Unofficial updates on 2020 tour

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

I agree with that. I may have misread it, but I just sort of recall several posts here during the past weeks that I perceived to be in the sentiment like "hey, maybe it still could happen, I mean they still haven’t..." etc., you know what I mean. I get that people are pissed off about the usual non-communication and general TB shenanigans. 
Oh well, thank god... I mean, thank Axl they didn’t play anything new this year, and I therefore haven’t bought a ticket to the EU show! 

I think you'd have to be living under a bit of a rock to think these shows are still happening.....but some people might, due to the fact the band are still advertising them and the shows are still on sale. It would be stupid, but you could maybe forgive them for thinking that I suppose! 

It could get interesting if the first show passes with no information about when/if the shows are being rescheduled. I mean they can't expect to hold people in limbo after their show date with a vague 'might be rescheduled' offer....can they? 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Lisbon has been officially postponed (not by the band) Just got an email. 

They went to Poland and couldn't find it - so decided under those circumstances they had no option but to cancel!

• Haha 4

I had tickets to seemaiden when they toured Australia and received the below this morning. At least maiden know how to communicate,

hope you and your loved ones are staying safe and well, wherever you may be, and my continued thanks to you all for bearing with us so patiently.

Due to the continuing health issues Worldwide around Covid-19 we regretfully inform you that Iron Maiden will now not be playing any concerts until June 2021.

However, we are now in a position to give you details of our touring plans in respect to those shows we had hoped to play this year.

Firstly, we are very pleased to tell you that we’ve managed to reschedule all our European own-shows on the Legacy Of The Beast tour for June/July 2021 with the exception of Moscow, St Petersburg, Weert and Zurich which unfortunately we have been unable to re-arrange in this period.

To consolidate the tour routing, as you can see, we have added 2 further shows in Arnhem and Antwerp.

We are in the process of inviting back all the Special Guests and supports who were due to play with us this year. Where any band is unable to commit to this due to their own rescheduling situations, we will look at finding other suitable acts of equivalent stature. The majority are already confirmed and can be found here.

Re-arranging the headline Festival dates has unfortunately not been possible. This is mainly because we already had an extremely busy year lined up for 2021 and, as I’m sure you can imagine, a great deal of forward planning has already gone on and there’s only so much we can do within the timeline and logistics already in place. The band enjoy playing at Festivals so please be assured we will get back to as many of these as we can at another time.

In respect of what should have been the opening leg of the 2020 tour starting on May 1 in Perth, Australia and visiting New Zealand, the Philippines, Japan, Dubai and Israel, we are currently working on a possible return to as many of these countries as we can, in some guise, in the first half of 2022, more news on that will follow at the appropriate time.

The band are all fine and send you guys their best wishes, they are very much looking forward to getting back on stage next year and seeing you all so, please, continue to take care of yourselves and stay SMART. 

- Rod

The 2021 schedule is:

JUNE 2021
Fri 11 - POL, Warsaw PGE Narodowy
Sun 13 - GER, Bremen Bürgerweide
Tue 15 - CZE, Prague Sinobo Stadium
Wed 16 - AUT, Wiener Neustadt Stadium Open Air
Sat 19 - SPA, Barcelona Olympic Stadium
Mon 21 - POR, Lisbon Estadio Nacional
Thu 24 - ITA, Bologna Sonic Park
Sat 26 - GER, Stuttgart Mercedes-Benz Arena (Stadium)
Sun 27 - BEL, Antwerps Sportpaleis
Wed 30 - GER, Berlin Waldbühne

JULY 2021
Sat 3 - SWE, Gothenburg Ullevi Stadium
Thu 8 - GER, Cologne Rhein-Energie-Stadium
Sat 10 - HOL, Arnhem GelreDome
Sun 11- FRA, Paris La Defense Arena

Edited by Sydney Fan

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

TtMgazK.jpg

This is hilarious! I joked yesterday that Fernando would give an update on his reddit... and here we go!

I know all bands are different, blah, blah and each team has different ways of operation... but there's no way you look at how GNRs management have handled this and cross compare with a band like Maiden and still think GNRs management are even in the same league. They are completely out played here, It's hard to believe that Axl and co can't see this, but what can ya do!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

This is hilarious! I joked yesterday that Fernando would give an update on his reddit... and here we go!

I know all bands are different, blah, blah and each team has different ways of operation... but there's no way you look at how GNRs management have handled this and cross compare with a band like Maiden and still think GNRs management are even in the same league. They are completely out played here, It's hard to believe that Axl and co can't see this, but what can ya do!

In terms of TB and maiden management not even close, absolutely no way.

Im sure slash and duff havnt mentioned the shows on their social media because they think "thats upto management" and well here we are......

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

TtMgazK.jpg

6 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

What's the deal with Reddit? That can't even be called communication in any ways ! It's fine that WE know where to find these profounded posts by Mr. Flebeis. But doesn't the casual fan, who is also holding tickets for the tour, have the same right to know about the further plans. Nobody outside of "the community" even knows who flebeis is, and where to find his shit, but maybe he's so dumb to think, that THAT'S the real deal to spread his "news":facepalm:

Edited by EricA
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, EricA said:

What's the deal with Reddit? That can't even be called communication in any ways ! It's fine that WE know where to find these profounded posts by Mr. Flebeis. But doesn't the casual fan, who is also holding tickets for the tour, have the same right to know about the further plans. Nobody outside of "the community" even knows who flebeis is, and where to find his shit, but maybe he's so dumb to think, that THATH'S the real deal to spread his "news":facepalm:

Yeah when did Reddit become the official channel of communication. It's terrible to use. Very hard to search things. 

GNR Facebook, Twitter and IG are no good? Is he worried people might get an update? 

7 hours ago, Sausagebrain said:

It's just been announced that, from this week, all people arriving into the UK will need to be quarantined for 14 days. 

So, if you still were holding out any hope that the UK dates would go ahead this month, I think that hope has just been extinguished. 

I don't think anybody thinks it's happening or has done since about March.  That said, the lack of information is truly astounding.  They appear to be the last act before about July playing the UK who haven't cancelled/postponed with or without new dates

25 minutes ago, Carburetta said:

France are not, where did you hear that? 

France is being mentioned on the news this AM. This appears to be a reciprocal arrangement between France and the UK. More details will be announced today i expect. 

10 hours ago, northernsoul said:

I don't think anybody thinks it's happening or has done since about March.  That said, the lack of information is truly astounding.  They appear to be the last act before about July playing the UK who haven't cancelled/postponed with or without new dates

No-one with an ounce of common sense could have expected these shows to happen. 

But you do wonder whether anyone in GnR management actually has any common sense.

There are still links to buy tickets to the European shows on their website! 

Edited by Sausagebrain

35 minutes ago, chinese stew said:

Has the band arrived in Portugal yet?

Thats the easy part there is flights too LIS & as they have there own plane its even easier .

Its the concert or mass gatherings which are banned

47 minutes ago, Sausagebrain said:

No-one with an ounce of common sense could have expected these shows to happen. 

But you do wonder whether anyone in GnR management actually has any common sense.

There are still links to buy tickets to the European shows on their website! 

And the bands booking agent would be dealing with the local promotor, who would be waiting for official confirmation from the government, who would be taking directives from health agencies. 

The band, their management, their booking agent and local promotor cannot control what other countries governments implement around COVID-19 policies. 

They are all at the mercy of those who have the control over these matters. 

Why make an official announcement on somthing you cannot control. 

Australia and New Zealand have closed their borders to all international travellers and that is common knowledge. Clearly an artist, a band, a booking agent and local promotor would understand that touring these countries is not possible at this time. Hence why its an easy decision to postpone or cancel via official public statements by an artist, a band or there representatives. 

Edited by kiwiguns

It really is incredible that we're nine days off the tour starting now and not a word has been said. 

I think the response might be "shows aren't happening, stay tuned for updates about rescheduling" the day before. Then silence as all the dates slide by. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1