Unofficial updates on 2020 tour

15 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

At least now we know for sure, it is Fernando. As if we needed confirmation. ;)

But really, fuck that 30 days to say whether you want to return tickets. I got 25 shows booked this year, some I only attend because they are in proximity to another and can be done in one trip. How the hell am I supposed to know which ones I keep when all of them get rescheduled? Fuck them.

Ummm....isn't this just a little contradictory to your previous comments aimed at people? 

"Yeah, if you can't afford it, you shouldn't buy overpriced tickets to a rock show. If it means, less food on the table, because 500 $ is a huge sum to you, then you probably shouldn't do it. If you don't have enough savings to get by for a while, when loosing your job or any other unforseen thing, without having to beg for that money back, then yes, it probably is not a smart and responsible thing to pay that sum in the first place.

It has nothing to do with privilege or that enjoyment for the low paid should being outlawed.... What a stupid thing to say. It has to do with being responsible and smart with your money. Expect the unexpected. Have a backup plan and savings. If that offends you. Well. 2 bad. I heed to my advice and don't have to worry and ask for my ticket money back, as I buy the stuff that is within my means. I'm responsible with my money, even though I go to a lot of rock shows. I'm not paying 500 $ for a stupid concert ticket, when I could get one for 150 $ that gives me the same, just without the fancy stuff. I don't pay 200 $ for a hotel, when I could get one for 70. I don't book stuff, that is uncancelable. The list goes on." 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

Rough life bro. I feel sorry for you with all these difficult decisions you have to make lol

Who asked for your opinion?? Fact is, it stinks that they are trying to rush everyone into making a decision, when, most likely, every show this year gets postponed. Many people will face the problem of clashing appointments. 

33 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Who asked for your opinion?? Fact is, it stinks that they are trying to rush everyone into making a decision, when, most likely, every show this year gets postponed. Many people will face the problem of clashing appointments. 

Live Nation/Ticketmaster has the $ and yes every show is most likely postponed this year. It’s not like GNR is going to make the final say here to be on the hook for the tour or cut you a check for a refund. They are letting the promoter handle this like many other artists in the same position. It’s a situation that’s out of control with a lot of jobs at stake. They are going to roll things out in a way that won’t bankrupt their company and save their shareholders, be inline with the safety of fans and what state governments decide. The entire live industry is at a stand still with no end in sight. It sucks for the people who work at LN and in the live industry, it sucks for artists who’ve committed time/energy to prepare (some who need to be in the road to survive), it sucks for us as fans who’ve committed more than just ticket fees. Fact is that one is going to win here. Hopefully refunds happen smoothly for those who need them 

12 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Live Nation/Ticketmaster has the $ and yes every show is most likely postponed this year. It’s not like GNR is going to make the final say here to be on the hook for the tour or cut you a check for a refund. They are letting the promoter handle this like many other artists in the same position. 

Did I blame GNR anywhere for this?

Had to remove the last couple of posts. We have a long standing policy of not allowing insults of other posters. 

If you can't make your point without insulting other posters, then you need to either think on it longer or maybe not make the post at all. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Had to remove the last couple of posts. We have a long standing policy of not allowing threats of other posters. 

If you can't make your point without insulting other posters, then you need to either think on it longer or maybe not make the post at all. 

Right. When the truth hurts, just delete it and shut the people up and pat yourself on the back afterwards. And how convenient you happen to like the other person's post. At least the dimwitted people, the ones lacking reading comprehension and thrive on getting off being butthurt and offended are protected. And threats?? What threats are you talking about?

Edited by PatrickS77

18 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Right. When the truth hurts, just delete it and shut the people up and pat yourself on the back afterwards. And how convenient you happen to like the other person's post. At least the dimwitted people, the ones lacking reading comprehension and thrive on getting off being butthurt and offended are protected. And threats?? What threats are you talking about?

There are lost lives, lost jobs, lost money on holidays and entertainment related activities, lots of random things going on.

Noone has ever planned for a pandemic, it is what it is, but complaining about money related things when people are dying or in dire financial need to live is never going to come across great on a forum. Everyone will have a story to tell at the end of it all, but perspective and decency are needed.

You are not on your own in anything happening right now

Edited by Mysteron
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

"threats" was an auto correct mistake on my part. I corrected my original post to say "insults". 

And I didn't delete "the truth" I removed your attempt at insulting others because you can't seem to make your point without doing so. 

I liked the other posters post because they were able to explain themselves without the need to attempt to insult another poster. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Who asked for your opinion?

Its going to be a pretty dull forum if we have to sit around waiting for someone to ask our opinion!

Can i have your opinion on this @RussTCB  ??:blink:

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, DK6 said:

Its going to be a pretty dull forum if we have to sit around waiting for someone to ask our opinion!

Patrick thinks it is his forum and he enjoys speaking to himself.  Surprising for as long as he has been around he doesn't understand how things work.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DK6 said:

I'm still waiting on you to ask MY opinion on things DK6 <_<

Edited by WAR41
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

Bon Jovi just cancelled his tour as opposed to postponing so people can get their money back right away. I can't stand that band, but that's a solid move.

Roger Waters was the only artist that I had tickets to so far. He just postponed his tour until next year and I'm fine with that to be honest. I do think a lot of bands should just cancel at this point though. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

The European tour starts in 30 days...and every single date is still on sale. 

It is odd that Ticketmaster is still facilitating sales.

I guess they're legally obliged to have stuff up that isn't cancelled?? 

Still weird.

56 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

It is odd that Ticketmaster is still facilitating sales.

I guess they're legally obliged to have stuff up that isn't cancelled?? 

Still weird.

Very very odd. Even more strange when you think that many of the concerts are now actually illegal. 

6 hours ago, Joraz said:

Im under the impression that these dates arent cancelled yet and will still at this point go ahead since the official website is yet to say theyre cancelled.

Most of them certainly are cancelled as local Governments have banned concerts (see the first post in this thread).