Unofficial updates on 2020 tour

1 hour ago, Gavin82 said:

Lets start this sweep stake @allwaystired

Ok. I was thinking 14 days, so next Wednesday it will start. I'll sort it tomorrow. 14 people involved. I'll randomly draw everyone one of those 14 days....see who gets the correct day! 

Probably no prizes or entrance fee (I can't think of a way to organise that properly really)..... it will just be for fun. 

• Thanks 1

I dont think its necessarily the bands fault there is no news on the UK tour or even Europe for that matter. It wont be happening this year but they wont announce anything until they have new dates in place. Now that the Euros 2020 have been moved to 2021 the stadiums may be in use next year when they weren't going to be so may be struggling with venues being available. A simple statement would suffice saying .... Tour is off but we are working on rescheduling.... but this is where the management is piss poor. We know this. I have tickets for London but I am resigned to the fact I'm not seeing them this year.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Oh they can. 'Intimate' venues with even higher ticket prices could be the next step. 

Then you have 'afd in full', then a tour branded 'greatest hits live'  then a 'last chance ever' retirement tour that goes on for years. Then, if there's still time, a 'return' tour. 

It can go on indefinitely now. 

+ 35th anniversary is coming fast, that probably will be next milestone for milking out AFD again. and then 40th anniversary. they pretty much don't care about UYI and pretend ChiDem never existed. easy money.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wyldie1978 said:

I dont think its necessarily the bands fault there is no news on the UK tour or even Europe for that matter. It wont be happening this year but they wont announce anything until they have new dates in place

it has nothing to do with GN'Rs shitty management at this point and they are not waiting to have new dates in place. It is all about timing with the promoters and insurance companies. If it is mandated through the city, county etc to shut down that has different insurance and financial implications than if the band themselves pull out. So it is all a waiting game. More than likely, they will say stay tuned for new dates like you mentioned as every concert and sports even in the world is being rescheduled right now and there will be nothing quick about it. But they still need to wait for the plug to be officially pulled, the band has nothing to do with it.

go read the recent comments from motley crue about their stadium tour, it's the same situation here.

1 hour ago, Stiff Competition said:

it has nothing to do with GN'Rs shitty management at this point and they are not waiting to have new dates in place. It is all about timing with the promoters and insurance companies. If it is mandated through the city, county etc to shut down that has different insurance and financial implications than if the band themselves pull out. So it is all a waiting game. More than likely, they will say stay tuned for new dates like you mentioned as every concert and sports even in the world is being rescheduled right now and there will be nothing quick about it. But they still need to wait for the plug to be officially pulled, the band has nothing to do with it.

go read the recent comments from motley crue about their stadium tour, it's the same situation here.

This is true.

But... go read the Bon Jovi statement too, he cancelled the entire tour. Not postponed, cancelled... so if the bands want to they can, and they can have agreements with the promoters etc. To prevent being sued. End of the day, we all know None of the summer dates are happening and I think dates in the winter won't happen either!

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

This is true.

But... go read the Bon Jovi statement too, he cancelled the entire tour. Not postponed, cancelled... so if the bands want to they can, and they can have agreements with the promoters etc. To prevent being sued. End of the day, we all know None of the summer dates are happening and I think dates in the winter won't happen either!

There is NO way anyone will tour for next several months.

Big tour get negotiated good couple of years ahead.  Club size tours 6-9 months ahead.

With Bon Jovi it is different case compared to most.

Bon Jovi as a bend are run by Bon Jovi and his family.  He calls the shots when he wants, though, in his case any break is - MORE then welcome.  His voice went down the hill tremendously last 3-5 years.  Although, Jon Bongiovi LOVES the money more than ANY other artist.  ...even if it costs him his health, which it did for them tme being.

But yeah... It took Corona to stop NITL tour! That is probably the first positive side effect of the world standing still.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, EricA said:

since the wives seems to be the new spokesmen of the band, that's meegan's answer to one of her ig followers, asking about ticket refunds

20200430_193237.jpg.1896de8d7c53c0b9ca50b5f5aa090154.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_nIp8rFS9s/?igshid=1rhu67tf2dxvz

Reasonable response......but there are now 20 days until this tour is supposed to start. 

Someone needs to sort out some sort of announcement pretty fucking quickly, as a hell of a lot of 'buck passing' seems to be going on. Everyone seems to be acting as if the start of the tour is months away and decisions haven't been made. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Reasonable response......but there are now 20 days until this tour is supposed to start. 

Someone needs to sort out some sort of announcement pretty fucking quickly, as a hell of a lot of 'buck passing' seems to be going on. Everyone seems to be acting as if the start of the tour is months away and decisions haven't been made. 

No one (literally no one) thinks the tour will start in 20 days. Nobody is acting as if the tour will go ahead.

Everyone knows these dates will either be rescheduled to next year or cancelled (assuming it's the former as it's taking so long for the promoters to reach a conclusion).

21 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

But yeah... It took Corona to stop NITL tour! That is probably the first positive side effect of the world standing still.

NITL tour was over in 2019.

14 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

No one (literally no one) thinks the tour will start in 20 days. Nobody is acting as if the tour will go ahead.

Everyone knows these dates will either be rescheduled to next year or cancelled (assuming it's the former as it's taking so long for the promoters to reach a conclusion).

And?  What is their plan? 

People have got to the stage where they're messaging band members partners trying to find out what the fuck is going on as we're now 20 days away. 

Fans have a right at this point to know where the fuck their money is. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Fans have a right at this point to know where the fuck their money is. 

They'll be getting a ticket to the rescheduled show or a refund if they want it.

But realistically a full scale refund of all tickets currently sold in the music business is impossible, the money just isn't there for it. Thankfully most customers will probably roll tickets over to next year.

1 hour ago, GNR_RNR said:

That's a very wolfy reply. What's it got to do with you if people want answers about the tour? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WildStar said:

That's a very wolfy reply. What's it got to do with you if people want answers about the tour? 

Everyone want answers, but there are way more important things.

The entire industry is currently screwed beyond what anyone thought possible, might just mean that it takes a minute to sort out.

17 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

They'll be getting a ticket to the rescheduled show or a refund if they want it.

But realistically a full scale refund of all tickets currently sold in the music business is impossible, the money just isn't there for it. Thankfully most customers will probably roll tickets over to next year.

...and you know the shows are being rescheduled do you? 

I'm not talking about 'all tickets sold in the music business' , I'm talking about a tour scheduled to start in 20 days that nobody can get any information on. 

11 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Everyone want answers, but there are way more important things.

The entire industry is currently screwed beyond what anyone thought possible, might just mean that it takes a minute to sort out.

A minute eh. Do you have shares in Livenation or just a interest in defending the 'GNR way' all day long? 

6 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

...and you know the shows are being rescheduled do you? 

yes, the promoters are attempting to reschedule the events but the sheer scale of other events trying to reschedule (Gigs, Festivals, Football etc) is making it a tad difficult.

7 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I'm not talking about 'all tickets sold in the music business' , I'm talking about a tour scheduled to start in 20 days that nobody can get any information on. 

20 days is fine, ticketmaster have said any refunds should be automatically put back onto the paying card anyway so no action is required from consumers.

Just now, WildStar said:

A minute eh. Do you have shares in Livenation or just a interest in defending the 'GNR way' all day long? 

Yep a minute. And nope, just sick of people getting in a tizzy over nothing. People will get their money back or a ticket to the rescheduled date depending on what they want.

• Like 1

Just now, GNR_RNR said:

yes, the promoters are attempting to reschedule the events but the sheer scale of other events trying to reschedule (Gigs, Festivals, Football etc) is making it a tad difficult.

20 days is fine, ticketmaster have said any refunds should be automatically put back onto the paying card anyway so no action is required from consumers.

Yep a minute. And nope, just sick of people getting in a tizzy over nothing. People will get their money back or a ticket to the rescheduled date depending on what they want.

Well, that's news to everyone then, that the promoters are attempting to reschedule the gigs. Do you have a direct line with GNR management?! I can't think how else you'd be party to this information that hasn't been announced anywhere. 

20 days is 'fine' in your book,. Good stuff. It'll be 19 days in a few hours time. I'm assuming that's not 'fine' then? 

6 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Why are you bothered about people getting in a tizz. You can just ignore the posts and enjoy a beer. 

You don't have to spend all day on GNR forums... Or do you? 

On 29/04/2020 at 10:19 PM, shotsfired cro said:

There is NO way anyone will tour for next several months.

Big tour get negotiated good couple of years ahead.  Club size tours 6-9 months ahead.

With Bon Jovi it is different case compared to most.

Bon Jovi as a bend are run by Bon Jovi and his family.  He calls the shots when he wants, though, in his case any break is - MORE then welcome.  His voice went down the hill tremendously last 3-5 years.  Although, Jon Bongiovi LOVES the money more than ANY other artist.  ...even if it costs him his health, which it did for them tme being.

I wasn't saying anyones going to be touring... I was saying if the band wants to cancel, they can cancel.

Bon Jovi and GNR are like for like when it comes to touring. Jon owns Bon Jovi, Axl owns GNR. If Jon or Axl say, we're staying home then they are staying home. 

Jon also doesn't welcome the break, he had the new album ready to go, he wants to go out and play but he is also a smart businessman and knows that him giving the fans back their money is a great PR move. Maybe I'm cynical saying it's a PR move, but either way it scores Bon Jovi major points with their audience, there was very little time where he left them in doubt. Axl on the other side has said sweet FA! and it just leaves people like me who bought a ticket for the Lisbon show in limbo, even though we ALL know the tour is not happening. 

I loved the corona stopped the NITL tour line :D 

5 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

NITL was over in 2019? tell that to anyone who went to see GNR in 2020 and got the NITL setlist. "they played 2 different songs though..." yep, and?

There's always a new crazy ;) 

Also... when the official FB is posting pictures of Slash walking to the stage and it says something stupid like "Always ready! RnF'nR" then that kinda does suggest to some that it's business as usual... even though the dates are NOT happening.

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1

Stones haven't made a definitive statement on their tour afaik, but there is the option for a refund through ticketmaster for all the shows that were lined up. 

I held onto my $50 ticket, but if it was a more expensive ticket,  I'd have cashed it in. Only other tickets I had were 2 $30 Mudhoney gigs that have been pushed to Dec and are in small venues anyway. )

So no refund options for the GNR shows? If you look under "my events" in your TM profile, is there any update notice or refund option? 

9 hours ago, EricA said:

since the wives seems to be the new spokesmen of the band, that's meegan's answer to one of her ig followers, asking about ticket refunds

20200430_193237.jpg.1896de8d7c53c0b9ca50b5f5aa090154.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_nIp8rFS9s/?igshid=1rhu67tf2dxvz

WE should find out .. ?!?!? What? So Now Is It our problem? 

"Promoters are the ones that are in charge..." Of course This band Is never aware of whats's going on. Never.

Come on!! 🤦

• Like 3
  • Sad 1