Unofficial updates on 2020 tour

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

I shall certainly be taking him up on this. 

Edit: It looks like that was targeted at one specific complaint, rather than a general thing. But I think it's good if people bring to his attention the various struggles with refunds, just to make him aware. It's probably something no-one has mentioned to him, so (like most people) he'll rightfully think "show cancelled, ticket holders get refunded". 

of course it was the answer to a specific complaint, but what goes for one, should go for all;)

54 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I can't believe he would be that out of touch with what's going on.

We would he know whats going on. The bands management team aren't tour promotors or the bands booking agent. 

The promotor in each country would manage the refund process or in the case of the booking agent they would facilitate that process and be the link to the band via there management team. 

The bands management would pass any concern onto the booking agent, who would than contact the promotor in relation to a refund. 

Promotors often hold funds from the sale of tickets in a holding account and must wait for a period of time for those funds to be cleared and released into their bank accounts. In the event of a cancellation or unforseen circumstances preventing an event taking place those funds are available as refunds. It all depends on the terms and conditions of purchase listed on the tickets.. in relation to a refund policy.. 

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

We would he know whats going on. The bands management team aren't tour promotors or the bands booking agent. 

The promotor in each country would manage the refund process or in the case of the booking agent they would facilitate that process and be the link to the band via there management team. 

The bands management would pass any concern onto the booking agent, who would than contact the promotor in relation to a refund. 

Promotors often hold a percentage of ticket sales in a trust or holding account in the event of a cancellation or unforseen circumstances preventing an event taking place. It all depends on the terms and conditions of purchase listed on the tickets.. in relation to a refund policy.. 

Yeah I know how it all works, I mean that I can't believe he wouldn't know what's been going on with people trying to get refunds. It's no secret and GnR isn't the only band that this is happening to.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Yeah I know how it all works, I mean that I can't believe he wouldn't know what's been going on with people trying to get refunds. It's no secret and GnR isn't the only band that this is happening to.

To be fair, if no-one has mentioned it to him, I don't see that he would know. He won't know anyone personally that's bought GNR tickets. 

Let's give the guy his due on this one - he's said he wasn't aware, but will sort it out this week, which he didn't need to say and is a decent gesture. Let's see if he does sort it. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

To be fair, if no-one has mentioned it to him, I don't see that he would know. He won't know anyone personally that's bought GNR tickets. 

Let's give the guy his due on this one - he's said he wasn't aware, but will sort it out this week, which he didn't need to say and is a decent gesture. Let's see if he does sort it. 

he can’t, he's not in the position to sort things out, all the people who have trouble with refunds, have to deal with ticketmaster/live nation themselves.

But that's exactely the point why i posted his quote, cause he is completely clueless, and the only thing he does is telling people bullshit about what he can or will do...and as we all know, most of it doesn't happen in the slightest.

btw, i for ones would rather wait a year for my money or even loose it, than asking Fernando for help.

8 hours ago, EricA said:

he can’t, he's not in the position to sort things out, all the people who have trouble with refunds, have to deal with ticketmaster/live nation themselves.

But that's exactely the point why i posted his quote, cause he is completely clueless, and the only thing he does is telling people bullshit about what he can or will do...and as we all know, most of it doesn't happen in the slightest.

btw, i for ones would rather wait a year for my money or even loose it, than asking Fernando for help.

....but the gesture was nice though? 

I'm trying to be positive here! 

11 hours ago, EricA said:

Well, some bands actually have said that they instructed their promoters to refund the money to fans. One would think that a band as big as GNR is capable of doing that too.

25 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

How are people doing with refunds? I've heard nothing whatsoever, despite emails. Not quite sure what route to take now really.....

Not getting refunds before 2022. They want to give people vouchers (which is funny cause there won't be any fucking shows anytime soon). They can fucking die for all i care and all their dumbass employees go bankrupt. Funnily they didn't like that when I told them that via email

• Like 3

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

How are people doing with refunds? I've heard nothing whatsoever, despite emails. Not quite sure what route to take now really.....

I got a refund for the Live Nation Germany produced and cancelled Aerosmith and System of a down shows, on the basis that I'm not german. So anyone who bought a ticket for a german show, but is not german, should try that. I also got a refund for the Dublin show,

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

I got a refund for the Live Nation Germany produced and cancelled Aerosmith and System of a down shows, on the basis that I'm not german. So anyone who bought a ticket for a german show, but is not german, should try that. I also got a refund for the Dublin show,

I will try this as well. Did you contact Live Nation, Eventim or Ticketmaster?

17 hours ago, JY2016 said:

I will try this as well. Did you contact Live Nation, Eventim or Ticketmaster?

Live Nation Germany. Both Eventim and Ticketmaster will deflect to the promoter. Live Nation Germany instructed Ticketmaster to refund me the money. Just tell them, that you were going to Germany for that show, but now won't go there and don't have any use for a coupon by a german promoter.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

On 15/08/2020 at 12:55 AM, PatrickS77 said:

Hi,

who did you contact for the refund of the dublin show?

Thanks!

I've just had a second email telling me the 'promoter is offering vouchers' in response to my second email saying I did not want vouchers I would never use. 

Still hoping the bank will approve a chargeback so I can close the book on this crap, lesson learnt. Never again. 

It absolutely should not be this hard to get money back for a cancelled show. 

• 2 weeks later...