Pussy Galore(Honor Blackman) Died

This actually reminds me - I was reading up on George Lazenby on April 20th (insert joke here), and I randomly found the agent that gave him the shitty advice to quit Bond died...on that day, weirdly enough. Ronan O'Rahilly, famous for Radio Caroline, but I'm an American so I have no idea about that :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Crazyman said:

This actually reminds me - I was reading up on George Lazenby on April 20th (insert joke here), and I randomly found the agent that gave him the shitty advice to quit Bond died...on that day, weirdly enough. Ronan O'Rahilly, famous for Radio Caroline, but I'm an American so I have no idea about that :lol:

Ronan was quite a noise in the London scene, ran The Scene club, helped produce Girl on a Motorcycle with Marianne Faithful, something that I’ve had for a while now but I can’t remember if I’ve ever seen it.  In his defence too, if you look at the Bond movies and where they were at the end of the 60s you could forgive someone for thinking they were just this swinging 60s phenomenon that would not translate into the 70s.  And that whole think of a few decades long franchise was unprescedented at that point in history.  Ronan was perhaps too cool for his own good, never discount the publics predilictiom for the repetition of formula.

• Like 1

Another random Bond-related thing I just read - Terrance Young, who directed 3 of the first 4 Bond films (and skipped Goldfinger, meaning he unfortunately didn't direct Honor Blackman) directed a film in 1958 called...you guessed it, "No Time To Die"

The film was produced by "Cubby" Broccoli, who later co-produced the first 17 or so Bond films. His family still produces Bond today. 

Interesting to see where they get some of the names.