10 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

And we have a winner.

Breaking news, we have smaller stadiums or other outdoor loction with less capacity in Europe, where they could have easily switched to. But probably these ones are not good enough for GnR.

Well, i guess it's time to "Move On"

• Like 1
  • Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OFFICIAL UPDATE FROM GUNS on Facebook, MAY 11th 2020 - EU SUMMER TOUR WILL NOT BE HAPPENING GN’R Fam: Sadly, the upcoming European tour will not be happening. Things are changing daily and w

Yeah - poor GN’R. Hard to be the big rockstars who have made hundreds of millions of dollars over the last four years and might not get away with making another hundred million this year. Don’t worry

150% in concert cash, eh? Sounds great until a year from now when Ticketmaster adds the "50% Concert Cash Processing Fee" to any orders purchased via concert cash.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, EricA said:

Breaking news, we have smaller stadiums or other outdoor loction with less capacity in Europe, where they could have easily switched to. But probably these ones are not good enough for GnR.

Well. Go big or go home. :P;) In all seriousness, I wouldn't have minded if they had scrapped that tour altogether and done arenas in the fall and winter of 2021. Much better likelihood of the shows happening and we hadn't had arena shows here before.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 2

Just my take on it but working in financial industry on a pure profit basis there is no way they will keep a tour out on the road with 6 days between dates if there is the demand for shows that can make money (or at least soak up fixed costs).

More than likely are in negotiation to be added to other festivals etc - what odds Glastonbury 2021 which starts after the Glasgow show and a free weekend on that schedule? ;)

I'm done with this band.

" It has not been possible to reschedule the Guns N’ Roses concert, previously scheduled for June 17 2020 at PGE Narodowy in Warsaw.  

Instead of a refund we'd like to offer you a voucher which could be used for any of shows organised by Live Nation sp. z o.o., being on sale at Ticketmaster.pl

For the regulations regarding vouchers please go to:

VOUCHER REGULATIONS 

Should you choose to receive a voucher please let us know by completing the form below. Please remember to accept voucher regulations.
"

They are required by law to return the full cost including transaction fees and can't force anyone to accept a voucher at least...

2 minutes ago, bassplayer1993 said:

I'm done with this band.

" It has not been possible to reschedule the Guns N’ Roses concert, previously scheduled for June 17 2020 at PGE Narodowy in Warsaw.  

Instead of a refund we'd like to offer you a voucher which could be used for any of shows organised by Live Nation sp. z o.o., being on sale at Ticketmaster.pl

VOUCHER REGULATIONS 

Should you choose to receive a voucher please let us know by completing the form below. Please remember to accept voucher regulations.
"

They are required by law to return the full cost including transaction fees and can't force anyone to accept a voucher at least...

I'm no expert, but I don't think they're forcing it; it looks like just an offer. 

It is an offer, but the mail is misleading. Many people will fall for it thinking that's the only refund option. I know my rights and have already sent a refund request.

The whole thing is so scummy. Most bands have long since notified their fans about ALL rescheduled dates, no cancellations.

GNR is GNR. I found out 1,5 months after the show was gonna happen that my show is cancelled because fuck me, right?

Edited by bassplayer1993
23 minutes ago, bassplayer1993 said:

One of the few countries, who doesn't fuck over concert goers.

Once more the regulations in europan countries:

https://www.evz.de/en/shopping-internet/coronavirus-cancelled-events.html

Edited by PatrickS77

Eh, they can still try to weasel themselves outta transaction fees and the cost to deliver the ticket (both massively over-inflated of course), but the special COVID law specifically says "All costs must be returned" so I have hope that everything will be refunded.

I should be mad at Ticketmaster, but...

The way the band handled re-scheduling and cancelling is too much for me.

1 hour ago, EricA said:

Might not be big enough for the stage, might also be unavailable during the same window of time. Lots of reasons why a show might not have been feasible for rescheduling.

If we know one thing about GNR... they are absolutely not shy about playing gigs and making lots of money!! It's also the only thing they aren't shy about :D I don't know what the sales were like but Europe has always been good for GNR so I'd guess they either had existing immovable plans set, or because of the routing of the rescheduled dates it would have been really difficult getting their crew to certain gigs to set up the stage... and then there's the insurance end of things. 

2 hours ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Maybe there's just so few shows cause the sale went so horribly bad? I can't imagine they weren't able to get a date for Hamburg. Every big band was able to get rescheduled dates for the same time next year. 

Yeah, I can't see it being anything other than this, possibly combined with a refusal to play for lower fees that Ticketmaster were demanding.  You don't wipe 7 countries off the map due to 'scheduling confliçts'.... especially if you're willing to change venues as they clearly are, so it's got to be poor sales. 

44 minutes ago, bassplayer1993 said:

Eh, they can still try to weasel themselves outta transaction fees and the cost to deliver the ticket (both massively over-inflated of course), but the special COVID law specifically says "All costs must be returned" so I have hope that everything will be refunded.

I should be mad at Ticketmaster, but...

The way the band handled re-scheduling and cancelling is too much for me.

I'm not getting a refund on any of my fees or postage apparently. So I'm out of pocket. 

41 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

No prague show... I’m sad

Warsaw show is  cancelled.  they wrote: It has not been possible to reschedule the Guns N’ Roses concert, previously scheduled for June 17 2020 at PGE Narodowy in Warsaw. Ticket holders for the original show date will receive an email from their ticketing company with refund options. " :(

2 hours ago, UK_GNR said:

Just my take on it but working in financial industry on a pure profit basis there is no way they will keep a tour out on the road with 6 days between dates if there is the demand for shows that can make money (or at least soak up fixed costs).

More than likely are in negotiation to be added to other festivals etc - what odds Glastonbury 2021 which starts after the Glasgow show and a free weekend on that schedule? ;)

Glastonbury is notorious for paying very little (bands do it 'for the love') so there's a problem right there........

4 hours ago, JY2016 said:

The two shows that I had tickets for (Pinkpop festival and Hamburg) are both gone. But there are still some gaps in the schedule. Hopefully they can add one or two shows in between (please do Nijmegen)...

Well, I took the bait and just purchased a FOS1 for Munich. Even though Eventim.de has a very cumbersome voucher process for the ticket for the Aerosmith gig (you need to fill in the barcode of your ticket, then retrieve a PDF and send that with the original ticket back to them (maybe that is different in you do live in Germany but I am from the Netherlands), how old-fashioned) so I could not use a voucher code yet (and GNR Hamburg was purchased through TM), I could not resist purchasing a ticket for a show in a stadium with GNR history due to the Estranged video and it will probably be the only GNR gig next year. I would have preferred two nights in London, but as I will go on Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday to Pearl Jam (the latter at Pinkpop on the day GNR was supposed to play), I can not defend to my family to go to London on Friday and Saturday in between...

2 minutes ago, JY2016 said:

Well, I took the bait and just purchased a FOS1 for Munich. Even though Eventim.de has a very cumbersome voucher process for the ticket for the Aerosmith gig (you need to fill in the barcode of your ticket, then retrieve a PDF and send that with the original ticket back to them (maybe that is different in you do live in Germany but I am from the Netherlands), how old-fashioned) so I could not use a voucher code yet (and GNR Hamburg was purchased through TM), I could not resist purchasing a ticket for a show in a stadium with GNR history due to the Estranged video and it will probably be the only GNR gig next year. I would have preferred two nights in London, but as I will go on Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday to Pearl Jam (the latter at Pinkpop on the day GNR was supposed to play), I can not defend to my family to go to London on Friday and Saturday in between...

Huh? A Barcode, a PDF and then mailing the PDF along with the actual ticket?? Wow. Sounds like a joke. And then? You get a voucher for the cancelled Aerosmith show, but no money? I have bought with Ticketbastard and still haven't heard back from them how refunds for the cancelled Aerosmith and System of a down Shows work. I was hoping that Live Nation would be fair and refund tickets. I fucking hate these assholes (TM and concertpromoters) so much.

2 hours ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Maybe there's just so few shows cause the sale went so horribly bad? I can't imagine they weren't able to get a date for Hamburg. Every big band was able to get rescheduled dates for the same time next year. 

Nah I'd say the huge delay in announcement hints at them being behind other acts in rescheduling and as a result scrambling to find venues that fit in with the tour route. Especially with no guarantee that the dates even go ahead. 

Still sucks for a lot of people. Timing of the announcement was just weird too.

1 hour ago, bassplayer1993 said:

I'm done with this band.

VOUCHER REGULATIONS 

"

FWIW That has nothing to to with the band.

9 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Huh? A Barcode, a PDF and then mailing the PDF along with the actual ticket?? Wow. Sounds like a joke. And then? You get a voucher for the cancelled Aerosmith show, but no money? I have bought with Ticketbastard and still haven't heard back from them how refunds for the cancelled Aerosmith and System of a down Shows work. I was hoping that Live Nation would be fair and refund tickets. I fucking hate these assholes (TM and concertpromoters) so much.

Absolute wankers. Fuck them. 

I also refuse to believe that 8 countries had no suitable venues available at all. 

9 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Nah I'd say the huge delay in announcement hints at them being behind other acts in rescheduling and as a result scrambling to find venues that fit in with the tour route. Especially with no guarantee that the dates even go ahead. 

Still sucks for a lot of people. Timing of the announcement was just weird too.

FWIW That has nothing to to with the band.

Management though, on the other hand... the way this was handled compared to other big bands is unacceptable.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Absolute wankers. Fuck them. 

I also refuse to believe that 8 countries had no suitable venues available at all. 

Yeah. That is total bs. Anyone could see how ticket sales were. Open a seating chart and check how many seats are available. Under normal circumstances they certainly would have sold some more tix closer to the date. But not when everyone is scared and wary of big crowds and maybe needs the money otherwise. Some people just don't want to face facts and search for excuses.

• Like 1
Just now, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah. That is total bs. Anyone could see how ticket sales were. Open a seating chart and check how many seats are available. Under normal circumstances they certainly would have sold some more tix closer to the date. But not when everyone is scared and wary of big crowds and maybe needs the money otherwise. Some people just don't want to face facts and search for excuses.

Absolutely. It's black and white for everyone to see. 

I get why people are upset, but just keep in mind the chances of the 2021 dates happening are slim too! We're heading into September now and signs of going back to normal are still way off! Still no pubs in Ireland!! I mean that's a big indicator that things aren't good! I think this is optimistic booking at best!! 

2 minutes ago, bassplayer1993 said:

Management though, on the other hand... the way this was handled compared to other big bands is unacceptable.

Yes and no.

Absolutely the management have been poor at keeping fans up to date on what was happening. But it's also an unprecedented situation.

Biggest issue is that even with their EU statement they managed to put it out in the middle of the night.

As for the actual refunds that has nothing to do with the band.

15 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yep, it is a joke. Maybe it is different if you purchased a mobile ticket, but that was not possible for the Netherlands. But still, they should just process this proactively and automatically, they have all the info of their customers