Appetite for Distortion - Mark Tremonti talks Alter Bridge, Slash, and Pinball | Ep. 186

1 hour ago, MidnightToker said:

Both Slash and Mark have said Myles is a better guitar player than them. He's very technically skilled. 

I think Mark is more technically skilled. I just like Myles more because on the few songs that I know he does the solos on, he has a more "sustain-y" approach to solos, where Mark most of the time Mark solos just wahshredding, kinda like Kirk Hammet (and I say this as a Kirk fan).

Im sure there are songs where Mark does awesome solos as well, kinda like how Slash isnt just a pentatonic man, and Buckethead isnt purely a million-note-shredder. This is just me making a generalization based on maybe 10 songs

6 hours ago, Mendez said:

where Mark most of the time Mark solos just wahshredding, 

I have to disagree here, his solos usually include shredding part but as Mark said in many interviews, he never improvises. Each solo was prepared before recording, you can hear that in almost every single solo, where each phrase ends on particular chord note. Have you heard Bleed it Dry or Dust solo? Freakin' magnificent work. Also Myles/Mark duel in Fortress is mindblowing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1