Unofficial updates on 2020 tour

9 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Something in GNR world getting delayed that isn't because of themselves?  2020 really is a strange year

Quite the year indeed. Feels like a lifetime ago when Iran shot down that passenger plane back in January....

• 3 weeks later...

Its a fucking joke been a month now everyone has there 2021 dates in no time at all here we are month later....!!!!!

Its going too be a nitemare booking 2021 dates everything is a gamble cant see them letting 80,000k people be stood round side by side any time soon

Altho people have had refunds ive put in for 1 NOT herd owt tho

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2020 at 3:56 PM, James Bond said:

An official announcement? Refunds?

2020 really is the end of the world!

I have been able to request refunds for other postponed or cancelled concerts. So I'm sure you could do the same for GNR.

I'm keeping my concert tickets for GNR, Motley Crue and Kiss, Hopefully they can play sometime in 2021. If not I will request refunds next year.

On 5/21/2020 at 10:27 AM, Tom-Ass said:

So is it canceled or postponed? I want my money back for at least two of my tickets.. Plus I bought through Fenway so not sure how that works. I don't see any info on the Live Nation site regarding this show.

My concert said postponed, but I was able to get refunds to another concert that postponed and had another date in December. I doubt there will be any concerts this year, so I got my refund.

8 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

It's unbelievable we still haven't gotten any information regarding tickets. Amateurish and disrespectful. Fuck you @Fernando

Back in January I've booked holidays for mid of July. I still don't have information about if I'm going to fly or not. Covid 19 fucked the world and nobody knows anything. As long as they won't announce when concerts are allowed again, as long Fernando knows as much as you and I

12 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Back in January I've booked holidays for mid of July. I still don't have information about if I'm going to fly or not. Covid 19 fucked the world and nobody knows anything. As long as they won't announce when concerts are allowed again, as long Fernando knows as much as you and I

but every other band I know has already announced wether they postpone or cancel their gigs. that s the difference. of course if the universe wants to show us the middle finger,  all postponed gigs could get cancelled again.in 2021  due to covid 19 but at least I have received information... from guns you don t receive anything - only if they want you to buy a children s book from fernando..😡

• Like 3

So why then, do have other bands already done their postponements to 2021? Sure we do not know what the future brings in regard of the virus, but doing nothing is dumb in every kind of way, as longer they wait, the harder it'll get to book stadiums for resceduled shows, when everything is already blocked by other events.

@Natty:lol::P;)

Edited by EricA
  • Like 2

People have chased updates and have been told the beginning of next week by venues.....so we'll see. 

It's lose/lose though really. Very few people will BUY tickets for the shows when they announce rescheduled dates (if they haven't already bought them they most likely won't) but many will chase refunds that they'll have to offer as soon as they do so. 

So I suppose from a purely financial point it makes sense to sit on the new dates for as long as possible, even if they have been sorted. 

5 hours ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

It's unbelievable we still haven't gotten any information regarding tickets. Amateurish and disrespectful. Fuck you @Fernando

New dates will be announced July 6th. At least that's what the promoter in Ireland says.

https://mcd.ie/rescheduled-events/

I'm sure that will be for all the (european) dates.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

People would be pissed off if they just started drip feeding dates and assuming their city was off.  So they need to do it together, there may be some cities they don't get back to.  Or have to do a venue change.

It's a shit situation but it's hardly the bands fault.  It's down to the booking agent and Promoter to sort it.

It was interesting though, the guy from The Killers said their booking agent got straight onto this in March and pushed to get them first hold on all the same venues on their preferred dates straight away so they didn't lose out.

They're not the only ones who haven't announced.  Billie Eilish has a massive tour on hold, Elton John has dates to be announced and there will be others.

I have seen a few angry moaning at TM that their city was cancelled from the re-scheduled dates for other acts.  I guess sales/availability related.

LN have also given everybody a 20% haircut on their guarantees according to Billboard I think it was.  So probably having to negotiate stuff like that as well.

I can't excuse them refusing to refund people though until the dates are announced

But wouldn't summer 2021 shows be only announced about a half-year ahead, like it usually is? Maybe not in all cases (festivals?), but I know for sure that when Guns play in Prague in June/July, the news doesn't come before November/December. 

I'm very happy with the seat I got and it's entirely possible I wouldn't be able to buy as good of a ticket if the show gets cancelled.  It's also possible that the entertainment industry will be depressed even after the mythical COVID-19 is beat.

I think it's irresponsible to even assume concerts and large gatherings will be feasible even in 2021.  I would cancel the tour dates outright (where possible), and try again once things return to normal (earliest date is after November 2020)

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

But wouldn't summer 2021 shows be only announced about a half-year ahead, like it usually is? Maybe not in all cases (festivals?), but I know for sure that when Guns play in Prague in June/July, the news doesn't come before November/December. 

Irrelevant. It's a different situation now.

1 hour ago, BigVanVader said:

I'm very happy with the seat I got and it's entirely possible I wouldn't be able to buy as good of a ticket if the show gets cancelled.  It's also possible that the entertainment industry will be depressed even after the mythical COVID-19 is beat.

I think it's irresponsible to even assume concerts and large gatherings will be feasible even in 2021.  I would cancel the tour dates outright (where possible), and try again once things return to normal (earliest date is after November 2020)

Why? They still can cancel again, should the situation not improve.

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Irrelevant. It's a different situation now.

Why? They still can cancel again, should the situation not improve.

But the shows haven't been cancelled.  The shows have been postponed.  I think the below link better expresses my thoughts.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/9338173/tool-cancel-2020-tour

I had tickets to a several concerts that were supposed to happen this summer.  I'm very appreciate of the artists that have cancelled, allowing me to receive a refund for my ticket, vice those that have merely postponed.    

18 minutes ago, BigVanVader said:

But the shows haven't been cancelled.  The shows have been postponed.  I think the below link better expresses my thoughts.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/9338173/tool-cancel-2020-tour

I had tickets to a several concerts that were supposed to happen this summer.  I'm very appreciate of the artists that have cancelled, allowing me to receive a refund for my ticket, vice those that have merely postponed.    

And? I'd rather not have to buy all my tickets again. Especially, when the concerts are seated. It's much easier to postpone and only refund those who insist on it, than to refund everything and then having to sell everything again. Usually you should be able to get a refund either way.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Exactly, which is one more reason nobody knows what's the market gonna look like in summer 2021. Hence no dates yet. Chaos, especially in the US. 

You should look around. Everyone is postponing their dates to next year. GNR will do so too on July 6th. 

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

You should look around. Everyone is postponing their dates to next year. GNR will do so too on July 6th. 

Ok. It's funny though when you look at the link - and surprise surprise, who's one of the very few out of the dozens - maybe a hundred - who hasn't announced anything yet? :lol:

Edited by jamillos

3 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Ok. It's funny though when you look at the link - and surprise surprise, who's one of the very few out of the dozens - maybe a hundred - who hasn't announced anything yet? :lol:

Not surprising though, is it? ;) That band is always late.