Unofficial updates on 2020 tour

On 05/05/2020 at 12:42 AM, Powerage5 said:

My understanding from the way Iron Maiden has been handling their cancellations is it’s also really out of the hands of the promoter - it seems that the only way no one really gets fucked by their insurance in the event of a cancellation is when the government restricts events from happening. Maiden has been officially cancelling gigs piecemeal as different countries’ governments have restricted events beyond the date of the gig. That way both the band and promoter can say “oh well, out of our hands!” And no one gets burned. Of course, this isn’t really why GN’R haven’t cancelled yet as MANY of their gigs cannot take place, they’re just refusing to announce any cancellations it seems. 

I think gnr are in the exact same boat as Maiden. Insurance is the reason the cancellations haven't been coming more and more. There are a lot of bands caught in the same spot.

They should have just released a statement a month ago saying "we're trying to figure out the best thing to do... blah, blah" saying nothing at all was not the move. So on the PR front they have handled it poorly.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I think gnr are in the exact same boat as Maiden. Insurance is the reason the cancellations haven't been coming more and more. There are a lot of bands caught in the same spot.

They should have just released a statement a month ago saying "we're trying to figure out the best thing to do... blah, blah" saying nothing at all was not the move. So on the PR front they have handled it poorly.

Maiden seem to have a weird mix of cancelled and not......

https://ironmaiden.com/tours/legacy-of-the-beast-tour-2020-2020

7 minutes ago, AxlIsGod. said:

In other news, someone's trying to sell tickets for London. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353069325215?ul_noapp=true

Not sure where this ticket's coming from :lol:

Here's some more people trying to sell tickets for London....

https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/guns-n-roses-london-29-05-2020/event/3500578AA7E43507

• Haha 2

Live Nation is coming up with some guidelines for future shows. They're using the Travis McCready show later this month as a preview of what concerts could be like going forward

At the McCready show, analyst Ryan Sundby said “fan pods” will consist of anywhere between two and 12 seats, cutting the allowed attendance down to 229 fans, or 20% of normal capacity. Attendees will need to wear masks and have their temperature checked at entry points. Fog sprayers will be used to sanitize the venue, bathrooms will be limited to ten people at a time, and soap and paper towel dispensers will be touchless. As for the concession stand, food and beverages will be prepackaged or have lids, Live Nation-owned Ticketmaster said on its website.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/live-nation-travis-mccready-show-182905084.html?.tsrc=rss

6 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Exactly. Just give a "heads up" making it clear the tour won't happen as scheduled and that it will be sorted out in a few weeks time. Not having released a single official statement regarding the tour two weeks before it is supposed to begin is what I call handling things poorly and unprofessionally. Big acts like Bon Jovi, Pearl Jam and The Rolling Stones have done so — as they were meant to.

6 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Well yeah - insurance is the big issue for a lot of bands. But whereas Maiden have announced gigs are cancelled when they cannot take place due to government restrictions, radio silence from GN’R when a gig officially cannot take place. 

6 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Maiden seem to have a weird mix of cancelled and not......

https://ironmaiden.com/tours/legacy-of-the-beast-tour-2020-2020

Again, Maiden is cancelling gigs as they can whilst blaming it on the government for insurance purposes. Of course none of those gigs will go ahead, but they can’t pull the ticket links, etc. until there’s a government restriction on events for that country. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Well yeah - insurance is the big issue for a lot of bands. But whereas Maiden have announced gigs are cancelled when they cannot take place due to government restrictions, radio silence from GN’R when a gig officially cannot take place. 

Again, Maiden is cancelling gigs as they can whilst blaming it on the government for insurance purposes. Of course none of those gigs will go ahead, but they can’t pull the ticket links, etc. until there’s a government restriction on events for that country. 

Oh yeah! I agree!

24 minutes ago, alfierose said:

That sounds horrendous. I'd rather stay home and watch old shows on youtube.

Yeah, I love going to concerts... but I can wait if that's the proposal! 

End of the day, It can't be fun for the audience and it can't be fun for the audience, so what is the point! just hold off until you can do it even remotely close to how it should be done. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, alangarcianr said:

Bundesliga in Germany is set to continue on may 15 gates closed. Only players and media, and some people still think EU tour will happen. 
It’s definitely postponed

Nobody thinks that....but the band are now 13 days away from it starting and have not said anything, so people are getting pretty pissed off and concerned by the looks of things. 

Everything of this sort has been officially banned in Europe till the end of summer by respective governments, people. What are you still expecting? This is not about Guns or Ticketmaster or whoever. Should they communicate it better? Of course. But should you be waiting for some official intel from TB, shifting nervously in the meantime? Sure, go nuts, if that’s what turns you on...

19 hours ago, Joraz said:

Yet nothing said by official band yet. Appalling really. Only 2 weeks out from the show after this one. No news on that yet 

Would love the band get a class action lawsuit if they dont issue refunds or cancel.

All they need to do is provide some sort of update for all the fans buying tickets, commuting, paying accommodation. Would not be much of a ask of a band. Maybe just one post if they could spare some time between promoting the non existing tour and a children's book.

I really wonder if axl/slash/duff know how this looks to us fans.

Edited by vloors
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Everything of this sort has been officially banned in Europe till the end of summer by respective governments, people. What are you still expecting? This is not about Guns or Ticketmaster or whoever. Should they communicate it better? Of course. But should you be waiting for some official intel from TB, shifting nervously in the meantime? Sure, go nuts, if that’s what turns you on...

No shit  None of us knew that but seems as tbey have £400+ in my £££ & all millions for there other shows like every other band They all come out & told there fans they have either cancelled Or postponed whats the big deal with Guns not doing the same but its OK Guns keep our money let us know nx May 2021 when the new dates drop they quick enough too take the money BUT dont want too give it back when some of us may need it

Elyon 

Edited by Gavin82

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

It's twofold here- primarily there is the money thing. They have people's cash.....but are saying nothing. We know we're not getting the product we paid for (a concert on the date we thought) so are asking what is going on. That's not unreasonable. 

There's also the respect issue. Not many businesses would take someone's money then offer no comment or update whatsoever as to what is going on with the product.....while trying to sell you other products. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gavin82 said:

No shit  None of us knew that but seems as tbey have £400+ in my £££ & all millions for there other shows like every other band They all come out & told there fans they have either cancelled Or postponed whats the big deal with Guns not doing the same but its OK Guns keep our money let us know nx May 2021 when the new dates drop they quick enough too take the money BUT dont want too give it back when some of us may need it

Elyon 

25 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

It's twofold here- primarily there is the money thing. They have people's cash.....but are saying nothing. We know we're not getting the product we paid for (a concert on the date we thought) so are asking what is going on. That's not unreasonable. 

There's also the respect issue. Not many businesses would take someone's money then offer no comment or update whatsoever as to what is going on with the product.....while trying to sell you other products. 

Oh I wasn't arguing this particular aspect - it definitely sucks big time. I was just reacting to the fact that folks here seem to still expect the EU shows to actually happen, or at least that's how it looks to me. The stuff you guys are mentioning - I agree 100%. 

24 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Oh I wasn't arguing this particular aspect - it definitely sucks big time. I was just reacting to the fact that folks here seem to still expect the EU shows to actually happen, or at least that's how it looks to me. The stuff you guys are mentioning - I agree 100%. 

I don't think anyone expects the EU shows to happen at all. We all know the score.

What is happening is similar to the travel industry. People know their holidays won't be going ahead but they're stuck in limbo with many operators refusing to acknowledge this until the date of commencement has passed. 

It's the same with the GNR shows, people just want a firm answer, either cancel and refund or a rescheduling (with option for refund if you can't make the new date). It's the lack of communication direct from the band and management that's upsetting folks.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, alfierose said:

I don't think anyone expects the EU shows to happen at all. We all know the score.

What is happening is similar to the travel industry. People know their holidays won't be going ahead but they're stuck in limbo with many operators refusing to acknowledge this until the date of commencement has passed. 

It's the same with the GNR shows, people just want a firm answer, either cancel and refund or a rescheduling (with option for refund if you can't make the new date). It's the lack of communication direct from the band and management that's upsetting folks.

I agree with that. I may have misread it, but I just sort of recall several posts here during the past weeks that I perceived to be in the sentiment like "hey, maybe it still could happen, I mean they still haven’t..." etc., you know what I mean. I get that people are pissed off about the usual non-communication and general TB shenanigans. 
Oh well, thank god... I mean, thank Axl they didn’t play anything new this year, and I therefore haven’t bought a ticket to the EU show! 

• Like 2