Society is about to snap (My crazy experience) at the grocery store

DeadSlash

11 hours ago, DeadSlash said:

That is a fascinating take.  I lose my right to cheer for the frontline workers that saved my fathers life because I crossed a nylon rope in a grocery store and never came within 10 feet of a store clerk?

Nah, for disrespecting front line workers by over riding their health and safety protocols (like Ive already explained). But sure make this an emotional appeal, as if during a pandemic you alone have sick family and as if people health needs starts and ends there, so you can avoid the reality of your shitty, entitled action against the safety of a front line worker.

12 minutes ago, soon said:

Common sense and decency dictate that you dont ignore front line workers heath and safety protocols. Its incredibly simple.

Common sense and decency would have seen the worker reach for the applesauce (3 feet away) and hand it to the customer. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Common sense and decency would have seen the worker reach for the applesauce (3 feet away) and hand it to the customer. 

Or put it on a shelf at the edge of the roped area where the customer could then grab it without causing all sorts of kerfuffle.

I mean I’d just ask the customer to stand back. Pick up the item and put it on a shelf at the edge of the rope then retreat to a safe distance to allow them to collect it. 

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, soon said:

The idea of closing an aisle is that its closed. 

Yeah man but seriously if you were working and a customer politely asked you to pass a single item what would you do? It wouldn’t even occur to me to make a big deal of it. 

• Like 3

Just now, Dazey said:

Yeah man but seriously if you were working and a customer politely asked you to pass a single item what would you do? It wouldn’t even occur to me to make a big deal of it. 

The issue is not about the alleged response, its about the crossing of the health and safety boundary of the closed aisle. 

Even to ask the question as you have seems to indicate that you are making the assumption that you know the ins and outs of the health and safety protocol, training, learned experience, etc.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, soon said:

The issue is not about the alleged response, its about the crossing of the health and safety boundary of the closed aisle. 

Even to ask the question as you have seems to indicate that you are making the assumption that you know the ins and outs of the health and safety protocol, training, learned experience, etc.

I don’t think I’ve even commented on the actions of the guy getting the applesauce.

I was simply saying that the girl could have handled the situation much better. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, soon said:

I bet you are the soul and life of a party, you are?

• Haha 1

Just now, Dazey said:

I don’t think I’ve even commented on the actions of the guy getting the applesauce.

I was simply saying that the girl could have handled the situation much better. 

Well, I dont think I've commented on the girls alleged reaction, only the crossing of the line.

All Ive been saying it that the person who violated the health and safety boundary could've - and should've - handled the situation much better.

2 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Are you familiar with the term 'white knights'?

"Saying someone is "white knighting" is an accusation that they are inserting themselves into an argument or situation for the sole purpose of trying to look good and win points with people."

These feeble creatures can never, ever, ever get pussy - ever, even from feminists they suckup to lol. So any chance they get they do this pathetic song and dance where they desperately try to bolster their sterile withered masculinity. They have nothing to offer. Zero game. Despite this being excruciatingly obvious to literally everyone they fantasize they're not actually pathetic, they're just misunderstood because of how 'evolved' and 'woke' and above real men they are. Delusional parasitic hypocrites. Like incels but less honest.

Dude, where did -that- topical detour come from :lol: ?

Edited by Graeme

On 4/18/2020 at 7:37 PM, DeadSlash said:

That is a fascinating take.  I lose my right to cheer for the frontline workers that saved my fathers life because I crossed a nylon rope in a grocery store and never came within 10 feet of a store clerk?

Honestly, I have read a lot of your posts over the years, and I'm flat out calling bullshit if you are going to try and tell me that if your 80 year old father was rushed to the ER, in the hospital for a week, with fucking tubes in him (you unable to visit him because hospitals don't allow visitors right now for obvious reasons) finally gets home, not because he is WELL, but because he is well enough to not need constant care and he can't eat solid food and he tells you he wants apple sauce, that YOU would tell him "Tough tit, pop. There was a worker who wanted a 13 foot distance and in order for me to get the apple sauce, I would to have been within 10 feet of her, so it was a no go."  "Please, I'm hungry son!" "There was a rope pop, couldn't do it."    You, Captain kindness and respecting everyone's feelings...? You're going to shit on your dad because someone wants 13 feet instead of 6, because they think masks are "hot?" Whatever man.

You can't find another store that sells applesauce that isn't stocking that aisle? Tough tits for YOU, go somewhere else. Ducking a barricade is exactly what makes either store workers snap, or other people follow suit. I still call dickhead here. Sorry.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AxlisOld said:

You can't find another store that sells applesauce that isn't stocking that aisle? Tough tits for YOU, go somewhere else. Ducking a barricade is exactly what makes either store workers snap, or other people follow suit. I still call dickhead here. Sorry.

The purpose is to stay home and have as little direct interaction with other people as possible. How ridiculous it would be to drive to another store, having unnecessary contact with another bunch of people (staff and customers) because a girl can't be bothered to have a facemask and actually help a customer (it should be what they're there for), in the way Dazey suggested. Like EvanG said, it doesn't cost anything to be friendly and it would have a nicer outcome for everyone involved. Maybe the girl should get some tips on customer care. It will make her job a lot nicer too.

• Like 1

On 17-4-2020 at 1:05 PM, action said:

Intelligence is measured by the way people react to this. Intelligence is in correlation with the level of constancy you keep in your approach to this outbreak. If one day you laugh with it, and two weeks later you trip out of your mind, you are at the very bottom of the curve when it comes to intelligence. If, through all of this, you keep level-headed, that's a sign of high intelligence.

Okay, I still kinda "laugh" with it because I care very little for humanity as a whole (myself included). I go outside every day, I keep my distance at the supermarket out of respect for others. So I know I'm not infecting anyone. But I couldn't care less if half the population (myself included) died from this, nor do I care when someone touches me or whatever. It wouldn't hurt the planet if most of us died. And I care more about this planet and the animals than about us as a species.

That makes me a terrible person according to lots of people. But does that make me unintelligent?

My degrees didn't come out of cereal boxes if my memory serves me right.

2 hours ago, UcudBmine said:

Okay, I still kinda "laugh" with it because I care very little for humanity as a whole (myself included). I go outside every day, I keep my distance at the supermarket out of respect for others. So I know I'm not infecting anyone. But I couldn't care less if half the population (myself included) died from this, nor do I care when someone touches me or whatever. It wouldn't hurt the planet if most of us died. And I care more about this planet and the animals than about us as a species.

That makes me a terrible person according to lots of people. But does that make me unintelligent?

My degrees didn't come out of cereal boxes if my memory serves me right.

At least you’re honest about not caring if you contribute to it’s spread.

7 minutes ago, soon said:

At least you’re honest about not caring if you contribute to it’s spread.

I think you misread what I said. I'm doing what we're told, because I don't want to infect or scare anyone. But I don't care if people come close to me or touch me. I'm not thinking about killing anyone if that's what you think. 

All I'm saying that I just don't care about what's happening right now. Humanity has seen and done much worse.

20 minutes ago, UcudBmine said:

I think you misread what I said. I'm doing what we're told, because I don't want to infect or scare anyone. But I don't care if people come close to me or touch me. I'm not thinking about killing anyone if that's what you think. 

All I'm saying that I just don't care about what's happening right now. Humanity has seen and done much worse.

No, I didn’t misread. For instance, allowing yourself to be touched. But that isn’t my point anyways. 

Bur yes, good on you for doing what you’re told and respecting people at the supermarket. 

Edited by soon