Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OFFICIAL UPDATE FROM GUNS on Facebook, MAY 11th 2020 - EU SUMMER TOUR WILL NOT BE HAPPENING GN’R Fam: Sadly, the upcoming European tour will not be happening. Things are changing daily and w

Yeah - poor GN’R. Hard to be the big rockstars who have made hundreds of millions of dollars over the last four years and might not get away with making another hundred million this year. Don’t worry

GNR's social media team can't even be assed about changing their cover video on Facebook. It still has cancelled dates from last month up there. Their communications are terrible.

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

The reason why some users are making assumptions is because there are a lot of similarities between your posts and people we've had trouble with in the past. 

You regularly state your opinions as fact along with continually attempting to insult this forum and it's users. To add to that, you manage to use a lot of the same phrases and terminology that those users did. All the while, giving the impression that you somehow have a general knowledge of this history of this forum while still being a "new user" 

Our policy has always been that we do not allow alt / secondary / new names for old users who have been previously banned when we can prove that it's a returning user. However, there are many tools available to circumvent our ability to check. So much of the time, we have to take a "it is what it is" stance until we can 1) prove something regarding the suspicion or more likely 2) the "new user" continually ramps up their insults of the forum and its users, then they get themselves banned again and we restart the cycle when they open another new account. 

Our view on these accounts is generally to let it go if the user has learned to not insult the forum and it's users. That strategy usually ends up working in our favor as most alt accounts can't help themselves from doing so. 

Welp I can confirm to you that I am not whoever this user is.

I've heard this from other users and I'm sorry y'all have had some bad experiences in the past but it's not particularly welcoming to new fans wanting to get into the community when the existing forum members act like this. At no point am I aiming to insult anyone.

I've 'used' this forum for a long time (used to mostly just check the show threads). But you didn't used to need an account to view more than a few pages a day, so I made an account in 2016 when that was required.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GNR_RNR said:

Welp I can confirm to you that I am not whoever this user is.

I've heard this from other users and I'm sorry y'all have had some bad experiences in the past but it's not particularly welcoming to new fans wanting to get into the community when the existing forum members act like this. At no point am I aiming to insult anyone.

I've 'used' this forum for a long time (used to mostly just check the show threads). But you didn't used to need an account to view more than a few pages a day, so I made an account in 2016 when that was required.

If you're truly not looking to troll the forum, I would highly suggest dialing jack on attempting to twist facts, posting your opinion as fact and telling other users that they have no right to their well founded opinions. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So Slipknot have just announced, similarly to GN'R, that their tour is not going ahead. Now, I know this is a GNR forum but what I found is important here is the specific language used. They both specifically use the phrase "not happening", rather than cancelled/postponed. Assuming this is being done to avoid the discussion of cancellations and the subsequent refunds. Appreciate they do talk about cancellations and refunds but think they will be looking to hold off as long as possible to actually issue these.

EDIT: Also key to note that both Slipknot and GN'R use LiveNation.

EX6G9U6UYAA_o4l?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Edited by CAFC Nick
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve seen guns so many times it’s stupid. A complete defender of the band over the years. Since the reunion started it just hadn’t sat right with me. Saw them 3 times on NITL. I was hesitent to go to MetLife stadium this summer due to the lack of anything with this band and got tickets anyway. I’m praying it’s postponed or cancelled. I’m going to get the refund and won’t go back to see them until new music is here...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair play too BST Hyde  Park they cant confirm for 2021  so they are going too refund everyone in 14 days may take longer due too on going situation BUT if things change later in the year everyone who broughg tixs WILL GET PRIOTY access too tixs before anyone else fair play too Axs.com

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, StayofExecution2020 said:

Right now it's basically impossible to reschedule anything for Europe in 2021 as long as the schedule for the European cup is not clear

I'd be amazed if we hear anything before Christmas. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Just checked. The schedule for the cup is already set.

I'll stick with my Christmas comment though.

They have our money, so there's zero gain for them in announcing rescheduled dates. When they do they'll have to give money back, so they'll delay as long as they possibly can. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I'll stick with my Christmas comment though.

They have our money, so there's zero gain for them in announcing rescheduled dates. When they do they'll have to give money back, so they'll delay as long as they possibly can. 

And? Maybe some of these promoters (and it's not only Live Nation, but also local ones) are fighting for their lives and try to avoid having to pay back everything at once, not knowing when they can make money again. And really, how can you safely reschedule a show when some predict that there won't be any concerts until the end of 2021 or a working vaccine is found? This is a unprecedended situation and while the customer shouldn't be left holding the bag, there is also the other side of promoters already having incurred costs, with nothing to show for it and ending up having to give the money back. On the customer side, the money would be gone either way. It's not gonna kill us, having to wait for a bit to have a chance to get our money back. I'm assuming, most would want to go the rescheduled shows anyway (even if they ask for the money back now and thus complicate the situation).

Edited by PatrickS77
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

And? Maybe some of these promoters (and it's not only Live Nation, but also local ones) are fighting for their lives and try to avoid having to pay back everything at once, not knowing when they can make money again. And really, how can you safely reschedule a show when some predict that there won't be any concerts until the end of 2021 or a working vaccine is found? This is a unprecedended situation and while the customer shouldn't be left holding the bag, there is also the other side of promoters already having incurred costs, with nothing to show for it and ending up having to give the money back. On the customer side, the money would be gone either way. It's not gonna kill us, having to wait for a bit to have a chance to get our money back. I'm assuming, most would want to go the rescheduled shows anyway (even if they ask for the money back now and thus complicate the situation).

Maybe the situation is the same for fans who have fallen on difficult times and have hundreds locked up in a GNR show that they can't attend? 

A few of them have posted above. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Maybe the situation is the same for fans who have fallen on difficult times and have hundreds locked up in a GNR show that they can't attend? 

A few of them have posted above. 

That brings us back to what I said some weeks ago. Still stand by that. I've invested about 3000 in concert tickets for shows that are not happening on the originally scheduled dates. I'm not sweating it. And really, it's fair game for them to wait at least until the original concert date, before they return your money.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PatrickS77 said:

That brings us back to what I said some weeks ago. Still stand by that. I've invested about 3000 in concert tickets for shows that are not happening on the originally scheduled dates. I'm not sweating it. And really, it's fair game for them to wait at least until the original concert date, before they return your money.

 

Good for you. Glad to know you're doing well. 

Now perhaps a little understanding and compassion for those who aren't is on the agenda. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Good for you. Glad to know you're doing well. 

Now perhaps a little understanding and compassion for those who aren't is on the agenda. 

Well. Do you have understanding and compassion for the other side?? Not that you should feel sorry for a faceless corporation which is only there to make money, but still. There are 2 sides to this refunding and rescheduling business. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If I was the manager, the band would have put out a message like this weeks ago:

"Each and every show cancelled due to the virus will be reschedulded as soon as possible. Those unable to attend these shows will get their money back by the time the dates are set at the latest. For those sticking with us through all this we have decided to offer both Izzy and Steven whatever they're asking to do a full classic Guns N' Roses reunion in the middle of each show for these concerts only. On top of that, we also invited Buckethead, Bumblefoot and Robin Finck to play some Chinese Democracy songs with us. We are looking forward to present a couple of new songs to you at these shows. To give you a taste of the upcoming studio album, here's a new song called [song title] you can download for free. We hope you like it. Thank you for your patience, we appreciate it a lot. See you on the road!"

Handwritten by Axl himself and handsigned by him and each member of the current lineup, uploaded on their Facebook and Instagram page along with a photo from the band in the studio.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, adamsapple said:

If I was the manager, the band would have put out a message like this weeks ago:

"Each and every show cancelled due to the virus will be reschedulded as soon as possible. Those unable to attend these shows will get their money back by the time the dates are set at the latest. For those sticking with us through all this we have decided to offer both Izzy and Steven whatever they're asking to do a full classic Guns N' Roses reunion in the middle of each show for these concerts only. On top of that, we also invited Buckethead, Bumblefoot and Robin Finck to play some Chinese Democracy songs with us. We are looking forward to present a couple of new songs to you at these shows. To give you a taste of the upcoming studio album, here's a new song called [song title] you can download for free. We hope you like it. Thank you for your patience, we appreciate it a lot. See you on the road!"

Handwritten by Axl himself and handsigned by him and each member of the current lineup, uploaded on their Facebook and Instagram page along with a photo from the band in the studio.

Yay. I would vote for you as the new Manager. :P;)

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Well. Do you have understanding and compassion for the other side?? Not that you should feel sorry for a faceless corporation which is only there to make money, but still. There are 2 sides to this refunding and rescheduling business. 

Of course. But as you say, it's pretty hard to feel too much understanding and compassion for a corporation like Ticketmaster/Live Nation. Especially with their fucking over of fans for many years now. Sadly I fear that fans come yet again at the very bottom of their concerns. 

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yay. I would vote for you as the new Manager. :P;)

I'm available! ;)

But seriously, they wouldn't even have to offer that much, just a little something, a small note, something nice and personal to connect and let the fans know they care and are excited to perform the cancelled gigs would do.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

I'm available! ;)

But seriously, they wouldn't even have to offer that much, just a little something, a small note, something nice and personal to connect and let the fans know they care and are excited to perform the cancelled gigs would do.

Yeah. But unfortunately all of them totally lack the "caring about the fans". They see us as their bank accounts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah. But unfortunately all of them totally lack the "caring about the fans". They see us as their bank accounts.

Absolutely. I've never seen that so clearly as the last 6 months really. 

I suppose it has always been that way, but it definitely feels like things have ramped up in terms of not giving a shit.

I suppose the band are coming to a 'crunch point' really. They can't continue as they have been doing and expect to make the same returns, as people aren't interested anymore, which is leading them to appear increasingly desperate and as if they expect people to be around constantly to give them money, no matter what they do. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

If I was the manager, the band would have put out a message like this weeks ago:

"Each and every show cancelled due to the virus will be reschedulded as soon as possible. Those unable to attend these shows will get their money back by the time the dates are set at the latest. For those sticking with us through all this we have decided to offer both Izzy and Steven whatever they're asking to do a full classic Guns N' Roses reunion in the middle of each show for these concerts only. On top of that, we also invited Buckethead, Bumblefoot and Robin Finck to play some Chinese Democracy songs with us. We are looking forward to present a couple of new songs to you at these shows. To give you a taste of the upcoming studio album, here's a new song called [song title] you can download for free. We hope you like it. Thank you for your patience, we appreciate it a lot. See you on the road!"

Handwritten by Axl himself and handsigned by him and each member of the current lineup, uploaded on their Facebook and Instagram page along with a photo from the band in the studio.

I think there’s a misunderstanding amongst fans that the band has any real leverage in pushing refunds through at this time. It’s really entirely on the promoter and there’s a long line of tours that are in the same boat. It’s a ton of $ that needs to be moved around. Some of it already spent 

There are certain words/phrases the band probably can’t say for liability reasons, but yes they need to be much more public here. That’s something that needs to be done on multiple levels. People feel the band is a one way relationship. While they may not be able to get fans their $ back in a timely manner, they can provide other things to try and bridge that gap and let them know they care about the situation 

I get that Live Nation and especially Ticketmaster has faults. They also employ and provide income for a lot of people, so i don’t want to see more people out of work in that industry. I think they are trying to find a situation that gets people refunds, keeps essential employees paid, and at least insures a possible future for the business to exist so they can bring people back when it’s time. It’s not going to be easy with the possibility of months or even a year without revenue 

My advice is if you get a chance for a refund, take it. Wait for the rescheduled date and if things aren’t getting better, there might not be a refund from a company that’s close to going under 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Of course. But as you say, it's pretty hard to feel too much understanding and compassion for a corporation like Ticketmaster/Live Nation. Especially with their fucking over of fans for many years now. Sadly I fear that fans come yet again at the very bottom of their concerns. 

 

Exactly. Charging three times face value for tickets to ‘Platinum Artists’ and suchlike - they should have plenty in the bank to see them through. They, and the artists, have been ripping off fans for years. 

Between GNR, Ticketmaster and TB, it’s hard to feel any sympathy for any of them in this situation. 

The postponement/cancellation announcement from GNR was embarrassing. It reads like it was composed in a rush and that they’ve done sweet fuck all to deal with this.

Every other show I’ve had cancelled has offered a refund straight off the bat...

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, circusboy666 said:

I’ve seen guns so many times it’s stupid. A complete defender of the band over the years. Since the reunion started it just hadn’t sat right with me. Saw them 3 times on NITL. I was hesitent to go to MetLife stadium this summer due to the lack of anything with this band and got tickets anyway. I’m praying it’s postponed or cancelled. I’m going to get the refund and won’t go back to see them until new music is here...

Given how strict Governor Murphy has been,  the concert will be either postponed or cancelled at MetLife. Governor Murphy will be allowing beaches to be open, but no restaurants, arcades, or boardwalks  will be open for Memorial Day weekend. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm kinda liking the idea of Live nation and Ticketmaster dying a miserable death. They suck. They ruined live concerts and have been for almost 30 years now.

This is a new chance for the music industry and not the death of it.

 

And those f**king assholes at Livenation charged me 3x what it actually cost to ship the ticket and a VERY large premium for using my credit card, which they surely won't refund (though they should refund EVERYTHING).

So the bastards still make money off of this even if they refund the cost of the ticket that's printed on the ticket.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...