Unofficial updates on 2020 tour

In fairness Guns N' Roses are truly unique among acts in having to be wary of legalities, solicitors and such like - complicated stuff worthy of explanation. All of this stuff clearly doesn't affect Ozzy, Marilyn Manson, The Who, Pearl Jam, Avril Lavigne, Foo Fighters, Bon Jovi, Shania Twain, Metallica, Queen/Lambett, Justin Bieber,  Alicia Keys, Tool, Elton, Pussycat Dolls.....

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

In fairness Guns N' Roses are truly unique among acts in having to be wary of legalities, solicitors and such like - complicated stuff worthy of explanation. All of this stuff clearly doesn't affect Ozzy, Marilyn Manson, The Who, Pearl Jam, Avril Lavigne, Foo Fighters, Bon Jovi, Shania Twain, Metallica, Queen/Lambett, Justin Bieber,  Alicia Keys, Tool, Elton, Pussycat Dolls.....

....at this point someone will always throw in a 'well XXXX band haven't announced what they're doing about a show in July, so it's all ok and totally normal'. 

How it went in 2002 -

Whatever really happened, Rose and Clear Channel could end up locked in a costly legal battle. The five-day delay in announcing the tour's cancellation (individual dates were nixed along the way) may have signaled a reluctance from both the band and the promoter to take responsibility for pulling the plug, according to Bongiovanni, who says that whoever made that decision could end up owing the other side money. ''I think lawyers are talking to lawyers,'' he says. One thing is clear: The promoter incurred financial losses from Rose's two no shows.  - HTGTH

2 hours ago, CAFC Nick said:

It must be an insurance thing. My brother was due to get married in April and would’ve been liable fully if he had cancelled it rather than the venue. Feels like similar to this, they need to wait for the festival/venue to tell them it’s postponed/cancelled. Feels like a weird version of brinkmanship.

Well, that sucks. I mean your brother can't help that this virus put a stop to all things. That doesn't make sense. You can't have lots of people attending a wedding or anything else right now.

Makes no sense.

At this stage of the game, if a band does tour, I doubt most fans would attend. I know it would kill me to miss GNR, since it'll be 4 years since they last played Dallas, but my mom and brother usually see concerts with me and since my mom is over 60, I don't want to put her health in danger. Nor me or my brother. I hope I don't have to make that decision.

Bands have to cancel. They can't be expected to do concerts anywhere for a long time to come. I mean even sports events are cancelled for now. And one venue that GNR is playing in, hasn't even opened yet.

I doubt this venue would want any band to play before their teams do. lol

Maybe bands could play on a PPV channel and if fans have tickets to that show, it would cover the cost. I don't know? But it's not safe for any concerts as of now. Summer is here already, and the virus is still making people ill and dying, so no I don't want to see any concerts worried if I will make it out alive.

39 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

My understanding from the way Iron Maiden has been handling their cancellations is it’s also really out of the hands of the promoter - it seems that the only way no one really gets fucked by their insurance in the event of a cancellation is when the government restricts events from happening. Maiden has been officially cancelling gigs piecemeal as different countries’ governments have restricted events beyond the date of the gig. That way both the band and promoter can say “oh well, out of our hands!” And no one gets burned. Of course, this isn’t really why GN’R haven’t cancelled yet as MANY of their gigs cannot take place, they’re just refusing to announce any cancellations it seems. 

Why is it always insurance companies that have to fuck shit up?

Just now, Gavin82 said:

Honestly this will be a last min ppostponement or cancellation end of nx wk before we hear

Yeah I think you're right. 

I'm not ruling out them trying to do these shows either now, in the same way they did with SA. If they're happy to still advertise them, then presumably they must have the intention of trying to play them at this point......even if the genius that put that video together can't work out what country a city is in. 

54 minutes ago, The Garden of Guns N Roses said:

Found this on Instagram...I don't think the information is official though. 

What do you think about this ?

I'd go for it being speculative. Although we did hear from someone else about how the tour is being cancelled and not postponed, so who knows? 

Are now some random fb/insta fan-accounts posting their own cancellation news and tour updates ? How entertaining !

... or did i miss something ?

14 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Although we did hear from someone else about how the tour is being cancelled and not postponed, so who knows? 

...did we ?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, EricA said:

Are now some random fb/insta fan-accounts posting their own cancellation news and tour updates ? How entertaining !

... or did i miss something ?

...did we ?

Nah, you missed nothing. 

Yeah, someone on this thread said something about the London shows being cancelled and not rescheduled. 

Edit: It was actually in the thread about the london show: 

"Don't know anything about the rest of the tour, London is off though. I've no idea why Tm are selling tickets still.  They have now paid out (which is not the same as refunded, done by a third party) the ticket exchange sellers which only happens when it's cancelled or the event has taken place.  Source : Someone at Tm" 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Thanks 1

I really wanna know whats happening and im in Australia so not even relevant to me 😂 just wondering bc i always tune in to hear if anything new happens but surely they wont just not say a thing and let the tour dates pass by? I just think its a very strange circumstance since we’re just over 14 days away with only slight mention of not even a tour postponement or cancellation but more just opinions regarding the virus. I dunno i just hope they either say something or by random unlikely chance the most unexpected band of the 80s/90s rekindles that spirit and pulls out something noone saw coming... just my wishful thinking ive been giving the band for the past few years 😂

Edited by Joraz

6 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Meaning....?

From a simple translate:

"Due to the current situation caused by the Covid-19 coronavirus outbreak, and following the recommendations of the General Directorate of Health and limitations imposed for the month of May by the state of calamity, the @gunsnroses show scheduled for May 20, finds up postponed. We are working on a new date, which we hope to share soon, as well as all ticket information. We appreciate your patience and understanding."

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AxlIsGod. said:

From a simple translate:

"Due to the current situation caused by the Covid-19 coronavirus outbreak, and following the recommendations of the General Directorate of Health and limitations imposed for the month of May by the state of calamity, the @gunsnroses show scheduled for May 20, finds up postponed. We are working on a new date, which we hope to share soon, as well as all ticket information. We appreciate your patience and understanding."

Yet nothing said by official band yet. Appalling really. Only 2 weeks out from the show after this one. No news on that yet 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Joraz said:

Yet nothing said by official band yet. Appalling really. Only 2 weeks out from the show after this one. No news on that yet 

I expect their plan is to have a sweeping statement that will apply to all shows.

<not an excuse for how they’ve handled this>