Unofficial updates on 2020 tour

On 4/28/2020 at 3:53 PM, allwaystired said:

Ok. I was thinking 14 days, so next Wednesday it will start. I'll sort it tomorrow. 14 people involved. I'll randomly draw everyone one of those 14 days....see who gets the correct day! 

Probably no prizes or entrance fee (I can't think of a way to organise that properly really)..... it will just be for fun. 

Edited by Original

23 minutes ago, chinese stew said:

I have ticket for that show, still no confirmation of postponed or cancelled. Just want my money back done with this dumbshits.

They announced the postponement on social media.

I've had emails from promoters saying dates are postponed.

I'd suggest checking the junk folder, then either contacting the promoter if they're dragging their heels and if you really need the money then a chargeback should be possible.

1 hour ago, GNR_RNR said:

They announced the postponement on social media.

I've had emails from promoters saying dates are postponed.

I'd suggest checking the junk folder, then either contacting the promoter if they're dragging their heels and if you really need the money then a chargeback should be possible.

They announced "next steps" so this is not confirmation of anything. They could cancel a show, postpone others..etc.

I have a physical ticket and I'm not in Portugal at the moment, so not sure how I'm gonna get my refund.

1 hour ago, Axl_morris said:

Ticketmaster Italy offering a voucher instead of a refund. Not much use if I'm coming from outside Italy

I'd do a chargeback via the bank. Fuck Ticketmaster- they'll do anything to wriggle out of a refund. 

41 minutes ago, chinese stew said:

They announced "next steps" so this is not confirmation of anything. They could cancel a show, postpone others..etc.

I have a physical ticket and I'm not in Portugal at the moment, so not sure how I'm gonna get my refund.

Have you looked into chargebacks too? Best thing to do I think given the current situation and the lack of contact from anyone about anything. 

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2020/may/19/its-no-bed-of-roses-trying-to-get-updates-from-ticketmaster

Only saving grace for the band is that they did eventually cancel... but fuck they left it a long time and there has been some unnecessary damage to their reputation.

Seemed like they just put their hands in the air and said "It's out of our control". Just like they can put out FB messages saying video content is coming, they can do the same saying "We are currently trying to figure out touring plans, hold tight". Anyway... it's done with, we just have to wait on refunds now...

• Like 1

Just to show how screwed up Ticketbastard is right now - Sammy Hagar cancelled his North American tour yesterday.  But, TM is still selling tix to the show.  WTF?!

When GNR cancels or postpones, it will be a mess trying to get money back.

25 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

Just to show how screwed up Ticketbastard is right now - Sammy Hagar cancelled his North American tour yesterday.  But, TM is still selling tix to the show.  WTF?!

When GNR cancels or postpones, it will be a mess trying to get money back.

Sammy Hagar said that Live Nation/Ticketmaster will inform soon. 

14 hours ago, Axl_morris said:

Ticketmaster Italy offering a voucher instead of a refund. Not much use if I'm coming from outside Italy

I'm in the same boat with Ticketmaster Germany, I was going to be coming from the UK.

No doubt the credit on the account will expire before new GNR shows are announced.

7 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2020/may/19/its-no-bed-of-roses-trying-to-get-updates-from-ticketmaster

Only saving grace for the band is that they did eventually cancel... but fuck they left it a long time and there has been some unnecessary damage to their reputation.

Seemed like they just put their hands in the air and said "It's out of our control". Just like they can put out FB messages saying video content is coming, they can do the same saying "We are currently trying to figure out touring plans, hold tight". Anyway... it's done with, we just have to wait on refunds now...

Good to see that the piss poor handling of this is actually getting some media attention. 

Everything is always "out of the band's control" isn't it? Yet other bands seem to manage to handle it so much better. 

Let's see what happens when people try to get refunds.....and how long it takes them to announce rescheduled dates. Worth pointing out that every other band has already done this. I'd bet we don't hear anything until Christmas. 

Edited by allwaystired

10 hours ago, tkarmy said:

They should cancel the US tour already the ticket sales are atrocious anyway.

maybe axl started the virus so he wouldn’t have to perform to empty stadiums 

Unfortunately controlling the spread shut down the bowling alleys as well.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, circusboy666 said:

So my postponed show at MetLife...am I able to get a refund? I have lost my interest in going anyway.

for rage they offered refund right away with new date

Nothing has been said about refunds for Europe shows. Just have to "wait for new dates". 

1 hour ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Well the August Atlanta show is officially postponed, just got this email from the venue.

20200520_105638.jpg

I'd be quite surprised if when this is rescheduled it isn't in an Arena. With sales as weak as they have been, it can't possibly make sense to do it at the same venue....with even less interest than before after you've dished out refunds. 

But then it makes no sense they inexplicably and randomly stepped back up to Stadiums anyway, so who knows?!