Army Special Forces Chaplain Thanks Axl and Sings Patience

12 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Although this isn't like a hardcore music fan on a podcast dissecting the music of GNR lol, this is a military chaplain who is just quoting an Axl lyric to inspire and keep connected to the soldiers he works with.  I am not gonna blast him for not going "oh and thanks to Izzy for writing the chord progression to the song I chose to quote to inspire my guys" :lol:

Fair enough too lol

• Like 1

I remember reading somewhere Izzy lost the paper with the lyrics right before he had to go to the studio and he had to write it again.  Like new version of the lyrics as he didn't remember much of it. So I guess Iz is a co-writer of the lyrics at least.

5 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Regardless of all the (well-deserved) negativity and trollings toward Axl, hats off to all men and women in service risking their lives protecting civilians during these challenging times. :heart: :headbang:

He move like Axl when sing too.

• Like 1

Personally ‘object lesson sermons’ aren’t my favorite genre, but it’s not like you can easily quote Jesus with a straight face to trained killers, so Axl it is. And this dudes got that great Pastor voice going on. When he goes full youth pastor emphasis on a few words I get an ASMR tingle. :) 

On 4/30/2020 at 10:39 AM, allwaystired said:

What's he thanking Axl for? Writing and releasing a song 33 years ago?! 

Why not? Folks still thank The Beatles for all their music, which was written and released even longer ago.

Not every fan feels as entitled to new music as many do on this message board.

That said, I do take exception to the guy referring to GN'R as a hair band. While GN'R certainly formed in that era and even looked the part at times, anybody that really followed the band and music of that era should know that they were widely credited for helping to cause the end the hair band era. There are people that falsely cite grunge as the cause of death, but even smarter folks that recognize the authenticity of GN'R as the start of it all. Grunge was just the final nail in the proverbial coffin.

Edited by thunderram
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Rayno said:

I remember reading somewhere Izzy lost the paper with the lyrics right before he had to go to the studio and he had to write it again.  Like new version of the lyrics as he didn't remember much of it. So I guess Iz is a co-writer of the lyrics at least.

Yea I remember that. LOL Such an Izzy thing to do lol

On 4/30/2020 at 7:15 PM, Top-Hatted One said:

Only Axl? No thanking Izzy for writing the song?

You really think the average fan knows what role IZZY played in writing that or any song?

Been saying it since before the "reunion" began. Only the above average to hardcore fan knows about IZZY, STEVEN and DUFF's level of involvement. To everyone else Guns N' Roses has always been and will continue to be AXL and SLASH.

I know many fans of GN'R music that have almost no clue who IZZY is. When I meet someone and discover that they like GN'R, I always ask them if they can name all the members of the band. A majority of the time, they never name IZZY or STEVEN.

Lame, but true.

So I'm far from shocked this guy had no clue.

14 minutes ago, thunderram said:

You really think the average fan knows what role IZZY played in writing that or any song?

Been saying it since before the "reunion" began. Only the above average to hardcore fan knows about IZZY, STEVEN and DUFF's level of involvement. To everyone else Guns N' Roses has always been and will continue to be AXL and SLASH.

I know many fans of GN'R music that have almost no clue who IZZY is. When I meet someone and discover that they like GN'R, I always ask them if they can name all the members of the band. A majority of the time, they never name IZZY or STEVEN.

Lame, but true.

Had seen many people in concerts front row who call em like Axel Roses, Gunses Roses etc.

Once a buddy of mine travelled 2000KM to go to "Gunzez Rozez" show and he was so excited to post instagram photos with "Gunzez Rozez" captions.

Usually the ones who get crazy during SCOM, WTTJ, LALD and awkward silence during Coma, Estranged and CD songs.

+ These are the target group of GN'R marketing team.

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, thunderram said:

Lame, but true.

I guess it went from "Where's Izzy?" to "Who's Izzy?"

• Haha 1