Rick Beato

He must not be too much of a Guns N' Rose's fan, he rarely includes them in any of his countdowns. He didn't even include Axl in his top 20 Rock singers of all time ?!?!

He has mentioned, however, the GN'R management comes after him whenever he mentions them. He says the are serial Blockers.

Seriously, he is only trying to recognize their talent and possibly introduce them to new fans. Come on GN'R management!

Edited by Bailey15

I sense Ken Tamplin hates Axl...he didnt even mention him in his top 20 best rock singers, and didnt even mention him in hos special mentions.

He did analyse a few videos and I can tell he just dowsnt like Axl.

How can you deny Axl is immortal fornrock singing...you may dislike him or his music, but I dont have to love Elvis to acknoledge his talent..

2 hours ago, Alejandro GNR said:

I sense Ken Tamplin hates Axl...he didnt even mention him in his top 20 best rock singers, and didnt even mention him in hos special mentions.

He did analyse a few videos and I can tell he just dowsnt like Axl.

How can you deny Axl is immortal fornrock singing...you may dislike him or his music, but I dont have to love Elvis to acknoledge his talent..

Ken Tamplin is a douche

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Huh? You asked a question and then answered it in the next sentence. 

Rick has said over and over in his videos that he would love to do them on GN'R but GN'Rs clueless management stops him from doing so. 

Also, to give a lot more context as to who Rick is and what his videos are about, here's a good example:

Cheers for that Russ. This guy is really cool. I've just lost the last three hours getting sucked into a youtube wormhole.  

• GNFNR 2

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

Cheers for that Russ. This guy is really cool. I've just lost the last three hours getting sucked into a youtube wormhole.  

Hell yeah. Rick knows his shit and he's dead on the money about older acts needing to realize that they need to stop blocking us fans from promoting their product for free. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Hell yeah. Rick knows his shit and he's dead on the money about older acts needing to realize that they need to stop blocking us fans from promoting their product for free. 

Still watching him now. Fascinating stuff. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

He literally says he would have included Sweet Child o' Mine in this list but didn't because the video would have been blocked.

Yep. It would be so cool if GN'Rs management let people promote the band. 

Yeah there's lots of times in his videos where he says he can't play clips or demonstrate songs because of the copyright strikes. Nothing to do with how much he likes or dislikes something.

Even if it did - who cares? If Rick Beato thought Guns N' Roses were trash, why does it matter?

5 hours ago, ll_tj1 said:

Ken Tamplin is a douche

Ken Tamplin is an incredibly talented singer and youtuber... and because he doesn't bow down at the altar of Axl he's a douche. Yeah that makes total sense, not crazy at all! 

He seems pretty cool, some lame dad jokes... but we are all going to make them at one point so, I cut him slack. 

He has done a handful of GNR songs, and has said complimentary things about Axl, he also did a what makes this singer great episode specially on Axl... I don't think you coiuld even remotely put an argument that he isn't giving him a fair shake. If he said "I never liked GNR, they were style over substance and they were one dimensional" then you could argue with him, but I have heard him say so many positive things about the band and Axl. It's just crazy the level of crazy going around GNR forums.

Finally, he has said it in some of those videos, the style of voice he likes is a little bit warmer and less nasal... He didn't say Axl was a bad singer, but he did critique his technique and noted that his poor technique back in the 90s would hurt his vocal health in the future... well, here we are in the future and you cannot disagree with him. He's a music fan, and he is allowed to have his opinion on what he considers good and bad, and that doesn't make him a dick. 

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Yep. It would be so cool if GN'Rs management let people promote the band. 

What a novel idea:lol:

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Ken Tamplin is an incredibly talented singer and youtuber... and because he doesn't bow down at the altar of Axl he's a douche. Yeah that makes total sense, not crazy at all! 

He seems pretty cool, some lame dad jokes... but we are all going to make them at one point so, I cut him slack. 

He has done a handful of GNR songs, and has said complimentary things about Axl, he also did a what makes this singer great episode specially on Axl... I don't think you coiuld even remotely put an argument that he isn't giving him a fair shake. If he said "I never liked GNR, they were style over substance and they were one dimensional" then you could argue with him, but I have heard him say so many positive things about the band and Axl. It's just crazy the level of crazy going around GNR forums.

Finally, he has said it in some of those videos, the style of voice he likes is a little bit warmer and less nasal... He didn't say Axl was a bad singer, but he did critique his technique and noted that his poor technique back in the 90s would hurt his vocal health in the future... well, here we are in the future and you cannot disagree with him. He's a music fan, and he is allowed to have his opinion on what he considers good and bad, and that doesn't make him a dick. 

What a novel idea:lol:

Ken Tamplin is a contentious prick. Axl has nothing to do with it. And I called him a DOUCHE, not a dick. And why would I give a crap about one washed up never was talking about a washed up has been?? I dont. Fuck Axl and his devotion to Micke Mouse.. Hes got nothing to do with my comment and Tamplin. Which was a simple...Ken Tamplin is a douche........not a dick.

Edited by ll_tj1

3 hours ago, ll_tj1 said:

Ken Tamplin is a contentious prick. Axl has nothing to do with it. And I called him a DOUCHE, not a dick. And why would I give a crap about one washed up never was talking about a washed up has been?? I dont. Fuck Axl and his devotion to Micke Mouse.. Hes got nothing to do with my comment and Tamplin. Which was a simple...Ken Tamplin is a douche........not a dick.

I guess you proved me wrong, you're definitely not crazy😃

• Haha 2

Rick is awesome.

If he could, I'm sure he would talk about GNR in his videos. And he certainly would use the songs that he can isolate the tracks. Besides WTTJ, I'm not sure if anything besides the CD songs are available, maybe Paradise City as it was used in that Resident Evil trailer. 

I'd love to see him talking about stuff like the awesome guitar work in Better. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, themadcaplaughs said:

I have met Rick quite a few times over the years; particularly when I worked in ticketing. His studio now is right down the street from where I work now, and he lives in Stone Mountain just a hop and skip from where I live. One of the sweetest and most knowledgeable people working the business. I know for a fact he LOVES the band, and particularly Slash's playing. 

That's very cool to hear. I honestly thought I was the only person on the board who watched his videos, so I was pleasantly surprised to see this thread pop up. Good to hear he's a great guy. 

Im a Rick follower and GNR is not the only band that goes after him for his videos, theres a video of his where he says that a lot of his content gets strikes and arent monetized. Its just how this shit works these days.

Love his channel btw.

Edited by default_
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Bansidhe said:

Beato's stuff is excellent. Has just enough theory type chat for actual musicians but still very accessible for casual viewers.

That's what was interesting for me about his stuff. Binged a lot of it, probably 3 or 4 months ago. Was kinda curious why there were few GN'R mentions, but it's fairly obvious now. Surely thought You Could Be Mine would be featured on his, best of drum intros videos. Guess not. It is curious he says he'll get a copyright strike on his video, where he lists the top guitar riffs, just for playing SCOM's riff.. I thought all the strikes were just live performances. There's tonnnnnnnnnnns of videos regarding playing the music, i.e. people playing solos, songs, riffs, from the GN'R catalog, that haven't and probably wont get taken down. Is there a difference in the eyes of Youtube? I figured it was all Fair Use, but I guess not

Edited by UsedYourIllusion

Rick has some serious chops and knowledge and a great musical taste, amazing when some obscure-ish songs I like gets a video (Vancouver by Jeff Buckley for example). I'm sure he'd love to do some stuff on GNR.

Ken Tamplin is a shill and shouts everything. Not a great singer.