Jump to content

Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, Joraz said:

Yet nothing said by official band yet. Appalling really. Only 2 weeks out from the show after this one. No news on that yet 

I expect their plan is to have a sweeping statement that will apply to all shows.

<not an excuse for how they’ve handled this>

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OFFICIAL UPDATE FROM GUNS on Facebook, MAY 11th 2020 - EU SUMMER TOUR WILL NOT BE HAPPENING GN’R Fam: Sadly, the upcoming European tour will not be happening. Things are changing daily and w

Yeah - poor GN’R. Hard to be the big rockstars who have made hundreds of millions of dollars over the last four years and might not get away with making another hundred million this year. Don’t worry

GNR's social media team can't even be assed about changing their cover video on Facebook. It still has cancelled dates from last month up there. Their communications are terrible.

Posted Images

On 05/05/2020 at 12:42 AM, Powerage5 said:

My understanding from the way Iron Maiden has been handling their cancellations is it’s also really out of the hands of the promoter - it seems that the only way no one really gets fucked by their insurance in the event of a cancellation is when the government restricts events from happening. Maiden has been officially cancelling gigs piecemeal as different countries’ governments have restricted events beyond the date of the gig. That way both the band and promoter can say “oh well, out of our hands!” And no one gets burned. Of course, this isn’t really why GN’R haven’t cancelled yet as MANY of their gigs cannot take place, they’re just refusing to announce any cancellations it seems. 

I think gnr are in the exact same boat as Maiden. Insurance is the reason the cancellations haven't been coming more and more. There are a lot of bands caught in the same spot.

They should have just released a statement a month ago saying "we're trying to figure out the best thing to do... blah, blah" saying nothing at all was not the move. So on the PR front they have handled it poorly.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I think gnr are in the exact same boat as Maiden. Insurance is the reason the cancellations haven't been coming more and more. There are a lot of bands caught in the same spot.

They should have just released a statement a month ago saying "we're trying to figure out the best thing to do... blah, blah" saying nothing at all was not the move. So on the PR front they have handled it poorly.

Maiden seem to have a weird mix of cancelled and not......

https://ironmaiden.com/tours/legacy-of-the-beast-tour-2020-2020

Link to post
Share on other sites

Live Nation is coming up with some guidelines for future shows. They're using the Travis McCready show later this month as a preview of what concerts could be like going forward

 

At the McCready show, analyst Ryan Sundby said “fan pods” will consist of anywhere between two and 12 seats, cutting the allowed attendance down to 229 fans, or 20% of normal capacity. Attendees will need to wear masks and have their temperature checked at entry points. Fog sprayers will be used to sanitize the venue, bathrooms will be limited to ten people at a time, and soap and paper towel dispensers will be touchless. As for the concession stand, food and beverages will be prepackaged or have lids, Live Nation-owned Ticketmaster said on its website.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/live-nation-travis-mccready-show-182905084.html?.tsrc=rss

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I think gnr are in the exact same boat as Maiden. Insurance is the reason the cancellations haven't been coming more and more. There are a lot of bands caught in the same spot.

They should have just released a statement a month ago saying "we're trying to figure out the best thing to do... blah, blah" saying nothing at all was not the move. So on the PR front they have handled it poorly.

Exactly. Just give a "heads up" making it clear the tour won't happen as scheduled and that it will be sorted out in a few weeks time. Not having released a single official statement regarding the tour two weeks before it is supposed to begin is what I call handling things poorly and unprofessionally. Big acts like Bon Jovi, Pearl Jam and The Rolling Stones have done so — as they were meant to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I think gnr are in the exact same boat as Maiden. Insurance is the reason the cancellations haven't been coming more and more. There are a lot of bands caught in the same spot.

They should have just released a statement a month ago saying "we're trying to figure out the best thing to do... blah, blah" saying nothing at all was not the move. So on the PR front they have handled it poorly.

Well yeah - insurance is the big issue for a lot of bands. But whereas Maiden have announced gigs are cancelled when they cannot take place due to government restrictions, radio silence from GN’R when a gig officially cannot take place. 

6 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Maiden seem to have a weird mix of cancelled and not......

https://ironmaiden.com/tours/legacy-of-the-beast-tour-2020-2020

Again, Maiden is cancelling gigs as they can whilst blaming it on the government for insurance purposes. Of course none of those gigs will go ahead, but they can’t pull the ticket links, etc. until there’s a government restriction on events for that country. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Well yeah - insurance is the big issue for a lot of bands. But whereas Maiden have announced gigs are cancelled when they cannot take place due to government restrictions, radio silence from GN’R when a gig officially cannot take place. 

Again, Maiden is cancelling gigs as they can whilst blaming it on the government for insurance purposes. Of course none of those gigs will go ahead, but they can’t pull the ticket links, etc. until there’s a government restriction on events for that country. 

Oh yeah! I agree!

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, alfierose said:

That sounds horrendous. I'd rather stay home and watch old shows on youtube.

Yeah, I love going to concerts... but I can wait if that's the proposal! 

End of the day, It can't be fun for the audience and it can't be fun for the audience, so what is the point! just hold off until you can do it even remotely close to how it should be done. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, alangarcianr said:

Bundesliga in Germany is set to continue on may 15 gates closed. Only players and media, and some people still think EU tour will happen. 
It’s definitely postponed

Nobody thinks that....but the band are now 13 days away from it starting and have not said anything, so people are getting pretty pissed off and concerned by the looks of things. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Everything of this sort has been officially banned in Europe till the end of summer by respective governments, people. What are you still expecting? This is not about Guns or Ticketmaster or whoever. Should they communicate it better? Of course. But should you be waiting for some official intel from TB, shifting nervously in the meantime? Sure, go nuts, if that’s what turns you on...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Joraz said:

Yet nothing said by official band yet. Appalling really. Only 2 weeks out from the show after this one. No news on that yet 

Would love the band get a class action lawsuit if they dont issue refunds or cancel.

All they need to do is provide some sort of update for all the fans buying tickets, commuting, paying accommodation. Would not be much of a ask of a band. Maybe just one post if they could spare some time between promoting the non existing tour and a children's book.

I really wonder if axl/slash/duff know how this looks to us fans.

 

Edited by vloors
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Everything of this sort has been officially banned in Europe till the end of summer by respective governments, people. What are you still expecting? This is not about Guns or Ticketmaster or whoever. Should they communicate it better? Of course. But should you be waiting for some official intel from TB, shifting nervously in the meantime? Sure, go nuts, if that’s what turns you on...

No shit  None of us knew that but seems as tbey have £400+ in my £££ & all millions for there other shows like every other band They all come out & told there fans they have either cancelled Or postponed whats the big deal with Guns not doing the same but its OK Guns keep our money let us know nx May 2021 when the new dates drop they quick enough too take the money BUT dont want too give it back when some of us may need it

Elyon 

Edited by Gavin82
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jamillos said:

Everything of this sort has been officially banned in Europe till the end of summer by respective governments, people. What are you still expecting? This is not about Guns or Ticketmaster or whoever. Should they communicate it better? Of course. But should you be waiting for some official intel from TB, shifting nervously in the meantime? Sure, go nuts, if that’s what turns you on...

It's twofold here- primarily there is the money thing. They have people's cash.....but are saying nothing. We know we're not getting the product we paid for (a concert on the date we thought) so are asking what is going on. That's not unreasonable. 

There's also the respect issue. Not many businesses would take someone's money then offer no comment or update whatsoever as to what is going on with the product.....while trying to sell you other products. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gavin82 said:

No shit  None of us knew that but seems as tbey have £400+ in my £££ & all millions for there other shows like every other band They all come out & told there fans they have either cancelled Or postponed whats the big deal with Guns not doing the same but its OK Guns keep our money let us know nx May 2021 when the new dates drop they quick enough too take the money BUT dont want too give it back when some of us may need it

Elyon 

25 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

It's twofold here- primarily there is the money thing. They have people's cash.....but are saying nothing. We know we're not getting the product we paid for (a concert on the date we thought) so are asking what is going on. That's not unreasonable. 

There's also the respect issue. Not many businesses would take someone's money then offer no comment or update whatsoever as to what is going on with the product.....while trying to sell you other products. 

Oh I wasn't arguing this particular aspect - it definitely sucks big time. I was just reacting to the fact that folks here seem to still expect the EU shows to actually happen, or at least that's how it looks to me. The stuff you guys are mentioning - I agree 100%. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Oh I wasn't arguing this particular aspect - it definitely sucks big time. I was just reacting to the fact that folks here seem to still expect the EU shows to actually happen, or at least that's how it looks to me. The stuff you guys are mentioning - I agree 100%. 

I don't think anyone expects the EU shows to happen at all. We all know the score.

What is happening is similar to the travel industry. People know their holidays won't be going ahead but they're stuck in limbo with many operators refusing to acknowledge this until the date of commencement has passed. 

It's the same with the GNR shows, people just want a firm answer, either cancel and refund or a rescheduling (with option for refund if you can't make the new date). It's the lack of communication direct from the band and management that's upsetting folks.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...