Unofficial updates on 2020 tour

13 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I get why people are upset, but just keep in mind the chances of the 2021 dates happening are slim too! We're heading into September now and signs of going back to normal are still way off! Still no pubs in Ireland!! I mean that's a big indicator that things aren't good! I think this is optimistic booking at best!! 

Unless there's a vaccine that is tested and available for everyone in the world, concerts like these probably won't happen. And it's hard to imagine this process will be done in under a year. 

31 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Huh? A Barcode, a PDF and then mailing the PDF along with the actual ticket?? Wow. Sounds like a joke. And then? You get a voucher for the cancelled Aerosmith show, but no money? I have bought with Ticketbastard and still haven't heard back from them how refunds for the cancelled Aerosmith and System of a down Shows work. I was hoping that Live Nation would be fair and refund tickets. I fucking hate these assholes (TM and concertpromoters) so much.

Yes I had to do the same for Slipknot via Eventim. Welcome to the 90s

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

It's August 5th! Haha! 

Yeah, maybe people are dodging a bullet and getting refunds earlier. Fuck Ticketmaster for offering vouchers though. 

I am not fully against vouchers. I appreciate that some organisations would go bankrupt if all money of cancelled events / travels needs to be refunded and that they have arrangements with governments regarding vouchers, these are unprecedented times. I am not sure whether Ticketmaster / Livenation / Eventim would go bankrupt, although a lot of people will probably state that they have enough money, are cash grabbers etcetera. If they have the arrangements with the local governments, these will then agree that it will be crucial for the live music industry to have voucher arrangements, so maybe it is them to blame partly as well to allow this under local law. 

What I however really don’t like is these cumbersome processes to even obtain a voucher, just like I described in one of my posts above. I think that is absolutely a disgrace nowadays...

53 minutes ago, Politania said:

Warsaw show is  cancelled.  they wrote: It has not been possible to reschedule the Guns N’ Roses concert, previously scheduled for June 17 2020 at PGE Narodowy in Warsaw. Ticket holders for the original show date will receive an email from their ticketing company with refund options. " :(

That’s a bummer cause now there’s no any central europe show that I would be able to go :( 

I hope they will add a few more shows, and Poland or Czech will get one 

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

Theres gaps I'm sure there will be more dates announced  Spain would be a great show.

Yeah that's my assumption. Think Spain is a good market for them.

Or some kind of event planned in the gaps.

Makes no sense to have such gaps in an itinerary.  

8 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Unlikely I'd say. Why cancel things just to replace them with others? 

Just so they can get this announcement out asap.

It was already so delayed in coming out that it makes sense to put this out to the public and then deal with blockers afterwards.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GNR_RNR said:

Yeah that's my assumption. Think Spain is a good market for them.

Or some kind of event planned in the gaps.

Makes no sense to have such gaps in an itinerary.  

It was already so delayed in coming out that it makes sense to put this out to the public and then deal with blockers afterwards.

I don 't think GNR are familiar with the term ASAP 😄and if they have! they have never put it into practice😋

I get what you are saying though, and that might be it!

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, JY2016 said:

I am not fully against vouchers. I appreciate that some organisations would go bankrupt if all money of cancelled events / travels needs to be refunded and that they have arrangements with governments regarding vouchers, these are unprecedented times. I am not sure whether Ticketmaster / Livenation / Eventim would go bankrupt, although a lot of people will probably state that they have enough money, are cash grabbers etcetera. If they have the arrangements with the local governments, these will then agree that it will be crucial for the live music industry to have voucher arrangements, so maybe it is them to blame partly as well to allow this under local law. 

What I however really don’t like is these cumbersome processes to even obtain a voucher, just like I described in one of my posts above. I think that is absolutely a disgrace nowadays...

I'm totally against vouchers when they don't leave you any other chance and even when you plead with them, that you want/need your money back, they basically tell you to go fuck yourself. What am I do with a voucher for a promoter in a country/city I usually don't have any business attending a concert in? A promoter, who promotes mostly crap and has nothing that even remotely interests me? Why should I bail out a promoter who, instead of postponing a concert, simply cancels it and thus shows no regard to his customers and the promises made? Why should I be burdened with the risk of getting nothing, should the promoter go bankrupt? When a concert doesn't happen, the promoter saves money. One would think enough money to refund the people insisting on it. As I stated before, I think the majority, who are casual concert goers and maybe have 1 - 5 tickets, will hang on to their tickets for the rescheduled shows anyway. And of course these damn, corrupt governments, who allow this shit to happen/made it possible, are to blame. They retroactively revoked consumer rights, eroded the trust put into concert promoters to deliver, leaving us no recourse should a promoter take the option of issuing vouchers.

34 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

That’s a bummer cause now there’s no any central europe show that I would be able to go :( 

I hope they will add a few more shows, and Poland or Czech will get one 

Munich. I hear they got plenty of tix to sell. ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EricA said:

Breaking news, we have smaller stadiums or other outdoor loction with less capacity in Europe, where they could have easily switched to. But probably these ones are not good enough for GnR.

Well, i guess it's time to "Move On"

I think "not good enough" is the right guess... 

gosh what this band has become... how can they look in the mirror...there s nothing left from the afd spirit... not the same band anymore

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Maybe, that could be a possible scenario that they for now only fixed these 8 dates, to have something grounded for 2021, then wait how the whole covid situation turns out, and if it's possible at all, add some shows at the gaps in countries/or venues not originally planned.

But who knows what will be next year, can't get any worse than 2020.

Edited by EricA
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

It's a way to get fans their money back (which many have been crying for).

Unless they get offered fucking vouchers as the refund option! 

The least Ticketbastard could do is give us our fucking money back for a concert that isn't happening. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Why should I bail out a promoter who, instead of postponing a concert, simply cancels it and thus shows no regard to his customers and the promises made? Why should I be burdened with the risk of getting nothing, should the promoter go bankrupt?

It's more about keeping people employed by the promotion company, which is undeniably important. Especially during the live event apocalypse that is occurring atm. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Natty said:

I think "not good enough" is the right guess... 

gosh what this band has become... how can they look in the mirror...there s nothing left from the afd spirit... not the same band anymore

I don't think not good enough is anything to do with it as they toured all sorts of places in the States on leg #6757 of NITL.  Promoters will be cautious right now though with their booking I am sure.

I think they have canned the poor sellers, that is clear.

Less countries visited and only visiting ones that will (hopefully) have travel bridges in place will reduce quarantine/covid issues that may arise.

Perhaps one or two smaller shows added to the pad the schedule closer to the time.  I doubt they want to try and go on sale in the current climate, in Europe, the early sales are key.  If it starts slow it ends slow, the US seems to have a lot of late buyers in comparison.

2 or 3 more shows in arena's in the right cities would still make them money if they wanted to pad the schedule.  A Scandinavian date around Sweden will surely be added

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

I'm totally against vouchers when they don't leave you any other chance and even when you plead with them, that you want/need your money back, they basically tell you to go fuck yourself. What am I do with a voucher for a promoter in a country/city I usually don't have any business attending a concert in? A promoter, who promotes mostly crap and has nothing that even remotely interests me? Why should I bail out a promoter who, instead of postponing a concert, simply cancels it and thus shows no regard to his customers and the promises made? Why should I be burdened with the risk of getting nothing, should the promoter go bankrupt? When a concert doesn't happen, the promoter saves money. One would think enough money to refund the people insisting on it. As I stated before, I think the majority, who are casual concert goers and maybe have 1 - 5 tickets, will hang on to their tickets for the rescheduled shows anyway. And of course these damn, corrupt governments, who allow this shit to happen/made it possible, are to blame. They retroactively revoked consumer rights, eroded the trust put into concert promoters to deliver, leaving us no recourse should a promoter take the option of issuing vouchers.

Munich. I hear they got plenty of tix to sell. ;)

Reading the info about tickets, you have a 14 day window for a refund (might be 21) IF none of the shows suit you... but that's after a year! now, I could be wrong but that was the impression I got after reading through it all. Regardless, vouchers are bullshit and a complete cop out for the consumer!!! I can blame GNR for a lot to do with all of this, but it's ticketmaster and the EU that have fucked you and me, not the band in terms of vouchers! 

I haven't tried to get a refund, but i know it will be a headache!

59 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Unless they get offered fucking vouchers as the refund option! 

The least Ticketbastard could do is give us our fucking money back for a concert that isn't happening. 

That's a separate issue, but it sounds like vouchers are also available for those who prefer them to refunds. Or is that not the case - yes or no?

1 minute ago, Coma16 said:

That's a separate issue, but it sounds like vouchers are also available for those who prefer them to refunds. Or is that not the case - yes or no?

Difficult to tell at present. It certainly appears vouchers are the only option.....but we'll see what personal contact with them brings. I'm pissed off I even need to do that to be honest - why am I struggling to get my own money back for something that isn't happening? It should be automatic really. 

Anyway, we'll see what my email brings. 

• Like 3

Just now, allwaystired said:

Difficult to tell at present. It certainly appears vouchers are the only option.....but we'll see what personal contact with them brings. I'm pissed off I even need to do that to be honest - why am I struggling to get my own money back for something that isn't happening? It should be automatic really. 

Anyway, we'll see what my email brings. 

Did you pay on credit card?  You should try that route, although some countries have passed laws recently allowing Promoters to pull this shit.  Big business > the little fella trying to pay his rent 

Just now, northernsoul said:

Did you pay on credit card?  You should try that route, although some countries have passed laws recently allowing Promoters to pull this shit.  Big business > the little fella trying to pay his rent 

Sadly not - debit card, and way back in December, so I'm not sure chargebacks are possible after all that time? 

Since a few minutes there is a full refund option from the local ticket provider here in Austria, so if this company does it, and have permission from live nation to do it, mustn't it be the same for every show in every EU country no matter where you purchased the tickets, or am i wrong?

Edited by EricA
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, EricA said:

Since a few minutes there is a full refund option from the local ticket provider here in Austria, so if this company does it, and have permission from live nation to do it, mustn't it be the same for every show in every EU country no matter where you purchased the tickets, or am i wrong?

Each country has different rules and local laws, so i's all different. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

will they come to europe only for 7 dates?

it's so strange..

probably they're waiting for better times to come and to announce more..

I honestly think that's it and we're done now. No one is buying tickets at the moment for shows, and I can't see the logic in cancelling shows in countries only to re-announce them later. While it may seem 'not worth it' just to do those few shows, you've got to think how much money they'll make just from doing those few. It definitely will be worth it, financially. 

The only thing that I can see possible is them being at a couple of festivals, who are waiting to announce their lineups. But seeing as they cancelled the one they were doing in Holland, that seems quite an outside chance to me too.