Unofficial updates on 2020 tour

Interesting to note that just had an email that Lady Gaga has confirmed a date for Spurs Stadium Jul-2021 so the logistics of Premier League season and availability must be known. Interesting she has put a Friday show on sale similar to Guns  did presuming a Saturday added subject to demand.  One wonders with potential for reduced demand whether bands may "share" a basic preparing of the stadium for a concert like has been seen many times - would help margins etc

4 hours ago, jamillos said:

Nobody knows how 2021 will look like, so any current announcements are irrelevant anyway. 

unfortunately you are 100% right. I hate this uncertainty about next year. I want to be able to go again to concerts. I need to go!!! like Skid Row sing "I need a fix of Rock n Roll"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gavin82 said:

Bojo confirms people will be allowed too attend Stadiums from coming Oct this is obviously in England 

Only a maybe, and for certain socially distanced sports events though........

Edit: Maybe for music events too? I'm not sure. It's very difficult to understand whenever that jackarse opens his mouth and starts farting exactly what he's on about!  

Edited by allwaystired

2 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

Had tickets for the Spurs stadium in London, applied for a full refund only yesterday, already issued back on my card. Quite happy with that. Will re-buy if needed later in the year when at least the outlook on vaccine etc is clearer.

Were you notified via email that refunds were open?

37 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Were you notified via email that refunds were open?

Nope! Just got sick of waiting. Navigating my way through their website to the refunds application form was not the easiest (the cynical side of me thinks it is intentionally hidden), but once there you just fill in the form, piece of cake. I think you can apply for a refund for any gig that is postponed due to covid but that is not fully rescheduled yet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stress Fracture said:

It’s a simple rule. Every leader should watch what Boris Johnson does and then do the opposite.

The absolute pits of 'leadership'. The fact we ended up with someone like him in charge of the country is both depressing and terrifying. 

I'm glad Boris is looking to getting events back on, will certainly give people things to look forward to and will help jobs too.

I think they've announced that indoor concerts can get the green light from August as well? But we'll see if they go ahead.

The only issue could be local lockdowns (which is why the drive in concerts were cancelled), but might give local acts a bit of a boost.

2 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

I had my refund in June for London I just put a refund request in took 14 days which is fair given there is tens of thousands too refund 

Yeah I've found refunds to be pretty easy to get considering the scale they must be dealing with.

Will be mostly re-buying tickets in future when things settle down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GNR_RNR said:

I'm glad Boris is looking to getting events back on, will certainly give people things to look forward to and will help jobs too.

I think they've announced that indoor concerts can get the green light from August as well? But we'll see if they go ahead.

The only issue could be local lockdowns (which is why the drive in concerts were cancelled), but might give local acts a bit of a boost.

Yeah I've found refunds to be pretty easy to get considering the scale they must be dealing with.

Will be mostly re-buying tickets in future when things settle down.

Only events with strict social distancing though, so it's a non starter for most small-medium venues. It isn't worth them opening really, in terms of he capacity they could allow (alongside the logistical and practical things/expenses). 

Rest assured the only thing Boris is 'looking to do' is keep his rich buddies rich. The live music industry (at anything over than arena/stadium level) has so little in money in it, he couldn't care less. Hence 4 venues collapsing last week, and many many more rumoured for the next few weeks. It's a truly impossible situation they're in- even if they were allowed to open, with social distancing it makes it financially unviable. There are a lot of insurance implications too (I think that was what did for those drive-in gigs). 

There seems to be a real mix - some are finding refunds easy to get, others much more difficult. Any tips? 

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Only events with strict social distancing though, so it's a non starter for most small-medium venues. It isn't worth them opening really, in terms of he capacity they could allow (alongside the logistical and practical things/expenses). 

Rest assured the only thing Boris is 'looking to do' is keep his rich buddies rich. The live music industry (at anything over than arena/stadium level) has so little in money in it, he couldn't care less. Hence 4 venues collapsing last week, and many many more rumoured for the next few weeks. It's a truly impossible situation they're in- even if they were allowed to open, with social distancing it makes it financially unviable. There are a lot of insurance implications too (I think that was what did for those drive-in gigs). 

There seems to be a real mix - some are finding refunds easy to get, others much more difficult. Any tips? 

I'd say this would help small/mid more than large venues. They can easily make a profit out of sales with the capacity defined by 1m distancing. I'd wager arenas could make some use of this as well (but the logistics of getting an arena stage show on the road sounds like a bigger issue). We'll get live events back soon, just in a different form and scale.

There's more than enough money in small level gigs to make it a concern of more business minded politicians. Ticketmaster will be desperate for the ability to book new events and will be lobbying as such. Many venues have collapsed because they were already near the breadline sadly. The small to mid sized venues need to be allowed to open to protect even a fraction of the original jobs.

The drive in gigs were cancelled because local lockdowns had the ability to potentially shut down multiple stops on the tour. A real shame too because they seemed at least a solid  concept. So yeah they didn't want to deal with whatever outlandish premium they would have to pay for insurance. 

No tips for refunds as such, just went through the Ticketmaster form that they have. Some have taken longer than others. They must be swamped in claims atm though so times may vary. TM must be hurting for cash atm, would not be surprised if some kind of bailout ended up going their way.

16 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

I'd say this would help small/mid more than large venues. They can easily make a profit out of sales with the capacity defined by 1m distancing. I'd wager arenas could make some use of this as well (but the logistics of getting an arena stage show on the road sounds like a bigger issue). We'll get live events back soon, just in a different form and scale.

There's more than enough money in small level gigs to make it a concern of more business minded politicians. Ticketmaster will be desperate for the ability to book new events and will be lobbying as such. Many venues have collapsed because they were already near the breadline sadly. The small to mid sized venues need to be allowed to open to protect even a fraction of the original jobs.

The drive in gigs were cancelled because local lockdowns had the ability to potentially shut down multiple stops on the tour. A real shame too because they seemed at least a solid  concept. So yeah they didn't want to deal with whatever outlandish premium they would have to pay for insurance. 

No tips for refunds as such, just went through the Ticketmaster form that they have. Some have taken longer than others. They must be swamped in claims atm though so times may vary. TM must be hurting for cash atm, would not be surprised if some kind of bailout ended up going their way.

You'll have to trust me on this one - I'm closely involved with smaller venues, and they simply can't manage shows with social distancing. A big part of that is no promoter could make overheads meet in smaller venues with the limited capacity that smaller venues have. The maths just doesn't work. You have to remember that a lot of shows only turn profits if capacity is 70% and over. For some venues (of which the Royal Opera House is one, bizarrely) capacity has to be over 90%. So no promoter will hire a venue, pay the bands fee etc as they know that they can't legally sell enough tickets to get anywhere near covering their outlay. Internal promotion carries the same risks, less the venue hire (but remember that a huge amount of any venues gigs comes from external promotions). 

So when you put in the expenses involved with physically opening a venue (think things like paying for security, paying for staff, lighting, heating, cleaning etc etc), and having a maximum capacity that is seriously reduced, venues are in the position that they'd lose more money being open than staying closed, mad as that sounds. 

The venues that closed weren't (worryingly) actually in bad financial condition. The Manchester ones especially were very healthy and busy venues, which is very concerning. if they were tin-pot operations I suppose it would be easier to understand. 

Again, with the drive-in gigs, I've been told it was an insurance issue- because of the higher risk of cancellation, the rates they were being quoted were exorbitant and they couldn't make the money-side work. Obviously the fact that they could be cancelled at any moment was the main reason for this. 

My (entirely speculative) guess is that we will start to see larger gigs, both outside and indoors, around May of next year. Before that I think we'll see a sprinkling of 'experimental' type shows, such as the drive-in shows were attempting. 

8 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

They are rescheduling US dates and will release new dates for 2021 shows next Monday, the 27th. I have tickets to Atlanta and got an email about them yesterday.

Good stuff. As a note of caution though, the Dublin show did tell people that rescheduling information would be coming on July 6th and it didn't.......just to be prepared! 

Edited by allwaystired

1 hour ago, chinese stew said:

I've asked many times for my Lisbon show refund, still getting same answer. They are wanting for new date to be announced.

They won't get you a refund. When they can put on a new show within a year of the original date, they don't have to refund you. That's Portugal's great new law.

19 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Again, with the drive-in gigs, I've been told it was an insurance issue- because of the higher risk of cancellation, the rates they were being quoted were exorbitant and they couldn't make the money-side work. Obviously the fact that they could be cancelled at any moment was the main reason for this. 

My (entirely speculative) guess is that we will start to see larger gigs, both outside and indoors, around May of next year. Before that I think we'll see a sprinkling of 'experimental' type shows, such as the drive-in shows were attempting. 

Good stuff. As a note of caution though, the Dublin show did tell people that rescheduling information would be coming on July 6th and it didn't.......just to be prepared! 

In Germany they are currently doing quite a lot of drive-In shows. Acts like Doro Pesch or Nena have/had a couple scheduled. Also the biggest indoor arena in Germany, Cologne's Lanxess arena is doing social distancing shows. That place is big enough, so they have smaller acts with quite a crowd, as they wouldn't fill up the place anyone. Not sure how that works though in terms of having to pay the rent for the place. But then again, it's a series of concerts in that arena, so probably different rules apply.

As for the Dublin anouncement, it now says on Ticketmaster: A note from event organisers: “We are still working on European 2021 dates. It will be another week before finalising. We appreciate your patience & apologies for any inconvenience caused - hold on to your tickets and thank you for your support. Best wishes, MCD Productions.

• Like 1