Unofficial updates on 2020 tour

7 hours ago, RussTCB said:

How easy would it be to make one post that simply says "We, like every other artist, are figuring out the next steps. We'll update you as soon as there's news to share"? 

It’s funny - they’ve now posted something on Facebook showing LiveNations refund policy and it’s caused more confusion than anything. Majority of responses being “oh I guess it is cancelled then?” :lol:

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

2 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

It’s funny - they’ve now posted something on Facebook showing LiveNations refund policy and it’s caused more confusion than anything. Majority of responses being “oh I guess it is cancelled then?” :lol:

It's probably Live Nation's responsibility to cancel so GNR is liable for the cancellation.

40 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

For the GNR Fam :facepalm:

And anyone who needs or wants their money back will have the option to get a full refund within 30 days once a show has been canceled or new dates have been finalized.

I'll give them credit for at least posting something, since Fernando was called out on reddit a few hours ago about the band acting like the tour is going ahead. They probably can't just outright say the shows aren't happening yet.

And yea 'GNR fam' is stupid.

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tsinindy said:

I don't think the decision is up to GnR.  It appears they are contractually obligated to play the shows they have scheduled unless the promoter or whoever booked the shows cancels/reschedules (or the govt prohibits the show from occurring at the time it is scheduled).  This is seemingly why they went ahead and played the mexico date.  

Yes. But that still doesn't mean that shows that can't be performed now would get cancelled.

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

And anyone who needs or wants their money back will have the option to get a full refund within 30 days once a show has been canceled or new dates have been finalized.

I'll give them credit for at least posting something, since Fernando was called out on reddit a few hours ago about the band acting like the tour is going ahead. They probably can't just outright say the shows aren't happening yet.

And yea 'GNR fam' is stupid.

At least now we know for sure, it is Fernando. As if we needed confirmation. ;)

But really, fuck that 30 days to say whether you want to return tickets. I got 25 shows booked this year, some I only attend because they are in proximity to another and can be done in one trip. How the hell am I supposed to know which ones I keep when all of them get rescheduled? Fuck them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, k12 said:

they are offering up to 150% of your ticket value in "concert cash" as an option as well, it sounds like your best bet is to get that concert cash and than just re-buy your tickets with it

That does sound a good deal. Too good to be true. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cineater said:

It's probably Live Nation's responsibility to cancel so GNR is liable for the cancellation.

Yeah completely understand that, but there needs to be some context as to why they are posting it. I don’t think it would be unfair to say that the shows were at risk and they were awaiting more information.

3 hours ago, CAFC Nick said:

Yeah completely understand that, but there needs to be some context as to why they are posting it. I don’t think it would be unfair to say that the shows were at risk and they were awaiting more information.

I take it to mean the US shows are not happening really. 

There’s a real chance that stadium concerts won’t be able to take place until September 2021 which would rule Europe out next year too.

And with the way the US and large parts of Europe have and are handling this, the forecasts get gloomier and gloomier.

Edited by Stress Fracture

12 hours ago, CAFC Nick said:

This is exactly why there was no update until now. 

Better to post nothing than a vague update that lets people fill in the blanks themselves.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I take it to mean the US shows are not happening really. 

Right, but if you have spent $$$ on tickets, travel and accommodation, should you have to interpret something? Least they should do is provide a proper statement on the current status.

54 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

This is exactly why there was no update until now. 

Better to post nothing than a vague update that lets people fill in the blanks themselves.

Totally understand that - just surprised how they can’t post something to say “We intend to play these shows but will be carefully monitoring the situation and will provide an update once we have been able to determine a resolution”. That would show fans that they are wanting to but that it isn’t officially postponed/cancelled, while actually showing some respect for fans that will need to make travel plans.

14 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Chinese Democracy 2 with Buckethead and Brain on 80% of the music. :awesomeface:

You know, I wouldn't mind a track or 2 left over with Buckethead on it. He won me over with his There Was A Time solo. But put it on some deluxe edition as bonustracks or something.

Ha, deluxe edition. Even I'm talking crazy now.

39 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

Right, but if you have spent $$$ on tickets, travel and accommodation, should you have to interpret something? Least they should do is provide a proper statement on the current status.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm with you totally. Clarity is absolutely what's needed. 

24 minutes ago, UcudBmine said:

You know, I wouldn't mind a track or 2 left over with Buckethead on it. He won me over with his There Was A Time solo. But put it on some deluxe edition as bonustracks or something.

Ha, deluxe edition. Even I'm talking crazy now.

To be fair, at this point even a standalone single might as well be considered a bonus track. The bonus being that it even got released!

Unless Id never seen Guns or unless there was some special reason to attend the show (like your friend who got you into GNR is having a birthday or something) Id be too let down and offended to attend the shows now. This is no way to treat fans. 

10 hours ago, k12 said:

they are offering up to 150% of your ticket value in "concert cash" as an option as well, it sounds like your best bet is to get that concert cash and than just re-buy your tickets with it

It sounds tempting, apart from the fact that I would have to go through the same hassle to get good seats again. But really I don't trust them enough to let them keep my money for 1,5 years, if the worst case scenario should come to pass. And what happens if this company or the promoter goes belly up, because they can't do concerts for a year.

• Like 2