Jump to content

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Sadly I think the dial will swing the other way - the Live Nation/Ticketmaster are already increasing their stranglehold on the industry, insisting bands get paid less for their rescheduled shows, that if the band cancel they are forced to pay Live Nation etc. etc. The fans will get equally screwed. 

Sadly though, with the monopoly, it comes to a point of "go to concerts and get ripped off, or don't go at all". I try to buy my tickets from ANY place possible that isn't ticketmaster/live nation, as a very small protest, but really it makes little difference as many venues are entirely controlled by them anyway. 

Like you though, I do hope the whole concert ticketing system comes crashing down and is replaced with something better and more fair. 

 

Yeah mate, you’re exactly right. And yes it is really frustrating and sad that it is either you go to a concert and get ripped off, or don’t go at all. I mean, I’m fine with paying a decent amount for attending a show that probably cost a lot to put on, and I’m even okay with the bands and artists I love making a lot of money, but the ticketing companies just use a lot of smokescreens and deception when selling tickets to really gouge their customers, us... 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OFFICIAL UPDATE FROM GUNS on Facebook, MAY 11th 2020 - EU SUMMER TOUR WILL NOT BE HAPPENING GN’R Fam: Sadly, the upcoming European tour will not be happening. Things are changing daily and w

Yeah - poor GN’R. Hard to be the big rockstars who have made hundreds of millions of dollars over the last four years and might not get away with making another hundred million this year. Don’t worry

150% in concert cash, eh? Sounds great until a year from now when Ticketmaster adds the "50% Concert Cash Processing Fee" to any orders purchased via concert cash.

Posted Images

As i jus posted Melbourne confirms full lock down for 2nd time 5 million people & this could well happen in UK or main land EU over the coming months & these bands are planning shows for 2021.........

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gavin82 said:

As i jus posted Melbourne confirms full lock down for 2nd time 5 million people & this could well happen in UK or main land EU over the coming months & these bands are planning shows for 2021.........

Its a shit situation.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Less than 12 hours after asking for a refund for the gigs, Getting a refund back for 2 tickets for both London, Glaagow & Dublin.. Decent service that as they got a kickin for giving no information out a while back 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

Maybe they know something we don't as in these shows ain't getting re booked

I think if it was definitely cancelled they'd automatically refunded everyone rather than us having to apply for a refund 

 

If its rescheduled and safe to, I'll be going again to all 3 venues/4 shows 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, dando said:

Less than 12 hours after asking for a refund for the gigs, Getting a refund back for 2 tickets for both London, Glaagow & Dublin.. Decent service that as they got a kickin for giving no information out a while back 

Yeah. I've also asked for a refund now, as I've realized that with the cancellation of the 2 Diana Ross Shows, I'm not going to travel to Ireland. Rather see them somewhere I can go by car. Hopefully they refund everyone who asks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah. I've also asked for a refund now, as I've realized that with the cancellation of the 2 Diana Ross Shows, I'm not going to travel to Ireland. Rather see them somewhere I can go by car. Hopefully they refund everyone who asks.

Took less than 12 hours to reply to me, so yeah they're good... GNR & Diana Ross.. Thats verity 😂 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dando said:

Took less than 12 hours to reply to me, so yeah they're good... GNR & Diana Ross.. Thats verity 😂 

Hope so. Yeah, there's only 2 kinds of music. ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Guns is one of the many touring acts who've just received loans from the US gov, via the Paycheck Protection Program to pay their out of work touring professionals. To me this is an indicator of this situation not resolving itself anytime soon for live concerts.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/eagles-guns-n-roses-pearl-jam-ppp-loans/

https://www.rollingstone.com/pro/news/eagles-pearl-jam-guns-n-roses-ppp-loans-1025111/

(These loans were granted and announced on July 6th, I'm not sure if thats at all related to bands announcing cancellations that same day? :shrugs:)

 

Edit: @Gavin82posted at the same time! :headbang:

Edited by soon
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, soon said:

Guns is one of the many touring acts who've just received loans from the US gov, via the Paycheck Protection Program to pay their out of work touring professionals. To me this is an indicator of this situation not resolving itself anytime soon for live concerts.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/eagles-guns-n-roses-pearl-jam-ppp-loans/

https://www.rollingstone.com/pro/news/eagles-pearl-jam-guns-n-roses-ppp-loans-1025111/

(These loans were granted and announced on July 6th, I'm not sure if thats at all related to bands announcing cancellations that same day? :shrugs:)

Oh, right. For the 585 mio. $ small business?!? :facepalm:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Fernando meanwhile:

...-> add to cart...->proceed to payment...

jokes aside, i really hope the right people from their entourage get the money!

Edited by EricA
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Time for Live Nation and ticketbastard to give us our refund option for the 2020 US tour.  I won't be holding onto tickets for 2021.  Concerts won't be happening next year either.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BadApples87 said:

Time for Live Nation and ticketbastard to give us our refund option for the 2020 US tour.  I won't be holding onto tickets for 2021.  Concerts won't be happening next year either.

 

I can't believe they haven't given you the option!! 2021 gigs wont happen... China will have killed half of us by then 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dando said:

I can't believe they haven't given you the option!! 2021 gigs wont happen... China will have killed half of us by then 

Yup it's ridiculous.  The shows were postponed on May 20.  Come on dudes.  Even Slash has been quoted as saying he's not sure the gigs will go forward in '21.  Give us a refund already!

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Joraz said:

Does anyone honestly think the November shows will happen? Just curious 

I would be surprised if they happen. Numbers are climbing again in places that were doing better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Joraz said:

Does anyone honestly think the November shows will happen? Just curious 

I consider it highly improbable; however, summer 2021 could be different, hard to say for now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I consider it highly improbable; however, summer 2021 could be different, hard to say for now. 

Or at least there could be some EU dates instead. We seem to have handled the situation slightly better than, you know, a certain very stable genius.

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Or at least there could be some EU dates instead. We seem to have handled the situation slightly better than, you know, a certain very stable genius.

Oh I don't know. The UK have certainly given the very stable genius a run for his money. 

It's almost like electing incapable, arrogant, self-centered, self-promoting, unlistening, uncaring, money and power crazed clowns lead to problems. Who'd have thought it? If only we'd known! 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's now I'm so grateful all the shows I've been too & all the Citys I've been able too see I'm sure it will be 2022 before we see 20,000 + people all stood around.

& Festivals like DL IOW & Glastonbury all way over 100.000 people lols they were the days Mr Glasto him self has said Glasto will go bust if no 2021

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...