this, you would have to dig pretty hard to find me posting in a thread dedicated to either of them.......

I'm gonna take your word on that, no way am I doing that work :D You it might not be you, but there definitely are a lot of people on here, who delight in poo pooing anyone who mentions liking the record or that era. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I'm gonna take your word on that, no way am I doing that work :D You it might not be you, but there definitely are a lot of people on here, who delight in poo pooing anyone who mentions liking the record or that era. 

You may find one or two but it would definitely be a lot of work haha. I actually try to avoid posting or even opening threads I am not interested in or that are dedicated to past band members I am not a fan of just to bash them or whatever. Threads like the CD leaks.. I probably wouldn't have much good to say so I don't even open them.. Got a little extra time on my hands these days though lol

6 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Bumblefoot was too good for Guns. He deserves a band that releases music and has communication. I loved him musically with the band but am glad he got out of there.

100%. He would have been a great addition had Axl decided to really evolve the GNR sound. Coulda, woulda, shoulda! 

I'm interested to see where Axl takes GNR now... I can almost guarantee it wouldn't be quite as interesting as the ideas Bumble would have brought to the table. Not shitting on Slash, I love his playing! And he still writes the occasional great riff! but it's classic rock, the envelope is not being pushed. Fortunately, I'm very happy to hear Axl sing either a classic rock record or a record that is completely pulling against that... also, GNR aren't releasing diddly squat so there's that too:D

5 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

You may find one or two but it would definitely be a lot of work haha. I actually try to avoid posting or even opening threads I am not interested in or that are dedicated to past band members I am not a fan of just to bash them or whatever. Threads like the CD leaks.. I probably wouldn't have much good to say so I don't even open them.. Got a little extra time on my hands these days though lol

Hey we all do. And it's fun to have a little bit of a back and forth :P 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Do you remember which album out of curiosity? Listened to a few of them and they seem to range in quality from absolutely stunning to endless shredding. Guess it's not that big an issue if he has a few bad albums though considering he's over a 100 albums.

In terms of the Bumblefoot, don't think his contribution to GNR would have been great and I'm kind of glad we didn't get an album with him and Ashba. Having said that I think this is a really interesting cool track.

4 hours ago, registra said:

Do you remember which album out of curiosity? Listened to a few of them and they seem to range in quality from absolutely stunning to endless shredding. Guess it's not that big an issue if he has a few bad albums though considering he's over a 100 albums.

In terms of the Bumblefoot, don't think his contribution to GNR would have been great and I'm kind of glad we didn't get an album with him and Ashba. Having said that I think this is a really interesting cool track.

In my opinion, Buckethead is a fantastic player but his solo records sound alot like a great player over some backing tracks with drum machines. Which they are. I love his Colma album though, no shredding at all! 

And yes, thank got there wasn't a GNR album with Ashba and Bumblefoot. That could have never worked.

On 4/14/2020 at 12:33 PM, Amir said:

Not usually the biggest fan of his solo stuff but I really dig this.

Agree with Amir. His solo stuff is mainly miss for me, with a few hits but have really enjoyed this song and have sent a few $ his way for it.

I think maybe I'm not huge on his solo stuff because I still haven't forgiven him for his Catcher solo :P

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

In my opinion, Buckethead is a fantastic player but his solo records sound alot like a great player over some backing tracks with drum machines. Which they are. I love his Colma album though, no shredding at all! 

And yes, thank got there wasn't a GNR album with Ashba and Bumblefoot. That could have never worked.

Correct. Buckethead is fantastic. Both as a person, a persona, and as a player.

His solo work is very extensive and in some instances very experimental and "hard work", but that almost adds to the uniqueness - everyone has different opinions on music and there's something in there for most people, be it one or two songs, or albums.

Bumble is also fantastic. Sons of Apollo is a perfect band for him. A bit of a shred fest,  but check out their version of Comfortably Numb on youtube.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

Correct. Buckethead is fantastic. Both as a person, a persona, and as a player.

His solo work is very extensive and in some instances very experimental and "hard work", but that almost adds to the uniqueness - everyone has different opinions on music and there's something in there for most people, be it one or two songs, or albums.

Bumble is also fantastic. Sons of Apollo is a perfect band for him. A bit of a shred fest,  but check out their version of Comfortably Numb on youtube.

Found Comfortably Numb a couple weeks ago, great version.

Also Gates of Babylon worth checking.

Disappointed Bumblefoot never wrote for Gnr , I'm sure he could have done it.

Glad he's found a good band for his outlet.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Buckethead has many great ballady albums. I'd suggest Electric Tears, Colma & A Diamond in the Rough. 

1 hour ago, Brownstone drum said:

Found Comfortably Numb a couple weeks ago, great version.

Also Gates of Babylon worth checking.

Disappointed Bumblefoot never wrote for Gnr , I'm sure he could have done it.

Glad he's found a good band for his outlet.

Agreed - Bumble is an asset for Sons of Apollo as long as he really "believes" in the music, which based on what i have seen he does. 

The Comfortably Numb cover was great other than the obviously overdubbed vocals by Portnoy(!) but really enjoyed Ron's take on the solo.