New Rolling Stones song 'Living in a Ghost Town'

SAU3R

10 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I honestly struggle to imagine a band as shit as Queen or U2.  I sometimes feel like God created them for them to be the answer of that very question for each other.

albums wise, there's room for debate.

"news of the world" was pretty great 

Queen as a studio band is not really rock n roll. It's like a premium version of rock music, reserved for rich people with good taste, full of layers, and a crazy entertaining front man to boot.

But live, oh man, there was none better. not the stones, not elvis, not the gunners, nobody. I've only ever heard elvis sing with a grit and power of freddie (the comeback special), and after that event never again. Freddie delivered consistent comeback specials, night after night up until he was already dying of aids

7 minutes ago, action said:

albums wise, there's room for debate.

"news of the world" was pretty great 

Queen as a studio band is not really rock n roll. It's like a premium version of rock music, reserved for rich people with good taste, full of layers, and a crazy entertaining front man to boot.

But live, oh man, there was none better. not the stones, not elvis, not the gunners, nobody. I've only ever heard elvis sing with a grit and power of freddie (the comeback special), and after that event never again. Freddie delivered consistent comeback specials, night after night up until he was already dying of aids

Absolute fuckin’ gash.  Honestly can’t see what people see in em.  Freddie could sing sure but so can Christina Aguilera on paper, whats it worth if the style music lyrics et al are all shite?  I suppose its a matter of opinion but I just find them dreadful.  You wanna hear singing with power:

I’m not one for picking bests but if I was to call anything the greatest vocal performance ever committed to record that I’ve heard of there it is.  And the fuckin’ band are on fire...and they swing like a bastard too.  Never heard nothing like it, its like the musical equivalent of a fat line of coke.

Edited by Len Cnut

5 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I’m not one for picking bests but if I was to call anything the greatest vocal performance ever committed to record that I’ve heard of there it is.  And the fuckin’ band are on fire...and they swing like a bastard too.  Never heard nothing like it, its like the musical equivalent of a fat line of coke.

I can't argue with that one. it really is that great

but like with a line of coke, you use to do a little (pun not intended), and then a little don't do it anymore. Or in other words: habit kicks in, and then it loses effect. At least, it does to me.

little richard is like a grill plate. it's nice to have on a sunday, in the garden, but at the end of the evening you're stuffed and you go "pho pho", I'm not having that for a million years again, tomorrow it's back to potatoes with sausage. Queen is that sausage.

Edited by action

4 minutes ago, action said:

I can't argue with that one. it really is that great

but like with a line of coke, you use to do a little (pun not intended), and then a little don't do it anymore. Or in other words: habit kicks in, and then it loses effect. At least, it does to me.

little richard is like a grill plate. it's nice to have on a sunday, in the garden, but at the end of the evening you're stuffed and you go "pho pho", I'm not having that for a million years again, tomorrow it's back to potatoes with sausage. Queen is that sausage.

Fuck the sausage, gimme the little black poof from the church in Georgia screaming at the top of his lungs :lol: 

3 minutes ago, action said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e472f7c2a9b429da00889

what an utterly brilliant frontman. I'm not even sure what kind of move that is. this level of showmanship, it's was one of a kind, once in a liftetime.

Everything can’t be for everybody I suppose, if you’re into that kind of music I’m sure they were great, they must’ve been or millions of fuckers around the world wouldn’t’ve been into em but I just can’t personally see what it is and perhaps I’m not supposed to.  As for that move, uh, I think they call it mincing mate :lol:  Aggressive giver-man mincing :lol: 

• Haha 1

I actually like Queen but there is no comparison between them and the Stones - and Little Richard!!

Little Richard was a glorious freak of nature. Androgynous and black in 1950s crew cut America! Mad camp evangelical nutter genius who produced the greatest rock n' roll you are ever likely to hear really. I just think his music on Speciality - he only had about four years when he was at his absolute peak writing/recording wise - is impossibly good really. Ridiculously good. Wild, flamboyant, full of sexual innuendo and half-formed sentences and wordplay. Everything rock n' roll is meant to be. 

He had the New Orleans big band backing him, people like Alvin Tyler. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

Wow, dunno how this flew under my radar for four days. I dig it, it's great to hear anything fresh from the Stones. I do agree though it probably doesn't have the same impact that Doom & Gloom, or even One More Shot did when I first heard those. 

I really like that song! Very catchy and nostalgic, and Mick’s voice sounds great!!

Imagine traveling back to 1962 and telling The Stones “In the year 2020, there’s a virus that ruins the whole world and forces all of the bands, including you guys, to cancel your tours, but you guys make up for it by putting out a new song about the whole situation. Also, yes, you guys are still touring and releasing original music in the year 2020.”

Edited by rocknroll41