Bumblefoot's new song... Planetary Lockdown!

15 hours ago, registra said:

Do you remember which album out of curiosity? Listened to a few of them and they seem to range in quality from absolutely stunning to endless shredding. Guess it's not that big an issue if he has a few bad albums though considering he's over a 100 albums.

In terms of the Bumblefoot, don't think his contribution to GNR would have been great and I'm kind of glad we didn't get an album with him and Ashba. Having said that I think this is a really interesting cool track.

It was Giant Robot.. I still have it. I was trying really hard to get into what Axl was doing back then. I even bought a Josh Freese CD too. That one actually wasn't too bad.

28 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

It was Giant Robot.. I still have it.

Not his worst, but definitely not his best album either. Buying a random Buckethead album is a crapshoot honestly, but it's easier if you know what style you're looking for.

Check out Population Override or Captain EO's Voyage, or Hold Me Forever if you want something a bit heavier.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Not his worst, but definitely not his best album either. Buying a random Buckethead album is a crapshoot honestly, but it's easier if you know what style you're looking for.

Check out Population Override or Captain EO's Voyage, or Hold Me Forever if you want something a bit heavier.

I agree, Population Override is also one of his best albums. 

• Like 2

On 15/04/2020 at 2:28 AM, Creed said:

The 1 $ thing is actually a smart thing. GnR should release their album exclusively on gunsnroses.com for just 1$ with a info text like: to all GnR Fans all over the world: thank you so much for your support. You dont have to pay for our overpriced tickets and shitty merch. Just spent 1$. See it as a fundraiser for an upcoming album. 

I'm pretty sure that 3-5 million would buy that. If you want a Vinyl or CD you can only buy it there, too. And 3 months later it should be available on amazon.com.

So we pay them to make a record... and then pay them again to get the record.

Without a proper media roll out, 3-5 million doesn't seem likely. 

3 hours ago, Free Bird said:

I feel like I'm playing Atari

I got that game music vibe too! F zero X

• 2 weeks later...

Holy shit this song is great, I love all the beautiful sparkly melody lines and the atmosphere they create when contrasted with the darkness of the rhythm section like stars in the blackness. I really wish he'd been given creative licence in Guns N' Roses. I would have been all aboard for these kind of instrumentals meshed with Axl Rose songwriting and vocal delivery. 

• 3 months later...
On 29/07/2020 at 5:36 PM, Graeme said:

Has anyone else been following Ron's "Jam along" social media thing to this song? Basically anyone's free to record their own version of the solo and share it, it's been really interesting hearing so many different takes on it on instruments ranging from fretless guitars to ukuleles. I think this one has been one of my favourites so far.

Loved this acoustic one:

• Like 1